Finance and Project Manager with over 20 years experience including eight years of full project life cycle management with IBM. Led project teams using both Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies. Proven ability in providing C-Level presentations, listening to and assessing client needs, resolving issues and working closely with all stakeholders to quickly establish credibility and rapport at all levels of an organization. A success oriented and client focused Manager with strong organizational, communication and leadership skills. Core competencies include:
ERP System Design / Implementation Gap Analysis Accounting Operations
Global Business Requirements Lease Accounting SAP FICO Configuration
Project Lifecycle Management Change Management Cost & Inventory Accounting
2012 to Present
Worked jointly with the SAVO Team as Project Manager in the implementation of the SAVO Sales Enablement platform. SAVO provides Harman sellers with relevant content that will proactively meet their changing needs and enable content providers to focus their expertise and help increase their effectiveness across various sales activities.
• Built and maintained the SAVO platform project plan
• Provided weekly management reporting to the Project Executive and Steering Committee
• Coordinated global requirements gathering workshops
• Created and implemented project adoption plan
• Designed the Content Life Cycle Management Policy
• Managed the initial content load
Life Insurance Agent
2010 to 2011
Licensed Agent specializing in Life Insurance, Long Term Care, Retirement Planning and College Funding. Prospected for clients at local events, museums, trade shows and via walk and talk. Met with potential clients and proposed solutions to meet their needs.
• Achieved New Organization Agent of the month and General Office Agent of the month status
Business Release Manager
2003 to 2009
Implemented Worldwide Incentive & Compensation solutions to meet the Sales and Distributions Divisions stated
business objectives through the deployment and upgrading of the Field Management System.
• Managed 11 successful worldwide deployments throughout the entire project life cycle using IBM project management methodology
• Established project milestones and timelines by interlocking The Application Owner Team's plan with the plans of all other Project Teams.
• Ensured the timely delivery of Team's tasks to meet project milestones through Earned Value reporting
• Developed and manages the Team's recovery plans for any late deliverables
• Created new geography test methodology to ensure test standardization and test team synchronicity with the 4 geo test teams.
• Implemented corporate Accounts Receivable Look Back Policy worldwide to eliminate IBM's delinquent receivables, decreased clip rates from $100,000 to $50,000 six months after deployment
• Managed the Application System Controls and Auditable certifications required for deployment
• Coordinated and reported on all deployment activities for the 4 geographical regions through the first payment cycle.
IBM Corporation )
1999 to 2009
Accounting Team Lead
1999 to 2003
Led the development of the SAP end-to-end leasing solution for IBM Asset Financing in accordance with the IBM Global Financing Business Process Blueprint. Created a work environment characterized by innovation, positive attitude, teamwork, open opportunity and timely results.
• Planned and managed accounting team activities that included requirements gathering, configuration, unit testing, system integration testing and installation of the Gold Code and Code Drop Reviews
• Reported on the Team's status in weekly project executive meetings.
• Created interlocked recovery plans for all late tasks to ensure project milestones were successfully met
• Created new project team structure that eliminated several integration roadblocks and provided consistency throughout the end-to-end process.
• Owned and managed issue resolution and participated in the Leasing Solution Pilot in Stuttgart Germany
1997 to 1999
Member of the Accounting Team responsible for the entire life cycle of the SAP transformation project.
• Created gap analysis documentation comparing "as-is" business process to the "to-be" SAP process
• Gathered product costing requirements and configured the Product Cost, Cost Center, Profit Center, A/P and A/R modules.
• Tested the modules - created test script and test case execution, defect resolution and retested failed test cases.
• Worked closely with SD and MM Teams to ensure all accounting requirements were satisfied at the SD, MM accounting integration points
• Led the accounting end user education session for all FICO modules and delivered SAP training to end users
• Implemented SAP Expense Reimbursement module
• Key member of the Accounting Team responsible for assisting with issue resolution after Go-Live
1989 to 1999
Supervisor of Cost Accounting
1995 to 1997
Supervised a staff of 4 cost accountants with responsibility for maintaining the standard cost system, developing new standard costs at year-end, performing monthly internal management reporting and variance analyses, and managing the year-end service and consignment physical inventory revaluation and reconciliation process.
Senior Cost Accountant
1989 to 1995
Analyzed and reported manufacturing standard cost variance monthly to management. Reconciled $30 million service and consignment inventory warehouses. Led the annual physical inventory for remote service inventory.
1987 to 1989
Reported monthly actual cost variances
• Analyzed inventory audit trail
• Participated in yearly physical inventory
Bachelors of Science in Finance & Business Management
Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, SAP FICO, SAP Leasing Solution, and SAVO