Project Coordinator / Estimator
2006 to Present
Provides residential and light commercial HVAC repair, maintenance, and replacement
• As a "full-service" HVAC expert; design systems, sell the job, order equipment, draw ducting diagrams, obtain permits, complete paperwork, install equipment, oversee crews, and collect payment.
• Assumed estimating role from company owner and increased sales 20% to more than $1.1M annually by promoting additional products and services including attic insulation, ducting, and air filtration.
• Designed and established a more effective customer referral system to build the business.
• Gained reputation for deep technical knowledge of eight leading brands of equipment and the corresponding manufactures incentives, energy rebates, and financing specials.
• Maintain an average 98% customer satisfaction rating.
• Designed and implemented a new worksheet to better track material and equipment ordering, as well as the paperwork required for each project. Used past customer referral lists to help close new jobs.
Project Coordinator / Crew Leader
2003 to 2006
Offered heating and air conditioning large contract maintenance, repair, and replacement
• Functioned in multiple roles as the crew leader, lead installer, repair technician, and estimator while servicing residential and light commercial customers.
• Met with on-site managers to gain access and submit work orders for immediate approval to correct failed equipment with repair or replacement.
• Leveraged expertise utilizing the Honeywell Enalysis air flow duct testing computer system to solicit and gain business in the Lodi and Stockton residential market.
• Maintained more than 3,000 units during a given cycle on time and on budget, generating in excess of $100K. Added an average of $300K in additional residential replacement work each year.
General Manager / Owner
2001 to 2003
Provided landscape design / installation, and complete handyman services
• Started by creating landscape design drawings, then expanded to decking, fencing, and handyman repairs to build a larger customer base.
• Advertised and marketed to residential customers utilizing local newspaper ads and networking with other contractors.
• Prepared field sketches for estimates to complete working drawing for customers in the do it yourself market, and offered consulting advice and guidance.
• On larger projects, subcontracted portions of the project to specialists and served as general contractor to work with the homeowner.
• Provided handyman services that included sprinkler system installations, lawns and flower beds, hard scape installations including retaining walls, concrete, electrical, plumbing, custom decks, and fences.
Territory Manager / Factory Sales Representative
1995 to 2001
Provided industrial cleaning/sterilizing equipment, chemicals, and water reclamation services
• Cultivated and expanded business relationships with facility managers, field supervisors, lead mechanics, and business owners to promote products and services.
• Researched the environmental requirements of each customer and crafted a solution utilizing company products. Developed a larger, more diverse customer base by providing world-class service.
• Gained valuable experience interacting with city and county government officials, as well as representatives of municipalities throughout the entire bid process.
• Increased annual sales by 25% on average over a seven year period by expanding product line to better serve each account.
• Attended industry trade shows and exhibitions to demonstrate and market products. Designed interactive demonstration props to engage prospective customers.
• Worked directly with internal mechanical and electrical engineers to design products that met specific customer requirements.
1990 to 1995
Residential custom construction firm
• Worked alongside company owner to design and frame each structure. Completed all phases of the build including foundation layout, form building, concrete and rebar, framing, sheering, electrical, plumbing, windows, doors, siding, roofing, sheetrock, and trim.
• Reviewed plans and ordered materials for delivery to the job site. Supervised subordinate workers to maintain a clean, safe job site, and to stay on budget through project completion.
• Managed $1.5M two-year remodel project of the Brookdale Lodge including renovation of the custom recreation facility with a mermaid/aquarium style swimming pool, new bathrooms, exercise area, and structural retrofit for below pool deck cocktail bar and seating area.
AA in Liberal Arts
Sales and Marketing/ construction management
Core competencies include:
• Project Planning / Project Management • Planning & Organizational Skills
• Strategic and Critical Thinking Skills • Problem Solving and Analysis
• Staff Training and Development • Time & Resource Management
• Interpersonal Communication Skills • Collaborative Teamwork