Academically Talented Math Teacher (Long-Term Substitute)
April 2015 to Present
* Revise and implement a dynamic curriculum for talented and gifted middle school children incorporating activities, explorations, and projects in probability (6th Grade), patterns in math (7th Grade), and game theory (8th Grade).
* Strategies include flipping the classroom and peer review of assignments and projects.
August 2008 to Present
Tutor high school and middle school students in Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1 & 2, Geometry, Trigonometry, and Pre-Calculus; and SAT/ACT and New York State Math Regents Preparation.
February 2003 to Present
Pick up and deliver critical documents and packages in a timely manner for such clients as accounting and law firms, financial services companies, consumer products companies, beverage distributors, and architects.
October 2013 to April 2015
* Substitute teacher in the Mathematics, English, Science, Social Studies, Foreign Language, Physical Education, and Special Education departments.
Math Teacher (Leave Replacement)
August 2012 to June 2013
* Taught 8th Grade Algebra, 7th Grade Pre-Algebra, and 6th Grade Math.
* School administrator for both brainingcamp.com and tenmarks.com (mathematics enrichment websites).
* Integrated technology in the classroom, including Smart board and graphing calculators.
November 2011 to June 2012
* Taught 8th Grade Algebra, 7th and 8th Grade Pre-Algebra, and 7th Grade "Course 2."
* Integrated technology in the classroom, including ēno board and Elmo.
September 2010 to November 2011
* Substitute teacher in the Mathematics, Science, Business, English, Social Studies, Physical Education, and Special Education departments.
August 2008 to June 2010
* Taught one honors and three "regular" Geometry courses in addition to an SAT prep class in math.
* Integrated technology in the classroom, including Smart board and graphing calculator.
* Moderated a weekly Advisory session.
* Created and analyzed common formative assessments with my data team.
* Served on the assessment committee as part of the school's anticipated NEASC accreditation.
* Assisted the Mathematics department coordinator in developing the geometry and statistics curricula for the 2009-2010 school year.
Manager, Accounts Receivable Management
February 1997 to February 2000
* Prepared and administered a $200 million accounts receivable budget.
* Compiled, analyzed, and interpreted accounts receivable clearance and turnover reports in order to forecast bad debt expense.
* Implemented email distribution of these daily sales reports, increasing productivity by 15%.
February 1990 to May 1994
* Developed annual sales budgets and consolidated profit & loss statements for 14 sales regions, which also entailed financial modeling and variance analysis.
* Computed weekly payroll for 5 national sales managers, as well as commissions vs. draw for over 100 salespeople.
* Processed expense reports and monthly settlement statements for the national sales managers.
* Resolved 28 disputed accounts payable totaling $21,000, coordinating remittance to restore and enhance company's relationship with a major vendor.
M.Ed. in Math Education
January 2007 to January 2008
January 2005 to January 2006
January 1988 to January 2006
M.B.A. in Finance
B.S.B.A. in Marketing
January 1978 to January 1982
Teacher of the Month
* This was my very first month teaching at Central High School.
* "In appreciation for [my] contributions to a successful year [2009-2010]."
CT - Initial
July 2011 to June 2014
NY - Initial
September 2010 to August 2015
National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
September 2008 to Present
* Member, Sigma Alpha Pi - The National Society of Leadership and Success.
* Member, Beta Gamma Sigma - The National Honor Society of the Financial Management Association.
* Dean’s List.
* Civic Activities: City of Stamford, CT
- Tax Assessment Appeals Board - Chairman […] Member […]
- Election Day Moderator - Chief polling place official […]
* Eagle Scout.
"I'm good at what I do and have been told by several of my teacher colleagues that I teach math at a 'high level.' I strive to bring that excellence to the classroom every day and encourage my students to not only be successful in math, but in life as well."