8 years of Case Manager, Residential Counselor Housing Specialist experience, who effectively manages client caseloads from 27-40, performs advocacy, maintains regulatory compliance, and provides linkages to services. Completed HIPPA training for the population of HIV/Aides. Well educated in services for Substance abuse issues, Family issues and medical adherence.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Residential Counselor- Second shift
2014 to 2015
• Ensured adherence to guidelines of the house, hygiene needs and resident safety.
• Completed all required shift documentation; progress notes, daily narratives and incident reports.
• Worked collaterally to insure collaboration in reporting and communication.
• Monitored daily chores completion from all residence on a daily basis.
• Ensured medication adherences of all residence.
2012 to 2014
• Interfaced with landlord and management companies to establish working relationship.
• Created and maintained a liaison with DHS Housing Placement Unit.
• Worked in conjunction with case management to identify potential clients for housing.
• Ensured uniformity in maintaining fair housing standards in securing apartments.
• Developed and maintained a database of available housing.
• Worked towards identifying new housing opportunities for clients through ongoing networks.
• Informed case management staff of apartment readiness and problems with apartment maintenance.
• Maintained a caseload 10 or more clients receiving outside income.
• Prepared housing packages (HRA, 2010E, general population) and collaborated with case management.
2012 to 2013
Aided adult families requiring social service assistance.
• Interviewed and evaluated clients to formulate independent living plans.
• Located and utilized community resources for clients; relocated families to permanent housing.
• Documented all communications with client on a weekly basis on the Cares System.
• Coordinated services with DHS, Supervisor and Director of Freeman Houses.
COBRA Case Manager
2008 to 2011
caseload of 40-43 individuals
• Provided Intensive COBRA Case Management for clients and their families/support system and advocates aggressively for client to obtain the full range of needed services.
• Developed and monitored the effectiveness of linkages with other service providers.
• Ensured community follow-up to engage the client in all areas of medical care.
• Encouraged self-sufficiency by way of counseling.
• Case Conference with all service providers in accordance to client service plan, Assessments, intakes, reassessments service plan and referrals
• Monitored and updated HIV medical records and related medical needs to ensure medical outcome.
2006 to 2008
-assisted 15 Social Workers
• Assisted clients in service delivery through advocacy and mediation.
• Provided referrals for client to assist in accessing services.
• Provided safety and crisis intervention for families provide, emotional support.
• Gathered information for case workers for court and records.
• Traveled through the South Bronx district
Bachelor's in Professional Studies
• Utilize specialized computer programs (Connection, Promis, Cares).
• Performing comprehensive clerical/administrative duties.
• Analyzing cases and making determinations to fit the client's needs.
• Assisting clients in their search for housing/act as a liaison.