• OSHA Authorized Construction Trainer 10 / 30 hour classes
• 35 years Industrial Construction Experience
• Blood-borne Pathogen; First Aid; CPR; AED Certified
• 40 hr HAZWOPER Certified
• TVAN 24 hour Rigging Training
• Certified NAUI SCUBA Diver Search and Rescue Team
• U.S. ARMY Combat Medical/First Aid/Bio-Hazards
• DOT Certified Welder
• Gateway Services Substance Abuse Awareness and Intervention
• Last nuclear unescorted access November15, 2010
Boilermaker/Common Arc Tube Welder
2003 to Present
• Various contractors at multiple locations, Eastern United States
• Safely performed welding and rigging activities at numerous coal fired/nuclear power plants and paper mills.
2010 to 2010
• Surry NGS Steam Generator Feed Ring Replacement Project, Surry, Virginia
• Performed supplied air respirator fit testing for welding crew; maintained documentation for hot work and permit-required confined spaces; ensured employees had appropriate PPE and were using it correctly; assisted Radiation Physics personnel and craft foremen in maintaining a hazard free work environment with concentrated focus regarding ALARA, FME and housekeeping concerns at Alpha, Bravo and Charlie steam generators.
2010 to 2010
• Alabama Power Gaston Steam Plant Boiler Rebuild, Wilsonville, Alabama
• Performed new hire orientation for multiple craft workforce; conducted air monitoring and inspection of permit-required confined spaces; ensured employees had appropriate PPE and were using it correctly; assisted Alabama Power coordinators and craft foremen in creating a hazard free work environment; maintained all relevant documentation.
AEP John Amos Precipitator Outage, Winfield, West Virginia
2008 to 2008
• Monitored work areas for compliance with safety policies and corrected problems as they occurred; ensured all required permits and safety equipment was obtained prior to start of work and used properly; attended JSA meetings and audited JSA's for accuracy; performed air monitoring of confined spaces; coordinated activities with other members of safety team.
2000 to 2003
• Mobile Welding Service, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina
• Contracted welding for highway construction projects and heavy equipment repair; developed site-specific company safety plans; provided training for employees; monitored them for compliance with company rules and adherence to DOT policies and procedures; inspected sites for unsafe conditions and corrected them as needed; maintained required OSHA documentation.
Welding Department Manager
1997 to 1999
• Constructed equipment for military/local industry, Richmond, Virginia
• Fabricated products to federal government specifications from supplied blue prints; served as liaison with government inspectors; monitored safe work practices for welding department; coordinated work efforts with other departments; held weekly safety meetings and pre-job briefings.
1996 to 1996
• Boise Cascade Paper Machine, Jackson, Alabama
• Conducted daily and weekly safety awareness meetings; supervised crew of twenty carpenters and helpers in the construction, placement and removal of forming systems; coordinated work with other crafts for safety and efficiency; participated in meetings with senior staff; maintained required documentation
1995 to 1995
• Wastewater Treatment Facility, Paxton, Florida
• Construction of wastewater treatment plant and spray field on 88 acre site for the City of Paxton, Florida; provided site-specific safety training for employees; coordinated efforts of sub-contractors and own personnel to maintain productivity and minimize risk; assisted with field engineering and quality control; completed project with zero accident/zero injury record.
1990 to 1991