San Jose, CA
UI / Interaction Designer
November 2009 to February 2012
• Worked on illustrations, web design and mobile platform applications.
• Worked on UI/UX design including information architecture, prototyping and usability testing..
• Designed promotional videos.
• Designed website for various marketing campaigns.
• Translated business requirements into design specifications by working with different departments, meeting strict deadlines.
UI / Visual Designer (Contractor)
May 2008 to October 2009
• Worked on UI design, visual design and coding for both HTML as well as Flash based websites.
• Worked with the creative team to design and optimize Flash banners and animations.
• Supported marketing campaigns by creating banners, logos, flyers, Flash advertisements, business cards, brochures, etc.
Freelance Web Designer
January 2008 to February 2008
• Worked on UI design, visual design and coding for the entire corporate website.
Freelance Graphics Designer
November 2007 to January 2008
• Designed flyers, brochures for marketing campaigns.
• Package design and cover design for various company products.
MFA in Web Design & New Media
September 2007 to December 2011
MFA in animation and Flash
September 2003 to June 2007
• Professional UI/UX knowledge. Creating information architecture, user flowers, wireframe, mockup, interface visual design and usability testing.
• Solid understanding of design details with experience in color theory, typography, digital image and logo design.
• Experience in graphic design, website design, game design and mobile applications. Involved in all aspects of the design process from initial concept to final coding using HTML, CSS, and AS3.0.
• Various design techniques such as 2D flash animation, motion graphic, and 3D modeling.
• Strong experience with Adobe Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator, After Effects, InDesign and Dreamweaver.
• Strong art skills. Over 6 years of professional fine arts education helped to lay a solid foundation for being able to drawing anything I want.
• Creative, intuitive, meticulous, self-motivated, responsible, great working in teams or independently in a fast paced environment.
• User Surveys
• User Research
• Task Analysis
• Information Architecture
• Wireframe and Workflows
• Paper Prototyping
• Interactive Design
• Design Guidelines
• Usability Testing
• User Interface
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe Illustrator
• Adobe Flash
• Adobe Dreamweaver
• Adobe InDesign
• Adobe After Effects
• Microsoft Office
• Logic Pro
• ActionScript 3.0
• Digital Imaging
• Vector Illustration
• Character Design
• Freehand Sketch
• Color Theory
Resident Status - Permanent Resident