La Jolla, CA
Mobile Assessment Counselor
September 2012 to Present
Provide presentations for CalWorks recipients for availability of supportive services.
• Conduct and provide written behavioral health assessments for clinicians.
• Consistently meet and exceed programs contractual pay points.
• Provide crisis consultation services to welfare to work sites.
• Input documentation into Electronic Health Records (Anasazi).
• Assess and report to Child Protective Services as needed as a mandated reporter.
September 2012 to Present
Assist clients in successful job placement by identifying and removing personal and family barriers to employment.
• Develop county and community education and training networks.
• Assist and encourage clients in skill development to obtain employment
• Conduct weekly career groups focusing on work behavior and work-related problems.
• Network and contact community agencies and employers to assess potential work sites and resources for clients.
• Assist clients in the process of expunging their criminal record through the San Diego Clean Slate Clinic.
Employment Case Manager
May 2012 to September 2012
Provide case management to a 150 client caseload of CALWORKS participants with a focus on obtaining and retaining employment.
• Interview, counsel and coach participants in identifying and resolving employment goals, career development needs and developing employment plans to assist them in becoming self-sufficient.
• Maintain current, accurate and complete case record documentation compliant with the counties and companies established regulations, policies and procedures.
• Identify, authorize and coordinate supportive services such as childcare, transportation, mental health, substance abuse, domestic violence and family violence services and provide participants with linkage to community resources.
Drug and Alcohol Counselor
January 2011 to October 2011
Conducted one-on-one counseling with inmates providing guidance and solutions on issues such as bereavement, self esteem, anxiety and drug and alcohol rehabilitation.
• Created an effective substance abuse curriculum that was accepted and utilized in group therapy sessions with overwhelming success.
• Conducted court ordered drug and alcohol evaluations to inmates to determine the necessary course of treatment.
• Collaborated with Public Defenders, lawyers, state and county probation officers, parole officers, and state Megan's Law Unit officers to facilitate and arrange housing and rehabilitation for a case load of 410 inmates.
• Worked closely with Medical Assistance to create a standardized and timely procedure to activate inmates' medical assistance to aid them in entering rehabilitation centers.
March 2003 to January 2011
Created an electrical contracting company by implementing a successful business structure.
• Designed an effective interview process to assess, interview and hire suitable candidates to match our company's culture, values and position qualifications.
• Managed and maintained employees and company financials including taxes, payroll, billing and profit and loss to ensure accurate records were maintained and used to make company decisions.
• Developed and implemented all necessary documentations and forms necessary to reduce company liability.
Counselor/Job Developer/Educational Liaison
June 2001 to October 2002
Coordinated assessment and evaluation of targeted caseload through case history review, personal interviews, and observations for welfare to work clients into a college certificate training program.
• Provided case management and counseling in the office and at the client's residence to identify and overcome personal and professional obstacles, define goals and develop realistic action plans in order to transition into the work force.
• Rendered intensive case management services to a 40 client caseload, identified barriers for obtaining and retaining employment, while documenting and maintaining up to date case records.
• Created and facilitated weekly soft-skills, life skills and employment strategy training courses and workshops to employers and clients.
• Assessed, counseled and tutored adult population seeking educational and career advancement through successful preparation and completion of the GED exam while fostering an environment of encouragement and optimism.
Master of Science in Applied Psychology
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Associates of Arts in Psychology/Sociology
• 14 years counseling experience obtained from various Psychology and Interdisciplinary work experiences.
• Effectively balance and prioritize multiple projects, increasing efficiency while maintaining high standards.
• Accomplished decision maker and leader with superior problem solving skills and an ability to mentor individuals in achieving outstanding results.
• Skilled active listener capable of devoting full attention while simultaneously evaluating the situation and providing solutions.
• Advanced research knowledge in developing new solutions that maximize results and resolve issues.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Multicultural and Sociological understanding gained through education, employment and personal travel experiences.
• Fluency in Arabic and English
•Law Enforcement Street Gang Training- 4/2011- Monroe County Correctional Facility
•Gang Awareness and Prevention Strategies- 3/2013- Mental Health Systems, Inc.
•In House Correctional Facility Safety Training- […] Monroe County Correctional Facility
•Emergency Mental Health: Assessment and Treatment- 8/201- Cross Country Education
•Domestic Violence Essentials for Frontline Professionals- 8/2012- San Diego Domestic Violence Counsel
•Understanding the Adult client with Depression and Substance Abuse Disorder- 1/2013- Mental Health Systems, Inc.
•Law, Ethics, Boundaries and Confidentiality; Children and Families- […] Mental Health Systems, Inc.
•Cultural Competency: Awareness and Understanding- […] Mental Health Systems, Inc.
•Gender Response- 4/2012- Mental Health Systems, Inc.
•Adult and Infant CPR and First Aid Certification- […]
•Career Consultant Certificate- 7/2012- Rescare/County of San Diego