Business Intelligence Developer
October 2012 to Present
BI Developer, Tek Systems
I am a part of data warehouse team wherein I am presently working on providing end to end reporting solution to the providers. Extensively working on Business Objects 3.1/4.0, SQL Server and basic Cognos.
Current BI Project: Meaningful Use which is a government incentive program to reward eligible professionals and hospitals who invest in electronic health records. Created reports to meet the objective and the associated measures.
• Project involved learning the healthcare domain and the documentation give by EPIC.
• Gathering the requirements from the providers.
• Understand the dataflow and develop model using Business objects Universe designer.
• Created Universes, Classes and Objects for management systems.
• Use the Universe to create the reports in Info view.
• Created Business Objects reports, Queries with constant interaction with the end users. Trained end users in understanding the reports.
• Created complex reports using features like hyperlink, prompts, breaks, filters, sorts, sectioning etc.
• Worked on Web Intelligence to develop and publish thin client reports.
• Used CMC to create User id, passwords, groups, profiles.
• Report bursting by creating publications in Info view.
• Scheduled the reports on daily/weekly basis as per the requirement.
• Migrated Crystal reports to Info view and scheduled them from business objects java client.
• Worked on using the import wizard in moving reports and universes from Dev to UAT and to Production environments.
• SQL knowledge to do troubleshooting and also improve performance.
Technology Analyst, Apple
May 2012 to October 2012
I am a part of Global Business Intelligence group wherein I am working on implementation of Data warehousing projects using Teradata.
• Project involved gathering business requirements, making data flow diagrams and flow charts.
• Designing logical and physical data models.
• Good exposure to implement SQL queries as per the business requirements and the flow charts.
• Building procedures and implementing incremental data logic.
• Creation of Web Intelligence document using Business Objects.
• Involved in Functional testing.
• Coordinated with onshore, offshore and business users regarding business needs and ensured adherence to business requirements.
January 2011 to May 2012
Information Systems Master's student wherein core focus was in Data warehousing, Databases, Reporting tools. Implemented Data warehousing projects during Masters.
Datawarehouse and Report Developer
October 2008 to October 2010
I was part of entire development process, from gathering client specifications to launching one-stop solution that met BSNL’s data warehousing needs and ETL for extracting and loading data using Informatica Power Center and reporting using OBIEE 10g.
• Rolled out project in more than 150 cities in less than four months, beating timelines and earning praise, appreciation, and commitment of client.
• Coordinated with onshore and offshore teams regarding business needs and ensured adherence to business requirements.
• Focused on data modeling, identifying sources and target, datawarehousing and ETL through Informatica Powercenter
• Analyze the sources and targets for data load and provide the data flow diagrams (DFD) and source-to-target mappings (STM) for ETL transformations.
• Experience in creation of ETL Mappings and Transformations using Informatica Power Center to move data from multiple sources into target area using complex transformations like Expressions, Lookups, Source Qualifiers, Aggregators, Filters, Joiners.
• Proficient in using Informatica Workflow manager, Workflow monitor, Server manager
• Experience in data modeling using Star/Snowflake Schema Design, Relational and Dimensional Data Modeling, Fact and Dimensional tables, Physical and logical data modeling using Aqua Data Studio
• Co-ordinate the requirements with the Business analyst and provide data solutions to suit the business needs.
• Prepare data design documents to sync with the requirements.
• Work with Off shore resources. Regulate the processes and designs for the project.
• Designed and developed the OBIEE Repository (.rpd) using OBIEE Admin Tool by importing the required data base objects both Facts and Dimensions with integrity constraints into physical layer using connection pool.
• Imported Physical tables from Oracle database and defined relations between Physical tables at the Physical Layer.
• Worked on building OBIEE Repository at 3 layers i.e., Physical Layer, Business Model and mapping Layer and Presentation Layer.
• Created Business Facts, Dimensions and defined Logical relation between them at the Business model and mapping layer.
• Mapping in data sources using Oracle OBIEE Admin tool to create repository.
• Created Hierarchies, Levels, and implemented Business Logic by creating level based measures in OBIEE business model & mapping layer.
• Identified and created aggregate tables to improve query performance.
• Developed different kinds of Reports (pivots, charts, tabular) using global and local filters.
• Created Session & Repository Variables to achieve desired functionality.
• Created OBIEE Intelligent Dashboards, & Answers.
• Customized Dashboard reports using drill-down capabilities.
2007 to 2010
SAP BI Developer, Qwest Telecommunications
October 2007 to October 2008
Collaborated with business analyst to understand Qwest's business problems and provide database solutions for them, preparing data design, technical design, and specification documentations that were in sync with requirements before executing development plan.
• Honed expertise in complete life cycle implementation of SAP BIW module, including data modeling, data extraction, data loading (full/delta upload), scheduling, monitoring, report generation, production support, client validation, and user acceptance testing.
• Created and maintained Info Objects, Data Sources, Info Sources, Info Cubes, ODS objects, and Info Packages; used SAP NetWeaver 7.0 tool for data modeling; and scheduled data requests.
• Worked extensively on BEX Analyzer in building queries and saving in workbooks (Excel work sheets) and created custom queries using conditions, exceptions, and structures and RRI (Report to Report Interface).
• Extracted data extraction from SAP components and non-SAP systems using DBConnect.
• Prepared customized Info Providers (Info Cubes, DSO, InfoSet); Info Objects; and Data Source.
• Applied different delta mechanisms for SAP, as well as non-SAP systems and data staging from several source systems.
• Generated and processed queries with BEx Query Designer and prepared Web template using BEx Web Application Designer and Report Designer.
• Broadcast Web template to SAP Portal; developed SAP BI authorization concepts and data level security.
• Transported objects from development environment to quality and production environment.
• Built understanding of development and scheduling of process chains.
• Developed data models based on requirements using Embarcadero ER-Studio, providing logical and physical model and deploying Oracle 10g and 11g databases.
• Gained exposure to data marts, dimensional models, and fact tables; Kimball methodologies for data warehouse development; and using Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD) for various warehousing purposes.
• Prepared underlying data design flow designs to support applications and proposed models to data architects for business approval.
• Used Toad (Oracle) for queries, and SQL; designed data warehouses and data marts to support BI reporting requirements.
Software Engineer Intern
2005 to 2006
Gained hands-on experience on BI tools, specifically with data warehousing concepts.
Designed RDBMS data models and dimensional data warehouses; gained exposure to core Java and software technology; and worked on SQL for Oracle 10g using Aqua Data Studio.
M.S. in Information Systems
2011 to 2012
B.E. in Computer Science and Engineering
obiee,business objects, sap bw, informatica
Languages: C, C++, SQL for Oracle
Databases: Oracle 10g, Oracle 11g, Teradata 12, MySQL, MS Access
Tools: Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE 10g), Informatica Powercenter 9.0,Siebel Analytics, MS Visio, MS Office, ETL tools, SQL developer, Toad, Aqua Data Studio ER-Studio, SAP Net Weaver BW 7.0, Business Explorer 2.0
Reporting Tools: OBIEE 10g, Business Objects 4.0, Basic Tableau, BEx Query Designer, BEx Web Application Designer, BEx Analyzer and Report Designer