Human Resources professional that is knowledgeable in HR policies and procedures and general employment law. Practices leadership, communication, and human administration skills while interacting and collaborating with multiple levels of staff. Responsible and dependable with a strong work ethic focused on accomplishing tasks. Maintains confidential and accurate records using various Human Resources systems. Able to work effectively as a member of a team or independently.
August 2012 to Present
• Full cycle recruiting for both IT and Engineering professionals
• Conduct candidate interview s to determine their technical skills, salary and benefit requirements.
• Thorough sourcing of candidates using various job boards such as Monster, Dice and social networking sites
• Submit resumes and bids of qualified candidates on open orders through MSP tools
• Administration of new hire paperwork
• Extend and negotiate offers of employment
• Schedule interviews with clients
• Provide candidates with information about company benefits, policies and the employee process.
• Perform reference checking on all viable candidates
• Proactively develop a diverse candidate pipeline
• Ensure full compliance with all aspects of the staffing process, including the utilization of the applicant tracking system.
• Partnering with MSP (MSX and Kelly Services) at Ford Motor Company, Ally Bank and General Motors
Human Resources Associate
January 2011 to May 2012
• On-boarded all new employees and interpreted mandatory pre-employment forms and documents.
• Completed background checks
• Identified qualified candidates utilizing sources such as LinkedIn, CareerBuilder, branch referrals, etc.
• Managed the selection of the vendor used for background screening and employment verification of new hires
• Coordinated travel arrangements for external candidates and organized interviews for internal and external candidates
• Prepared documentation for orientation and coordinated training sessions
• Administered candidate evaluation testing
• Posted internal and external job postings
• Designed and maintained employee personnel files increasing the hiring of potential candidates from 6 weeks to 2 week
• Created and maintained employee files, job requisition records, and online I-9 documentation resulting in 95% accuracy when inputting information into Oracle
• Tracked and reported recruitment activity data to support staffing metrics increasing the accuracy of open requisitions by 95%
• Responsible for maintenance of department budget database (tracking /forecasting expenses)
• Facilitated one on one review of new hire paperwork to new employees
• Responded to daily inquiries regarding Employee Benefits, Company Policies, and Payroll processes
• Extracted data from tracking system and employment search web sites to select candidates for positions
• Corresponded with consumers by utilizing a tracking system
• Supported HR Generalist and Hiring Managers by managing recruitment details and candidates
• Conducted and Summarized Exit Interviews
• Partnered with management to make decisions concerning employee relations issues, such as counseling, employee complaints and internal investigations.
• Maintained employee records while managing confidential and sensitive information with professionalism
• Adhered to EEOC, ADA and Affirmative Action guidelines while supporting recruitment and internal promotion efforts
Sr. Billing Specialist
April 2006 to January 2011
• Invoiced customers through e-payables and process billing adjustments
• Processed electronic invoicing and resolved billing discrepancies through internal and external departments to resolve receivables and billing issues resulting in a decrease of days outstanding by 98%.
• Independently work with branches and customers to ensure timely reconciliation of delinquent accounts
• Reviewed existing processes for potential process improvements and recommend changes to management
• Used discretion, implement changes to existing accounts by analyzing revised customer requirements with branch personnel
• Appropriately manage the customer and supplier relationship by building a professional rapport, following up consistently, and by maintaining ongoing contact and communication.
• Use of e-Procurement tools, Report building and analyzing
• Create and implement account specific macros and customer validation tables.
• Work directly with Kelly branches in assisting the customer and with KSN out of compliance issues, timecard corrections & CAD’s
Masters in Science Administration in Human Resources
January 2009 to January 2011
Bachelors of Applied Arts in Entrepreneurship
Employment Laws On-boarding and Orientation Data Management Applicant Tacking System OFCCP Regulations Relationship Management Training Scheduling Sourcing I-9 Compliance Requisition Management Recruiting Immigration B2B Buyer Fieldglass Salary Negotiations
e-Procurement tools (i.e. SAP; Fieldglass; PeopleSoft), MS Office: Microsoft Word, Access, Excel (pivot tables & sorting), PowerPoint, Outlook, Oracle and Bullhorn