Over 10 years of experience in IT support delivering results in supporting a Windows Infrastructure, Desktop, Help Desk, SharePoint and a wide variety of customer products to enhance productivity and streamline operations. Combines applications and systems development skills with strong performance in the integration and development of emerging technology. Strong technical presence and problem solving skills. Practical hands-on experience with troubleshooting. Understanding of project management processes to meet budget and schedule goals for high value projects.
Willing to relocate to: Jacksonville, FL - Miami, FL - Tampa, FL
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Network Administrator/SharePoint Engineer
November 2011 to Present
• Maintains the daily availability, functionality and performance of the network-computing environment and support of the LAN and WAN network. Includes planning, monitoring, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all network hardware and appliances, software, and communication links.
• Installs, Configures and Administers SharePoint using the user interface, the command line, and Windows Power Shell. Includes managing content in Lists and Libraries, implementing and maintaining search services, establishing end user access policy and permissions and delegating permissions authority to applicable users, configuring SharePoint services and applications, monitoring and optimizing SharePoint performance, migrating SharePoint Farms to 2010 and 2013.
• Installs and configures network servers and supports all organizational (PC users Internal, Remote). Includes maintaining and supporting computer hardware (including PCs, Laptops, printers, supports Network Infrastructure, copier and fax machines) and computer software (including Windows XP, 7, Active Directory, SQL Server, IIS, Symantec Backup Exec, Microsoft Office and anything else technology related.
IT Engineer/Web Developer
March 2005 to October 2011
• Effectively performed daily backup operations, ensuring all required file and data systems were successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery, tapes or disks.
• Managed Active Directory user and domain accounts and all of its respective permissions.
• Maintained the organization’s network of computers, printers and other peripherals.
• Installed, repaired and managed desktop PC’s including software installation and upgrades.
• Provided constant technical support for the agents and sales staff via phone and email.
• Researched new IT developments and apply such developments if found to match the organization’s needs.
• Explored new ways to boost site ratings on various search engines (SEO) such as Google and Yahoo, and apply the necessary changes to the company’s website in order to increase corporate visibility. As a result the company domain name moved to the top ten search positions.
• Assisted in defining web-related project plans requiring software development and hardware installations.
• Analyzed, diagnosed, and resolved errors related to Web applications.
• Involved in sensitive sites and technical issues raised initially by the team.
September 2004 to March 2005
• Co-developed and maintained shopping cart, session control, CMS (Content Management System), XML document interchange via HTTPS network connections, technical documentation, data dictionary and user’s guide generation utilizing various development tools including PHP, MySQL, XML, HTML.
• Tested and maintained web applications to enhance and optimize performance and functionality.
• Created project development plans & strategies within project team.
• Identified technology and applications that can be used as bases for additional solutions.
• Coordinated, directed, and integrated the company’s e-commerce Web sites, services, and applications for the purpose of smooth business-to-business and business-to-customer transactions.
Web Designer/Sales Assistant
March 2001 to February 2005
• Developed and maintained new pages, edited content, images, visual design and interactive forms.
• Helped with development and maintenance (including content creation) of a number of blogs.
• Processed Internet sales and ensured their delivery.
• Created and maintained MS Access database in order to keep track of inventory and customer records.
• Provided excellent customer service.
Associate in Computer Science
January 2000 to January 2003
BS in Chemistry with minor in Computer Science
1990 to 1995
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist
(MCTS) Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: Windows 7 and Office 2010, Deployment
(MCP) Microsoft Certified Professional: Windows 7
MS Exams Completed: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
Installed, configured and validated SharePoint 2010 and 2013 for upgrade and migration from SP-2007 and SP-2010 SharePoint sites.
Worked extensively with SharePoint Central Administration portion to manage errors, logging, web applications, site collections and optimizations, email and services configuration.
Designed and implemented various SharePoint Web Parts, Web Part Pages, Workflows, Forms, Content Types and various custom Document Libraries and Lists.
Deployed new equipment and installed applications, which enable the customer to perform their job function on updated equipment which leads to higher work output.
Provided desk side and phone support which resulted in high computer uptime and high customer productivity.
Performed daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
Created new users in AD/Exchange and managed their access to shared resources.
Performed daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, and reviewing system and application logs.
Responsible for applying security updates and patches on servers, desktops, and laptops.
Obtained MCTS certification via self-study for better-supporting desktop and server environment.
Responsible for enrollment into MS Partner Network competency including MS technical assessments and customer references.
Designed and maintained websites: http://www.aeispeakers.com/, http://www.macena.com/, http://www.pcbostonjewelry.com/