Experienced Marketing Manager with expertise in Consumer Packaging Goods industry with strengths in packaging design, display opportunities, project management, product innovation and development.
New Products Marketing Manager
2014 to Present
Design and implement annual new product marketing plans across retail, foodservice and convenience business units leading to achievement of key new products sales and financial targets.
* Design / implement annual new products marketing plan, including quarterly planning calendar for each new product initiative
* Manage new product development process timelines / checklist based on established market introduction plans
* Implement sales performance projections and measurement system for each business unit new product launch as directed by Director of Sales and Marketing
* Develop and implement, in conjunction with sales managers, new product go-to-market strategies and plans that align strategic new product initiatives with key customer requirements
* Manage external resources including marketing agency and IRI to complete assigned tasks/projects as required
* Provide market intelligence on competitive and customer activity across key categories and all business units
Senior Marketing Project Manager
2012 to 2014
Oversee New Business Development process/forms/systems. Serve as a Project Manager to manager new product development from ideation through launch and post-launch evaluation.
• Work closely with Sales/Marketing Staff to channel & obtain feedback on product features, packaging, pricing, promotion, customer service, trade shows, etc.
• Product Innovation and packaging
• Coordinate and conduct market research to support existing and new product lines, in conjunction with the Marketing & Business Development Manager, Sales and R&D teams.
• Conduct market research in order to identify market requirements for current and future products, customer trends, category overviews, category drivers, market share etc. to enhance equity and marketplace performance using IRI/Nielsen/Mintel/Westport
• Develop project and task budgets and timelines. Manage the execution of those for assigned projects to ensure the efficient and effective use of the marketing budget. Work independently to deliver projects on-time and on budget in line with the organizations overall strategic direction.
• Trade Advertisements - Primary contact with outside agencies to coordinate all aspects of project development and ad placement. Including but not limited to: budget, creative theme, timelines, liaison for production
• Establishes partnerships with key contacts across the organization (Commercial, Operations, Finance, Quality, Supply Chain, R&D)
• Develop project timelines and manage deliverables against marketing calendar.
• Attend Domestic and International Trade Shows
2010 to 2012
Design and implement Club store packaging. Develop new graphic designs for private label business as well as branded. Monitor projects from trials to market launch. Created theme based packaging for Back to School and Football promotions. Develop marketing material including sell sheets, signage and presentations. Maintain and manage project lists. Dual label designs for Mexico and Canada retailers.
• Designed and implemented secondary display units which contributed $11.3 million to incremental growth.
• Designed innovative packaging to replace plastic jars. Packaging concept will save approximately $6M in materials in the first year. Reduce the amount of waste going into the landfill by 85%.
• Conducted Focus groups to provide insights for packaging and product development.
• Partner with Sales Team and Retailer to develop a promotional calendar.
• Partner with vendors to design fresh and innovative display opportunities for our retailers.
Category Analyst, New World Pasta
2007 to 2010
Provided analysis with key observations regarding Category growth.
Provided timely response for report generation, or requests from headquarter managers.
• Pro-actively worked within Nielsen to drive informational synergies between various data bases (tools) purchased i.e.: Nitro, Custom Channel & Consumer Facts, Assortment Tool and Spectra. Delivered quarterly business reviews to identify key opportunities.
Category Analyst, Hershey Foods, Hershey, PA
Maintained convenience store business growth presentation which provided insights and growth opportunities.
• Analyzed Hershey's distribution opportunities in all channels. Presented cannibalization studies in convenience store markets and provided new item trend analysis for all Channels.
Category Analyst, Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverage Co., Ryebrook, NY
Presented in-depth analysis for Mixers, Sauce and Juice Brands for Cadbury Schweppes. Delivered monthly business reviews for all brands.
• Reported results for new product launch on Mojito line. Provided growth opportunities for Margaritaville Brand. Provided flavor trends and insights to marketing team for Martini line.
• Recommend strategic flavor changes based on trends and competition.
• Presented Category Review for Mixer/Ingredient segment
Sales Information Specialist
2006 to 2007
Coordinated and supported all systems/applications utilized by DAP, Dental Professional Sales Team, Business Development, Finance and Marketing. Responsible for Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and daily reporting specific to Customer Data ( acquisition and segmentation) and Sales Activity (orders and interaction).
• Ensured that all related systems are operational and are meeting the needs of the users, providing support and direction in order to maximize efficiency and effectiveness and seeking opportunities for further training and documentation.
• Analyzed various reports in order to assess pertinent and accurate information. Developed Dental Professional intranet site and maintain content for key functional sales areas and shared network files. Developed training manual for Sales team.
Sales Analyst Eastern Division
1997 to 2006
Post Promotional Analysis. Provided IRI analysis on key trends observations and action steps for key EBU. Analyzed new product launches and provided recommendation for increased distribution opportunities either by flavor recommendation or increase facings. Analyzed business objects, IRI and Sales Trak reports and provided selling opportunities to sales team.
Finance Analyst Consultant
Responsible for month end closings and submitting budgets for parent company.
Supply Chain Forecaster
Assisted with SAP integration and parallel forecasting for base and promotional volume.
Senior Vendor Managed Inventory Analyst, Ft. Worth, TX
Managed four Customer Service Associates. Managed inventories for six western division customers and top 20% volume customers. Presented VMI program to new customers and set them up. Performed system upgrades and testing. Provided weekly forecast for promotional and non-promotional activity.
Vendor Managed Inventory Analyst, West Jordan, UT
Managed inventories for six western division customers and the top 20% volume customers. Provided weekly forecast for promotional and non-promotional activity.
• Maintained a less than 2% unsalable rate and a customer service level of >98%.
• Presented VMI program to new customers with focus on customers that displayed a high unsalable rate.
- King Soopers unsalable rate was 19% within 12 months they were at 6% with focusing of JIT, cycle counts and working closely with warehouse to push FIFO.
- Schnucks unsalable rate was 10% and was reduced to 2% with proper turns and JIT deliveries.
Associates in Management and Marketing
IRI Analyzer, IRI PowerPoint Plus, Nielsen Nitro, Homescan, Spectra, SAP, BW, CRM, R3/APO, Manugistics, Windows 98, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, ESS, Business Objects, and Vista