Experienced Marketing Manager with expertise in packaging and product development. Extensive background in the Consumer Packaging Goods industry with strengths in packaging design, display opportunities, project management and product development with a focus on sustainability.
2010 to Present
Design and implement Club store packaging. Develop new graphic designs for private label business as well as branded. Monitor projects from trials to market launch. Created theme based packaging for Back to School and Football promotions. Develop marketing material including sell sheets, signage and presentations. Maintain and manage project lists. Dual label designs for Mexico and Canada retailers.
• Designed and implemented secondary display units which contributed $11.3 million to incremental growth.
• Designed innovative packaging to replace plastic jars. Packaging concept will save approximately $6M in materials in the first year. Reduce the amount of waste going into the landfill by 85%.
• Conducted Focus groups to provide insights for packaging and product development.
• Partner with Sales Team and Retailer to develop a promotional calendar.
• Partner with vendors to design fresh and innovative display opportunities for our retailers.
Category Analyst, New World Pasta
2007 to 2010
Provided analysis with key observations regarding NWP brands, our competitors and or the category. Pro-actively worked with managers within marketing and sales to identify short and long term business priorities.
• Provided timely response (turn-around time) for report generation, or requests from headquarter managers.
• Pro-actively worked within Nielsen to drive informational synergies between various data bases (tools) purchased i.e.: Nitro, Custom Channel & Consumer Facts, Assortment Tool and Spectra. Delivered quarterly business reviews to identify key opportunities.
Category Analyst, Hershey Foods, Hershey, PA
Maintained convenience store business growth presentation which provided insights and growth opportunities.
• Analyzed Hershey's distribution opportunities in all channels. Presented cannibalization studies in convenience store markets and provided new item trend analysis for all Channels.
Category Analyst, Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverage Co., Ryebrook, NY
Presented in-depth analysis for Mixers, Sauce and Juice Brands for Cadbury Schweppes. Delivered monthly business reviews for all brands. Presented Business Review for the Mixer/Ingredients segment.
• Reported results for New product launch on Mojito line. Provided growth opportunities for Margaritaville Brand. Provided flavor trends and insights to marketing team for Martini line.
• Recommend strategic flavor changes based on trends and competition.
Sales Information Specialist
2006 to 2007
Coordinated and supported all systems/applications utilized by DAP, Dental Professional Sales Team, Business Development, Finance and Marketing. Responsible for Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and daily reporting specific to Customer Data ( acquisition and segmentation) and Sales Activity (orders and interaction).
• Ensured that all related systems are operational and are meeting the needs of the users, providing support and direction in order to maximize efficiency and effectiveness and seeking opportunities for further training and documentation.
• Analyzed various reports in order to assess pertinent and accurate information. Developed Dental Professional intranet site and maintain content for key functional sales areas and shared network files. Developed training manual for Sales team.
Sales Analyst Eastern Division
1997 to 2006
Post Promotional Analysis. Provided key learning's on promotion that provided a greater return and provided price point based on trends. IRI analysis, provided key trends observations and action steps for key EBU. Analyzed new product launches and provided recommendation for increased distribution opportunities either by flavor recommendation or increase facings. Analyzed business objects, IRI and Sales Trak reports and provided selling opportunities to sales team.
Finance Analyst Consultant
Responsible for month end closings and submitting budgets for parent company.
Supply Chain Forecaster
Assisted with SAP integration and parallel forecasting for base and promotional volume.
Senior Vendor Managed Inventory Analyst, Ft. Worth, TX
Managed four Customer Service Associates. Managed inventories for six western division customers and top 20% volume customers. Presented VMI program to new customers and set them up. Performed system upgrades and testing. Provided weekly forecast for promotional and non-promotional activity.
Vendor Managed Inventory Analyst, West Jordan, UT
Managed inventories for six western division customers and the top 20% volume customers. Provided weekly forecast for promotional and non-promotional activity.
• Maintained a less than 2% unsalable rate and a customer service level of >98%.
• Presented VMI program to new customers with focus on customers that displayed a high unsalable rate.
- King Soopers unsalable rate was 19% within 12 months they were at 6% with focusing of JIT, cycle counts and working closely with warehouse to push FIFO.
- Schnucks unsalable rate was 10% and was reduced to 2% with proper turns and JIT deliveries.
Associates in Management and Marketing
IRI Analyzer, IRI PowerPoint Plus, Nielsen Nitro, Homescan, Spectra, SAP, BW, CRM, R3/APO, Manugistics, Windows 98, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, ESS, Business Objects, and Vista