• Available to work full time, shift work, and travel 25% of the time
• Active DOD Secret Security Clearance; Top Secret pending ajudication
• Proven team player with excellent oral/written communication skills
• Good with troubleshooting, analytical/logical thinking, and providing excellent customer support and Remedy ticket system
• 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, and 7 and Microsoft Office
• 2+ years experience with Linux/Solaris operating systems, command lines
• 3+ years experience with LAN/WAN/Security in Juniper / Cisco networks in a NIPR/SIPR DOD environment
• 3+ years experience with networking/routing protocols (TCP/IP, Ethernet, etc.)
• <2 years experience with Analysis Applications (tcpdump, Ethereal/Wireshark, VMWare, etc.)
• <2 years experience with monitoring applications (snort, Argus, syslog, etc.)
• <2 years experience with scripting languages (i.e. Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
• Experience with PLC programming
• Experience with Kiv and Taclane crypto devices
• Studying for CompTia Advanced Security Practitioner(CASP)
• Fluent in Spanish
Intrusion Detection Analyst
September 2013 to Present
• member of CNDSP for USTRANSCOM / DOD.
• Review application logs looking for malicious activity, reporting such in accordance with appropriate policies and procedures.
• Maintain situational awareness of current vulnerabilities and exploits.
• Find opportunities to enhance existing skills and learn new skills for the benefit of IDA and its mission.
• Analyze raw network traffic, system and applications logs, output of monitoring applications and analysis applications.
GSM-O Communications Specialist Associate
February 2013 to September 2013
• Responsible for resolving Tier 1 service problems, performing maintenance, and installing, configuring, and testing data communications equipment and services.
• Troubleshoots network hardware using test instruments and monitoring and diagnostic programs.
• Prepares communications equipment for installation by testing, calibrating, or modifying equipment as required.
• Maintains data network equipment and services to ensure working order and demand availability by performing scheduled, routine on-line test and by checking, adjusting, or replacing equipment to established standards.
• Installs and tests various communications equipment and service to specified configurations and ensures proper working order for new or updated network service.
LAN/WAN IP, BGP, STATIC ROUTING, CISCO / JUNIPER CONFIGURATIONS, CRYPTO
LAN/WAN Technologist II
April 2011 to February 2013
Technical specialist responsible for monitoring, operating and managing, troubleshooting and restoring service to the DISN and DRSN networks(NIPRNet, SIPRNet, DISNCore).
• Perform Wide Area Network (WAN) monitoring using INMS to identify those components/elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure.
• Interact with functional users, commercial vendors as well as remote operations centers in both routine and reactive monitoring situations.
• Maintain logs and records utilizing the REMEDY Trouble Tracking System to document reported problems or network events. Execute all reporting functions and data input associated with network management.
• Monitor security posture of network(s); report suspected violations to designated authority.
• Coordinate with network engineers and implementation officials to ensure optimum dissemination of information and network efficiency.
• Perform operator level I maintenance on all components/assets associated with network management systems.
HOS Associate Operations Lead
November 2008 to April 2010
Honeywell Operation System)
• Performed equipment set-ups, improving quality and productivity by using HOS tools.
• Maintained all back-up tooling; for assigned areas, this included most commonly used mechanical parts and tools.
• Performed and trained others on preventative maintenance and maintained assigned areas at the highest level of standards.
• Assisted the department safety representative with all matters pertaining to safety by ensuring 100% compliance.
• Worked closely with shift leaders to ensure smooth workflow and personnel allocation, coordinated/developed work schedules to ensure production demands were met.
• Used superior communication skills to conduct daily tier 1 & 2 standup meetings.
• Developed and implemented a cross-training program between shifts.
• Developed reports on production, quality, OA, operator performance and OEE.
• Conducted audits, control action registers, and led continuous improvement teams.
• Promoted positive employee relations and worked closely with leads regarding personnel matters.
• Analyzed workflow's, developed corrective courses of action, and implemented countermeasure tracking as needed.
Electrical / Mechanical Technician
December 2003 to November 2008
Monitored, identified, isolated and restored electrical, mechanical and automation equipment using skills developed through years of experience to troubleshoot, repair and/or replace electrical /machine components as needed.
• Partnered with Manufacturing Leadership to identify, develop and implement preventative and repair maintenance goals to ensure maximum availability of resources.
• Worked closely with engineering to provide strategic feedback and implement continuous improvement objectives to improve production.
• Performed computer based programming support for automated equipment. I dismantled adjusted, repaired and assembled equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, rough sketches and drawings.
• Used test and diagnostic equipment to perform quality checkouts and make any repairs identified in the process.
• Rebuilt manufacturing equipment as required and performed equipment modifications as directed by manufacturing engineers.
December 2000 to February 2003
Responsible for the monitoring, identification, isolation, and restoration of electrical and mechanical equipment using multi-meters and other digital test equipment.
• Responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining robotics and fiber optics.
• Performed preventative maintenance on required equipment including alignments and setups.
• Attended electronics technical training for required equipment used in the wet etching process of silicon wafers used in the manufacture of memory based products for different platforms.
Aviation Electrician's Mate
October 1989 to December 2000
• Responsible for testing, installing, and maintaining a wide range of electrical and navigational equipment in aircraft including power generators, distribution systems, lighting systems, flight instrument and fuel systems, temperature and pressure indicating systems.
• Used computer programs to monitor, troubleshoot, and restore state-of-the-art aircraft systems.
• Required to Interpret electrical system diagrams and investigate system faults during troubleshooting.
• Developed courses of action and implemented solutions to restore systems operations using a variety of electrical measuring equipment.
Bachelors of Science in Information Technology
CompTIA Security +, CompTIA Network +, JNCIA-Junos, Certified Ethical Hacker