Certified IBM Executive Project Manager
Certified Project Management Institute Professional (PMP)
Certified Project Management Board Member
A motivated individual with hands on experience using proven methodologies to manage total project life cycle processes for complex project development of project schedules, communication plans, resource management, project risk and change management, financial management, and status reporting. Other projects included but not limited to data center migration logistics, data center design builds, networking and subcontractor management. Customer accounts included commercial banking, insurance companies, city government, communication provider and IBM real estate and construction division.
Executive Project Manager
February 1985 to Present
IBM Experience and Accomplishments
• Managed the Project Management Office (PMO) on deployment of IBM virtual Technical Leadership Exchange (TLE) conference content for Smarter Planets, Broadband, Smart Grid, Healthcare, Business Acumen and leadership.
• IBM project management certification board staff member conducting interviews, evaluations, recommendations and leading group consensus/approval meetings for potential certified project manager.
• Managed and approved abstract submissions for TLE conference (face to face) speakers and provided content management for over 3,600 abstracts and approximately 100 abstract/presentation Subject Matter Expert (SME) reviewers across all internal professions such as consultants, ITA’s, ITS’s and PM’s. Maintain an effective working relationship with all organizations as process owner, performing assessment, finalizing selections and managed schedule of approximately 325 elective sessions. Also managed and scheduled activities’ for the TLE, Consultant Leadership Exchange (CLE) and Project Management Leadership Exchange (PMLE) conferences in Anaheim, CA; Madrid, Spain; Paris, France; Palisades, NY; Orlando, FL and New Orleans, LA.
• Executed and documented key conference milestones. Managed over 350 breakout/elective sessions for approximate 7,500 attendees in multiple locations. Coordinated breakout sessions with IBM’s logistics manager for sizing special requirements. Managed and track weekly team updates and conducted daily checkpoint status calls for session owners. Developed weekly TLE process flow chart for required steps for event sessions and managed room monitors, attendance and surveys for numerous sessions during the conference.
Prior Experience and Accomplishments
• IBM FSD/NSD – Project Management
• Bechtel Power Corporation – Cost and Schedule Engineer for Nuclear Power Plant construction
• Barton Aschman Associates – Traffic Engineer Technician
• Federal Highway Administration – Civil Engineer Technician
Education and Background
• IBM Certified Executive Project Manager Professional
• IBM Project Management Board Member
• Project Management Institute, Project Management Professional
• University of the District of Columbia, Washington, D.C. Bachelor of Science, Degree in Construction Management
• Washington Technical Institute, Washington, D.C. Associates Degree in Architectural Engineering
Areas of Expertise
• Project Management
Bachelor of Science in Construction Management
Associates in Architectural Engi neering