Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
Certified Project Management Institute Professional (PMP)
Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
Certified IBM Executive Project Manager
Certified IBM Project Management Board Member
A successful and accomplished project manager with experience in using proven agile and waterfall methodologies throughout the project life cycle of project initiation, planning, execution and closure. An established leader for overall project controls consisting of project schedules, communication plans, resource management, project risk and change management plans, financial management plans and status reporting. Projects managed ranged from IT data center migrations/consolidations, data center design builds, Point of Sells (POS) rollouts and cloud managed services. Market sectors ranged from financial institutions, city governments, communication providers, internal IBM real estate/construction division, IBM learning/development and IBM Cloud.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Executive Project Manager
February 1985 to Present
IBM Experience and Accomplishments
• Cloud Managed Service Delivery (CMSD) project manager, monitoring agile methodology of code releases from development, testing, staging and deployment through E2E testing. Managed the Legacy Cloud Storage required processes for server builds, code upgrades for storage devices and switches. Conducted and participated in team development and execution meetings for pre and post upgrade install activities. Acquired the appropriate AIX/Unix, Linux and Windows OS support team resources for pre and post upgrade activities for assigned storage upgrades. Created change tickets for required upgrades and managed the approval process for SME and Change Review Board (CRB) approvals. Monitored pre and post OS validations as required and managed the build plan and back out plan of each upgrade. Provide training for new PM’s within the department on IBM internal tools, processes and overall department functions.
• As a key IBM Project Management Certification Board staff member, I conducted reviews and approvals of initial and level move packages of Senior (Expert)/Executive (Thought Leader) candidates. Validated their qualification of education, HR management, financial management, scope management, risk management, communication management, change management and methodologies used. Upon my approval, candidates were scheduled for their face to face interview with the Certification Board members. At the completion of the interview cycle, I would conduct the overall consensus meeting for candidate’s final certification approval.
• Managed the Project Management Office (PMO) for Qwest Cyber Center builds and performed as the onsite project manager for the Dallas data center build. Responsible for managing all of the Qwest Cyber Center builds, including (7) sites: Sterling II, Dallas, Philadelphia, Yonkers, Boston, Chatsworth and San Jose. The PMO provided a methodology and consistency of maintaining project schedules, change management, risk management, weekly status reports, monthly status meetings, invoicing, deliverables, and project closeout documentation.
• Managed the PMO on deployment of IBM virtual Technical Leadership Exchange (TLE) conference content for Smarter Planets, Broadband, Smart Grid, Healthcare, Business Acumen and leadership.
• Developed, managed and executed TLE elective session schedule, key milestones, change management and event communication. Lead the selection committee for topics, speakers and approvals. Orchestrated the content management for over 3,600 abstracts and approximately 100 abstract/presentation Subject Matter Expert (SME) reviewers across all internal professions including Consultants, ITA’s, ITS’s and PM’s. Maintain an effective working relationship with all organizations as process owner, performing assessment, finalizing selections and managed schedule of approximately 325 elective sessions. Also managed and scheduled activities’ for the TLE, Consultant Leadership Exchange (CLE) and Project Management Leadership Exchange (PMLE) conferences in Anaheim, CA; Madrid, Spain; Paris, France; Palisades, NY; Orlando, FL and New Orleans, LA.
• Managed the IBM Transition Team in migrating the District of Columbia, Department of Employment Services (DOES) I/S Operations from Washington, DC to the IBM Remote Processing Center in Lexington, KY. This project was managed using a proven methodology by applying a staged delivery approach for application readiness. The key project elements managed were project planning and controls, risk and problem management, change control management, quality assurance and subcontract management. Microsoft Project was used to develop and maintain the overall project plan. Custom templates were developed for Lotus Notes Database to establish and maintain effective communication with the Raleigh, Lexington and Washington DC team regarding IBM applications and all OEM software releases.
• Developed and project managed the migration methodology study for the UMB Bank, Kansas City, MO incorporating and coordinating construction milestones for migrating the existing data center. Developed and managed the project migration schedule consisting of approximately 2,200 activities, including key milestones. The migration study consisted of the IBM’s approach in migrating the existing network, mainframe, front-end processors, DASD, server farms, check sorters and printers.
• Performed project management for The Associates (Citi) migration of 50,000 SF data center from South Bend, IN to Westlake, TX. Developed/managed with customer team, the data center migration project plan for MVS equipment, disaster recovery, communication and client servers. Up¬dated and maintained migration project plan for weekly meetings. Managed the physical deinstall, relocation and reinstallation of IBM/OEM data center equipment.
• Managed 10,000 SF data center migration for Whitney National Bank, New Orleans, LA. Providing 5 work related phases from data center conceptual design reviews, data center migration study, detailed migration plan using Microsoft Project for relocation implementation.
Prior Experience and Accomplishments
• IBM FSD/NSD – Construction Management
• Bechtel Power Corporation – Cost and Schedule Engineer
• Barton Aschman Associates – Traffic Engineer Technician
• Federal Highway Administration – Civil Engineer Technician
Bachelor of Science in Construction Management
Associates in Architectural Engi neering
PMI Project Management Professional (PMP)
June 1999 to June 2019
Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
June 2014 to June 2018