Energetic and highly motivated professional with diversified experience in operational and financial management, strategic planning, business development, and implementation of best practices processes and procedures. Effective communicator with strong negotiating skills developed through a wide range of domestic and international assignments. Tested managerial skills tempered with entrepreneurial and pragmatic drive for excellence. Determined to make a difference with a “can do” attitude.
Founder & CFO
April 2009 to Present
Privately-held advisory services company that provides actionable financial, commercial, and strategic recommendations to growing, turn-around and international companies.
Founder - CFO
• As interim CFO completed a business system restructuring and implemented best practice financial controls for a mid size machine tool and engineering firm.
• As interim CFO completed evaluation of corporate strategy, analyzed cash flow, financial and commercial viability; identified key sensitive issues and delivered restructuring plan to alternative energy technological company.
• Assisted US start-up for mid-size Australian consumer-product Company. As interim CFO developed, expanded and implemented strategic, financial and commercial plans.
• As interim CFO assisted Management-Buy-Out of mid-size engineering Swedish subsidiary. Implemented best-practice financial controls and processes.
VP and Group Mgr.
September 2005 to March 2009
Full service commercial bank with $120 billions in assets.
Responsible for the Line of Business' performance and reporting directly to President and CEO. Managed a staff of six people.
• Turned-around and restructured poor performing group. Consistently exceeded yearly goals.
• Developed and managed more than 25 new customer relationships.
• Articulated, developed and implemented revenue and business strategies with buy-in from bank president and team. Increased net interest and fee revenues by more than 35% every year while in the midst of a regional stagnant banking industry.
• Redefined, established and developed networking links throughout organization and in the market place. Created awareness, identity and credibility with "business" centers of influence ( CPA, Law Firms, Chambers, Govt. Agencies ), and target customer base by more than doubling market share.
• Evaluated, recruited, coached and developed a staff of four Relationship Managers, one Portfolio Manager, and one Administrative Assistant.
VP Finance and Administration (CFO)
May 1995 to September 2005
Privately held technology company that manufactures and distributes proprietary/patented fastening technology to the Global market.
Responsible for the overall financial, treasury, tax, human resources, I.T., and strategic planning for the US company and reporting directly to President and CEO.
• Achieved financial profitable objectives every fiscal year.
• Developed, implemented, and monitored monthly cash flow projections, management accounts, and annual budgets together with multi-year business plans. Designed and successfully coordinated the implementation of operating and financial policies and procedures.
• Selected, organized, and managed a staff of 25 people and its professional development.
• Planned, contributed, and coordinated, in all aspects of M&A, and strategic alliances. Completed two licensing agreements, one divestiture of non-core business, and the opening of branch offices.
• Migrated Enterprise Business System from Great Plains to Syspro.
VP - Commercial Lender
1986 to 1995
Full service commercial bank with over $70 billion in assets.
Held various lending positions with progressive responsibilities.
• Developed, managed and nurtured profitable relationships with over 100 customers and an outstanding loan portfolio in excess of $250,000,000.
• Solid and seasoned credit skills tempered by successful workouts.
• Responsible for the organization of a start-up Loan Production Office in Chicago.
• Developed, negotiated and managed contracts and loan structuring of more than 500 deals.
• Reviewed and completed various M&A deals for clients. Participated in due diligence work.
• Mentored and developed a support staff of four.
Commercial Lending Officer
September 1983 to May 1986
Detroit, MI 1983-1986
Full service commercial bank, now part of JP Morgan Chase with more than $2.2 trillions in assets.
Commercial Lending Officer
Completed successfully a thorough credit training program and managed all aspects of commercial relationships.
• Responsible for a commercial loan portfolio in excess of $30,000,000 consisting of small to middle market companies. Grew portfolio by 50% in 12 months.
September 1982 to September 1983
Diversified supplier to the transportation industry, now part of Arvin Meritor with $7.2 billions in sales.
Conducted the coordination, consolidation and analysis of financial results for the International Automotive Group (comprising seven manufacturing locations).
• Developed variance analyses, annual budgets, and multi-year business plans.
• Prepared and delivered monthly operational presentations to Divisional President and Senior Management.
Sales / Finance Area Manager
June 1979 to June 1981
Financing arm of large truck and agricultural implements company, with $5 billions in sales.
Managed the marketing and administration of floor plan financing for 11 dealers and major
• Recorded record-breaking revenues for region and reduced past due accounts to zero for 12 consecutive months.
NON-PROFIT SECTOR EXPERIENCE
SWEDISH AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - DETROIT, MI 2005 – Current
Non-profit organization to promote business networking between Swedish and American organizations.
Treasurer and Board Member
• Manage, organize & present monthly financial statements, annual budgets, and IRS Forms including 990 reports.
• Contributor to fundraising and membership activities.
DETROIT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, Detroit, MI 1986 – Current
Non-profit organization to promote business networking between Southeast Michigan businesses and other domestic and/or foreign organizations.
Advisory Board Member (2006 – 2009)
Welcoming Committee Member (2006 – 2009)
European, Asian, and North American Committees Member (1986 – 2009)
ITALIAN FILM FESTIVAL USA – Metro Detroit, Detroit, MI 2011 – Current
Non-profit organization promoting Italian culture through the screening of contemporary award-winning films.
Chairperson and Fundraiser
• More than doubled fundraising for festival.
• Implemented various planning and organizing processes.
MBA in Finance
BA in Business and French
Engaged in various Professional, Civic and Academic Boards
Highly proficient with MS Office Suite and spreadsheet modeling