Ilford, Essex, UK
Seeking to obtain a responsible position as phlebotomist in a facility where my knowledge and experience can be utilized as well as enhanced.
• Performed a variety of routine blood drawing procedures to include venipuncture.
• Prepared, processed, and stored patient specimens and samples according to departmental procedures using standard techniques and equipment.
• Transported specimens to the laboratory for testing.
• Obtained intake information, including personal data, medical history
• Utilized standard procedures for the maintenance of positive patient identification.
• Conferred with patient to obtain information for laboratory records.
• Verified patient information.
• Performed venipunctures and skin punctures to obtain a blood sample for laboratory testing.
• Prepared and organized of patient specimens for testing.
• Delivered blood samples to various departments as required.
• Carefully followed all safety procedures during phlebotomy work.
• Handled phone calls from patients and doctors for scheduling appointments.
• Performed laboratory computer operations.