Routers (Cisco ASR9000, ASR1006, GSR12816, 7609, 7206, 12000, 7000, 5300, 4000, 3000, 2600, 2500, Terminal Servers: 2511, 2509)
Cisco Switches (3600, 3500, 2900)
Juniper Routers M20 M320 M40 Mx960
Routing Protocol (BGP4, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, RIP, IS-IS), Routed Protocol (TCP/IP, IPX/SPX).
Implemented traffic filters using Standard and Extended access-lists, Distribute-Lists, and Route Maps
Implementation of DHCP, DNS, FTP, TFTP
Knowledge of tools like Wireshark, Solarwinds TFTP, Putty, SecureCRT etc.
Knowledge on VMware for use in Lab environments.
Window 95 / 98, Windows XP / Vista / Windows7, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 Prof., Windows 2000/2003/2008 Server, MS Office, Lotus Notes, Unix, VMware
Extensive use of DOS, Word, MS Works, Excel, Lotus 123, MS Access, MS Office, MS Outlook
August 2010 to Present
• Responsible to Configure, testing of Private IP networks for ISP Company. Worked on Subnet Manager and IP Service Manager Software applications to design and test the Network enhancements as per customer requirements. Responsible to handle network production trouble tickets
• Configure Lab devices for testing of new design in IP networks and testing support of new cards features on various Lab Router and Switches.
• Configure L1, L2 & L3 Layer connectivity for router and switches. Worked on basic setup, monitoring & configuration Cisco firewall devices.
Devices worked in this environment are:-
Cisco ASR1006, GSR12816, 7609, 7206, 12000,
Cisco 806, 1600, 1700, 1800, 2500, 2600, 3600, 7200 Series
Cisco Switches (3600, 3500, 2900)
Juniper Routers M20 M320 M40 Mx960
Anda Ether Reach 2100, 2200 4000
Lucent Model 9000 Model 500
Nortel Model BSN Model BNX
Overture Model 45 PLUS, 5100, 180V, ISG-2200, ISG-400, ISG-4800
Tellabs Switch 8820, 8860
June 2010 to August 2010
• Responsible to install, configure Routers, Switches, Servers and Software conversion process for CVS Pharmacy. Configure L1, L2 & L3 Layer connectivity for router and switches. Configure and troubleshoot VPN connectivity
February 2007 to March 2010
• Was responsible for the configuration of Cisco Routers ( 7000, 5300, 4000, 2500, 3000, 2600) using RIP, IGRP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
• Configure Cisco Switches ( 5000, 2900, 3500)
• Designed and implemented remote dial up solution for clients
• Installed and configured DHCP Client / Server
• Install Hardware: NICS, Hard Drive, and Modem Install Software: Windows 95/98, Lotus Notes, WordPerfect, Microsoft Office Service and Troubleshoot printers (laser, inkjet, dot matrix and fax machine)
• Was responsible for maintaining all of the documentation for all of the Network System that were worked / performed during the day
• Set up Window NT Server
• Install Hardware: NICS, Hard Drive, and Modem
• Implement Cisco IOS Firewall IDS using 2600 series router
• Implement Cisco Secure Access Control Server (ACS 3.0) for Tacacs+/ Radius
• Redistribution of routing protocols and Frame-Relay configuration
• Network Migration from RIP to OSPF
• Troubleshoot Windows 2000/2003/2008 Servers and streamlining the user policy.
• Managing User accounts using Active Directory
• Implementation of TCP/IP and related Services-DHCP / DNS / WINS
• Upgrade Cisco Routers, Switches and Firewall (PIX) IOS using TFTP
• Help establish guidelines and standards for Change Procedures
System Analyst / Junior Database Administrator (DBA)
March 2006 to January 2007
• Installation and configuration of Oracle 9i/10g servers and creation of databases in UNIX and Windows environments.
• Implementing and configuring Oracle Database Replication.
• Database monitoring and maintenance activities which include checking alert logs, space management, undo management, gathering database statistics, database locking issues, scheduling of CRON jobs, creation of users, schemas, Table spaces and other database objects.
• Migrating and upgrading the Oracle 9i database to Oracle 10g and incorporating the changes in the database design.
• Establishing and monitoring database backup and export schemes (hot/cold).
• Installing Oracle applications on server and client machines, and developing scripts for common Oracle tasks.
• Database performance tuning.
• Developing PL/SQL procedures for various applications.
• Database architecture Design.
• Logical Data modeling using ERWIN
• Creating and maintaining database links between different Oracle databases.
• Data conversion and migration from a legacy system that contains over 100 Tables.
Analyst / Programmer
August 1999 to November 2005
• Was responsible for product distribution and Installation Modules.
• Designed and developed a process for ACS Optima Package (Manufacturing, Warehouse and Distribution) Software Installation and distribution. This module had the intelligence of building a distribution tape for clients based on the software Modules that was ordered.
• Order Management, Distribution and Accounts receivable, Production and Import management, Accounts payable and General ledger, Materials management, Shop floor control Processing, Work in process, Programming was done in RPG/400, RPGIV, CL/400, SQL/400 and Sub files. Also used various tools like SDA for screen designs and RLU for report designs.
February 1997 to June 1999
• Able to create and use the following member types within the AS/400 environment: CL, CLLE, RPG, RPGLE, DSPF, PRTF, PF, LF and CMD.
• Responsible for designing, compiling, troubleshooting and debugging everyday product changes and supporting existing Systems on the AS/400.
• Experienced with report programs, update/maintenance programs, inquiry programs and the ability to design sub files and utilize embedded SQL.
• Language: RPG II, RPG IV, RPG ILE; Structured, Modular Design, Arrays; Data Areas; Data Structures
• Relational Database Design and Normalization
• DB2/400: DDS-Physical Files, Logical Files, Join Files, Data Dictionaries
• Screen Design Aid (SDA): Menus, Display Files, Sub-file Programming
• File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
• Query/400 and Open Query File (OPNQRYF)
• System Administration PTFs, System Values, Basic Configuration
• Security Administration-User Profiles, Authorization Lists, Object Authority
• Operations-Backup and Restore, Print Management, Job Scheduler
• Job Control: OCL Procedures and CL Programming (CLP)
Bachelor's in Electronics
• Possesses a Bachelor's degree in the field of Electronics Engineering, holds a Cisco CCNA / CCNP certificate (CSCO11630259), completed CCIE Written, four plus years of experience as Network Engineer and ten Plus years in the field of Information Technology, with solid experience in Cisco Networking, Cisco Administration and experience in the area of WAN / LAN Technologies.
• Background covers Cisco 806, 1600, 1700, 1800, 2500, 2600, 3600, 7200 Series Routers as well as Cisco 1900, 2900, 4500, 5000 Catalyst Series Switches, experience with subnetting and Network Address Translation (NAT) TCP/IP Network environments and basic knowledge on Cisco Firewalls
• Hands-on experience in Network and System Management, Engineering, Installation, Maintenance, Administration, Security, Troubleshooting, Training and Technical Support.
• Ability to successfully streamline, optimize, and maintain Network functionality performance and recoverability in mission-critical environments, adept at working with management to prioritize activities and achieve defined objectives; able to effectively translate operational requirements into Technical / Networking solutions.
• Personal strengths include being an extremely personable individual who is highly motivated and truly enjoys learning, sets and accomplish goals on his own as well as works well within a team, a natural inclination to troubleshoot and am very resourceful, a very good track record of customer service with regards to end users / clients.