October 2009 to Present
Dualisation of EAST - WEST Road (SECTION 2)
PORTHARCOURT-KAIAMA, Route 103 in Bayelsa and Rivers State.(900 M$)
Length and Type of Road: 101 Km long dual asphalted expressway Numbers & Type of Bridges: 15 Nos pre-stress (length between 60m and 700m),
reinforced and box girder bridges
Earthwork: 4,224,182 Cu.M. of sand dredging and filling Stone Base: 1,350,059 Ton Asphalt: 556,330 Ton
• Supervise and monitor all phases of surveying, including preliminary surveyors, sections corners, flood plain maintenance, construction, bridge inspections, right of way and utilities to ensure accurate and precise engineering drawings.
• Direct and supervise all surveying work associated with the execution of the different phases and stages of the construction activities of the project.
• Study the project construction drawings and the scope of work involved and obtain priorities from site engineers.
• Check all completed work and obtain consultants approval before proceeding to the subsequent phase of work.
• Supervise the work of crews assigned to survey; plan, schedule and assign work; instruct and train in methods and procedures.
• Survey road maintenance, bridge, culvert, topographical and stream channels for projects; establish markers for aerial photos where and if needed.
• Locate section corners which are basis for the center line of a road and bridge survey.
April 2008 to September 2009
Qurayyah Combined Cycle Power Plant (160 M$)
The project covers the erection/installation of gas turbine plant and equipment (supplied as specified herein); the design, supply and installation of all necessary mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and control works; the design and installation of all necessary services and utilities; the design and construction of all necessary civil engineering, structural and building works and site infrastructure; to provide a complete and fully operational open cycle gas turbine generating plant (OCGT) at Qurayyah. It covers also the design and installation of an extension to the existing residential community complex located adjacent to the existing Qurayyah power plant and the design and construction of all new approach access roads.
Responsibilities included: • Responsible for the survey and setting out data preparation.
• Site quantity takeoff
• Full survey works (setting out and leveling) for roadwork, drainage works, and foundations of the OCGT, building, boundaries and infrastructure work
July 2006 to March 2008
NDIA Airside/Landside Roadways and Parking CP 14 (270M $)
Under the supervision of OVERSEAS BECHTEL.INC as a consultant.
The project comprises the design and construction of the 120 KM roadway network connecting the "Airside" and "Landside" facilities of the New Doha International Airport, providing access to the Terminal, Commercial and Midfield areas of the airport. The scope includes three grade separated interchanges and a total of 21 box-girder bridge structures, five of which crossing shallow lagoon water leading to the Passenger and Emiri Terminals. In addition, the scope of works includes parking lots (110,000 sqm), airport security fencing (37km), intrusion detection systems, surface water drainage systems, street lighting systems, and culverts protection to existing gas lines.
As the Senior Land surveyor on site, I was responsible for all survey and setting out data preparation, site quantity takeoff and Full survey works (setting out and leveling) for roadwork (fill, subbase and asphalt), drainage works (excavation, pipes and manholes), bridges (sub and super structures), fences, etc (Experienced in operating Total Station, GPS, level etc.), managing a team of 5 surveyors throughout the project duration, coordinated the as built drawings and interfaced with the engineering department for technical support.
July 2004 to June 2006
QIPCO Residential Compound at West Bay (78M $)
The project was an Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) of a high-grade residential compound consisting of 200 villas, various support buildings, external works, and infrastructure. Some of the many features of the compound include a modern club house, a kindergarten, an administration building, a mosque, and various swimming pools and sports facilities, as well as high quality finishes and electro-mechanical works.
Responsibilities included: • Site quantity takeoff
• Surveying works (setting out and leveling) for structural works, roadwork, boundaries, soft and hard landscaping and infrastructure works.
August 2003 to June 2004
Administration of Geographical Affairs
Responsibilities included: • Setting out area boundaries
• Surveying works for several buildings and roads
June 2002 to May 2003
Responsibilities included: • Surveying works for several buildings and roads
Total Station Operator
June 2001 to October 2001
2002 to 2004
AutoCAD, Autodesk Land Desktop, Softdesk, Civil 3D.
Microsoft Office Package
Microsoft Visual Basic