Seeking a position where I can use my skills and experience in all or one of the following areas: customer service, individual and/or group sales, marketing, technical support, communications, problem solving, logistics knowledge and/or administrative leadership.
Customer Service Dispatcher
November 2012 to Present
• Negotiates truckload costs and services with customers.
• Refers to profit indicator to adjust rates and insure contracts are profitable.
• Establishes quotes and order specifics with customer and enters order.
• Monitors and follows up to insure loads are moving according to schedule and expectations of the customer.
• Handles any service issues that arise.
• Makes timely and accurate entries into the operating system for load status, costs, and freight data
• Communicates changes in load status to customer.
• Reports potential or known service failures to management.
• Coordinates with other departments as needed, such as Dispatch, Accounting or Customer Service.
• May assist the Booking Dispatchers in booking loads during heavy load volume.
• Works in a 24/7 operation and maintains communication with all departments.
• Provides after hours on-call service on a weekly rotation during weekdays and weekends.
• Performs other related duties as required.
October 2011 to July 2012
• Customer and carrier follow-up
• Answered incoming calls
• Schedule appointments
• Provide shipment information
• Audit load information
• Complete customer requests
• Tracked and traced shipments
• Data entry
• Supported two Account Managers of Fortune 500 companies
• Calculated trucking expenses
Hostess, Server, Assistant
May 2009 to October 2011
• Greet and assist customers to ensure that restaurant services are enjoyable and meet or exceed their expectations and the expectations of the restaurant.
Sales Administrative Assistant
May 2007 to October 2011
• Answering phones
• Creating RFP’s in the CVENT database and sending these leads to hotel lead catchers
• Faxing responses for proposals to customers
• Answering questions via email from customers, hotel sales representatives, convention and visitors bureau staff and convention center sales contacts
• Assisted during a variety of property site inspections with regard to data collection, meeting space, size/setup options
• Prepared hotel response reports for customers
• Made travel arrangements for customers to conduct site inspections of hotels for future group events
• Prepared correspondence and presentations via Word, Excel and Power Point.
May 2006 to August 2009
• Planned program activities; taught arts & crafts. Organized sports games. Provided character development training. Supervised other staff working with students ages 2 to 14. Consulted with parents as needed.
2009 to 2011
August 2008 to May 2009
August 2007 to May 2008
Customer Service, Inside Sales & Marketing, 70+ wpm typing speed, Travel Arrangements, Administrative & Technical Support, Supervisory/Management Skills, CVENT Software, Microsoft Office, Calendar/Scheduling Management, Dispatching/Shipping & Receiving
I just relocated to the Boston area from Columbia, SC. I am very eager to begin working so that I may meet new people and learn more about the city of Boston. I am available immediately.