January 2011 to May 2011
- As a final project, this course required that we split into groups of four or less to examine and optimize an already existing Network from a business.
- Redesigned a restaurant network that is also used for business transactions.
- Created a switched backbone in order to produce a smooth and structured network necessary for a popular restaurant that is also owned by a larger corporation, White Management.
- Research and assess equipment that will both fix the problems that may arise in the current network as well as survive the years to come in order to avoid constant, costly upgrades.
- Assess the ongoing and one-time costs of installation and maintenance of new equipment.
- Post results of work on a wiki page so all members of the team may contribute and communicate.
- Wiki Site of results: http://proposedcreonetwork.wikispaces.com/
January 2010 to May 2010
learn how to work in teams and understand how the planning and design aspects of website creation are done in order to produce a result that meets the expectations of the client.
- Students in the course were required to do the following: o Form groups of 3-5 people with differing skills and viewpoints.
o Coordinate meetings with a teacher of choice outside of class time.
o Design and execute a website with material from which younger students may learn and study.
o Meet strict deadlines with exponential completion of work.
o Present the website to the children in question at the Montessori Magnet School in Albany, NY.
Lab aide in the Cytogenetics department
December 2009 to January 2010
- Included: o Filling out log sheets and using proper document control.
o Stocking and reserving of important materials used by the Lab Technicians.
o Cleaning and maintaining equipment (Incubators, Centrifuges, counters, slide trays)
o Experience in cleaning and filing slides, running documents to other company departments, and printing count sheets as well as large scale photocopying.
o Aliquotting reagents and disposed of old specimens and pellets (White Cell Specimens).
o Stocking of chemicals and tools.
o Mixing of chemicals necessary for evaluation of samples.
- Lab safety and blood borne pathogen training at Genzyme.
Bachelor of Arts in Science and Technology