• Accomplished Senior Sales/ Business Development Executive within the financial services industry selling technology solutions, and previous proven track record of selling Property/Casualty Insurance programs to top-tier commercial businesses;
• Utilizes personalized "Prospecting" system for cold-call and lead generated new business opportunities;
• Proven "Rainmaker", top new business producer throughout career, dealing with upper tier management of top financial firms, and commercial businesses in all aspects of the sales process, from prospecting, research, price structure, preparing sales proposals, client presentations, and closing sales;
• In addition to exceeding new business sales projections historically, in most cases, had sales management responsibilities in overseeing day to day activities of departmental sales staff, which consisted of approximately 3-6 individuals;
• High renewal retention of new business in subsequent years due to
account servicing, up-selling new products and services, and exceeding customer
service expectations, leading to substantial residual income moving forward.
Vice President of Sales & Marketing
January 2010 to Present
I-Engineering, Inc. is a leading provider of web based technology solutions to the property/casualty insurance industry. These array of customized solutions, which are used by carriers and wholesalers, improve operating efficiency of office functions, as well as assists in driving more business to the firm, but automating many of the processes that are still performed manually.
Senior Sales Executive
December 2008 to December 2009
Stockgroup Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of market data, financial news, and web tools used to enhance websites. This information is applied to desktops of advisers, as well as wireless applications to keep the client attuned to their individual portfolios.
Company has recently decided to close the US operation. I was offered a position in the Vancouver, BC office, but have decided to pursue new career opportunities in the USA.
Vice President of Sales - Financial Services Division
2006 to December 2008
Wealth Identification, division of Thomson Financial, is a provider of real-time web-based solutions, and application software for the financial services industry used to identify, track, and monitor 'High Net Worth' individuals, CEO's, Presidents, and senior level corporate insiders of publicly traded firms. Clients utilize services of Wealth ID to enhance their lead generation, prospecting and cross-sell efforts in the affluent market.
Major accomplishments since joining this organization include:
• From scratch, with the support of senior management, independently and aggressively prospected, set appointments, and established strategic relationships within headquarters of major financial firms in the New York/ Boston area (i.e. Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, New York Life, Guardian Life)
• Within 1st 3 months established a pipeline of $4,000,000 of new opportunities, and maintained this level throughout tenure with firm.
• 1st year new business sales, $2,500,000, 150% of plan; 2nd and 3rd year new business sales, $3,000,000, 200% of plan.
Selected Accomplishment Guardian Life - Working with senior marketing and IT personnel, designed and implemented an internal data capture of information of affluent prospects and current clients that was imported into the Guardian's CRM system. This was used as revenue growing service as leads and wealth related information was distributed to independent life brokers to prospect and grow current relationships. Tracking usage and performance, this resulted in a broker's new business revenue increase of approximately 25%, directly related to this program.
Senior Sales Representative
December 1999 to 2008
1980 to 1998
• Marsh & McLennan, Inc Commercial Underwriting manager supervising 10 person
department. I increased revenue by way of new and growing current clients by 40% each of 3 years.
• Chubb Group of Insurance Companies Commercial Underwriting/Marketing Manager, supervising 5 sales/business development reps. I contributed to New Haven branch office being the highest growth office in the company for 2 consecutive years.
• Associated Services, Inc . Owner & Licensed Insurance Broker selling and servicing the
Property/Casualty business insurance market. I doubled the size of the firm in 3 years by way of individual production, leading to the purchase of the agency.
CIC in Insurance Counselor
BA in Mathematics/Business Administration