High motivated and experienced business analyst with more than 8,000 hours and hands-on experience in
complex IT projects. Practiced in eliciting and clarifying business requirements, performing solution analysis for business
cases, and designing process and system improvements to increase client satisfaction and productivity. Professional focused on
clients needs, technology analysis, implementation, software quality and client support.
May 2007 to Present
Quality Assurance Analyst
January 2007 to May 2007
CGI Technologies, USA
Client Orientation/Project Assessment
• Prepare functional specifications and requirements for more than 20 enhancements in 3 major releases of the Advantage
Performance Budgeting software.
• Gather requirements from stakeholders and elicit business needs for complex integration and processes.
• Analyze product and client business needs for future releases.
• Effectively collect and elicit requirements with shareholders for small and large projects.
• Participated in the envisioning, requirement gathering and implementation phases of Advantage Performance Budgeting
software implementation in Lane County (OR) and City of Tucson (AZ).
• Utilize RUP and UML to define and follow processes, standards and procedures throughout the SDLC.
• Compliant with IIBA standards for business analysis based on the BABOK and CMMI level 3 to prepare, investigate and log activities to achieve quality requirements and company's objectives.
• Prepare online help documentation.
• Support and liaise technical and functional teams with effective communication skills in getting and giving information.
• Coach and support team members whenever necessary in obtaining knowledge of new domains or processes.
• Take ownership in creating workable solutions for business problems and in dealing with frequent and random changes.
• Advice in a wide variety of complex business matters in assessing a situation, receiving input from stakeholders, and selecting a course of action.
• Maintain relationships within an organization and external partners to achieve a profitable outcome for a working solution.
Quality Assurance/Project Review
• Validate technical and functional specifications.
• Participate in QA efforts to ensure software quality standards in new releases resulting in low client reported defect count.
• Create automated test scripts and execute quality assurance test scenarios to uncover issues.
Software Release/Post-Release Review/Customer Support
• Provide customer support to address issues related to functional processes. Direct clients on product enhancements
pertinent to improving their business processes.
• Provide training to end users and implementation consultants.
• Follow ITIL standards for customer satisfaction through service delivery.
• Handle client's issues and requests making sure a solution is provided in a timely manner, resulting in client's recognition of support services provided.
Customer Solution Lead/Business Analyst for content management systems
August 2005 to December 2006
• Managed a portfolio of 6 clients in diverse business domains ranging from education to manufacturing.
• Interfaced with business users to prepare and update Business Process and Software System specifications.
• Analyzed and presented technology solutions based on client's business and needs.
• Conceptualized improvements and elicitation of business solutions.
• Conducted business analysis, project assessment and feasibility determination.
• Clarified client requirements, business needs and project objectives, via feedback sessions and meetings, in collaboration with all stakeholders.
• Helped manage risk analysis and mitigation plans, status reports, and client presentations
• Defined milestone deliverables, and established critical success factors.
• Coordinated work of employees to meet deadlines, budgets, and client demand.
Business System Analyst
February 2005 to July 2005
• Ensured all artifacts complied with corporate SDLC policies and guidelines and DOD policies.
• Prepared UML and data design documentation for alignment with client's needs.
Business System Analyst
August 2004 to December 2004
SDDM Technology, Washington, DC, USA (August 2004 to December 2004)
• Elicited business requirements with shareholders.
• Developed and implemented the Business License system using web services technologies, SOAP for data transfer and store procedures for data access.
• Tested and reviewed web services used to ensure integration, security and interoperability.
• Assisted in training end users and provided customer support.
• Published and Presented lessons learned in the International Web Services Conference (The Edge) in Boston, Feb 2005.
Case Study: "Using SOA and Web Services to Issue Business Licenses in the District of Columbia" and in the Workflow
Handbook 2005. A chapter in Web Services Workflow and SOA (BPEL4WS). Published in May 2005.
Business Analyst for web technology solutions
November 2001 to August 2002
• Managed and assigned tasks to a team of 4 technical and business members to meet project deliverables schedules.
• Provided support, analysis and web-based solutions for e-commerce and intranet systems for international corporations, such as Coca-Cola (Pananco) in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
• Analyzed and reported on business web trends in Latin American markets.
Master of Science in Information Systems
B.A in Commerce
Certificate in Business Analyst
Certificate in Information Technology
• Strong analytical skills &requirements analysis in various industries • Business Process Improvement
• Experience in cross-cultural and cross-functional teams • Process Analysis & Design
• Excellent communicator, facilitator and consensus builder • Training & Customer Support
• Excellent presentation and listening skills • Implementation Support
CGI-AMS Applications: Advantage Financial, Advantage Performance Budgeting.
Rational ClearQuest, Rational SoDA, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Test Manager, Remedy, Rational Software Architect,
Windows 9X, MS-DOS, UNIX, Linux, MS Access, dbsurfer, Oracle, SQLPlus, MS Office 2000, Photoshop CS, Macromedia
Dreamweaver, MS Project, Sharepoint.