Associate with experience in civil litigation, specifically in the areas of medical malpractice and wrongful death.
Exceptional research skills and accomplished legal writer, with a bachelor's degree in journalism and recognized for legal
drafting excellence during law school. Superior knowledge of the rules of civil procedure and evidence.
Pleasant personality, resulting in superior client relations. Hard working, going above and beyond average duties, with extreme attention to detail.
May 2010 to Present (6 years, 1 month)
Provide extensive legal support and assistance to sole practitioner specializing in medical malpractice and other areas of civil litigation. Gained valuable hands-on experience, resulting in knowledge of the actual
application of the law in all areas of litigation.
u• Conducted research and drafted numerous motions, memorandums, appellate briefs, complaints,
correspondence and other legal documents, including two (2) applications for review, with corresponding
briefs, submitted to the Tennessee Supreme Court
u• Prepared and participated in over five (5) trials within circuit court
u• Participation in depositions, including assistance in their preparation
u• Extensive experience in drafting discovery requests and responses
u• Involvment in numerous mediations, including assistance in their preparation
u• Handled all Third-Party Subrogation issues
u• Obtained, reviewed, and organized medical records
u• Assisted in developing facts and information, establishing contact with witnesses and experts, conducting client
u• Experience in drafting contracts, such as Asset Purchase Agreements
ATTORNEY AT LAW
September 2012 to February 2014 (1 year, 5 months)
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
June 2006 to January 2007 (7 months)
- Managed marketing and communications department for manufacturer and international retailer of hand-held GPS device for golfers.
- Created annual marketing and public relations plan.
- Project Manager for launch of new website, including copy, graphics, and organization.
- Managed design of all brochures, advertisements, sales presentations, retail displays and other collateral materials.
- Organized participation in tradeshows, including the National PGA Tradeshow.
- Developed relationships with golf publications and sent regular press releases, which resulted in media exposure
SPECIAL PROJECTS MANAGER
October 2005 to July 2006 (9 months)
- Responsible for planning of Annual Mississippi Business Expo and events surrounding awards ceremony.
- Developed advertising department revenue for special publications, which featured prominent businesses throughout Mississippi.
- Managed all administrative duties for the special projects department.
April 2005 to October 2005 (6 months)
- Managed Marketing Department for leading provider of technology services in the state. - -------- Supervised planning of all special events.
- Created all in-house marketing collateral and managed all projects created by advertising agency.
- Provided public relations support, including articles and exposure in major publications.
- Administered other duties, including database management, community involvement, inventory control and ordering of all advertising specialty items.
October 2003 to April 2005 (1 year, 6 months)
- Assisted in promoting the City of Jackson
- Researched, created and edited visitor and meeting planner publications to further awareness of Jackson.
- Developed new website practices, which helped make site user-friendly.
- Controlled database administration.
- Facilitated events targeted at developing exposure and obtaining convention and visitor business.
Juris Doctorate in Freshman Moot Court Competition
Bachelor of Arts in public relations