September 2011 to Present
• Respond to customer’s quality concerns and develop corrective actions to resolve concerns
• Monitor quality levels by reviewing data and identifying highest priority elements
• Respond to warranty concerns by evaluating failures and implementing corrective actions
• Ensure adherence to work instructions, control plans, APQP, and ISO requirements
• Ensured ANSI and ECE safety code compliance on windshield product by conducting non-destructive and destructive tests.
• Conducted design of experiments on windshield product
• Monitored and recorded process variables in windshield lamination area.
• Ensured adherence to quality control plan by conducting random audits.
• Ensured that quarantine and sort procedures were being followed.
• Assisted in ensuring compliance to ISO 9001 standard
• Provided accurate and timely reports to division quality office
Production Supervision Ford Motor Company, Glass Division
• Ensured that safety, quality, and uptime standards were met
• Coordinated preventative maintenance activities
• Determined headcount requirements and ensured accurate timekeeping for 50+ employees
• Conducted disciplinary hearings on UAW represented employees with UAW representatives and labor relations personnel
• Maintained accurate data input for Product Quality Loss Analysis system
• Assisted in automation of Product Quality Loss Analysis system for recording downtime and scrap.
• Provided cost quotes for new parts and prototype consideration.
• Prepared annual operating budget for Windshield area with assistance from area cost analyst.
Maintenance Supervision Ford Motor Company, Louisville, KY
• Supervised and scheduled assignments for skilled trades personnel
• Planned preventative maintenance activities for fabrication and assembly areas
• Ensured availability of repair parts by reviewing inventory and ordering repair parts
Cost Savings Team Leader/Facilitator Ford Motor Company
• Developed schedules for team meetings and helped assure that necessary support personnel were involved in meetings.
• Utilized 8-D problem solving methodology
• Worked closely with area Industrial Engineer and Cost Analyst to provide teams with accurate and useful information pertaining to areas of cost -savings opportunities
• Instrumental in implementation of "bait glass" program, which utilized scrap glass from cut/grind department in startup of tempering operation. This program realized a savings of $2 million per year
M.A. in Curriculum and Instruction
2007 to 2010
B. S. in Industrial Technology
1985 to 1989