- Masters graduate in Mechanical Engineering with experience in meshing, modeling and analysis in fluid, thermal and structural domain.
- Extensive expertise in 2D/3D design and analysis tools viz. AutoCAD, Solidworks, CATIA and ANSYS (APDL and Fluid workbench).
- Sound knowledge in structural mechanics and fluid dynamics (theoretical, computational, experimental).
- Experience in 1D and 2D CFD codes.
- Applied skills in projects in structural design and analysis, and fluid related topics as an individual and as a member of a team.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA)
January 2011 to August 2012
- Handled recitation classes involving topics in core fluid dynamics principles and flow properties with mathematical and statistical applications such as Newton’s law of viscosity, Bernoulli’s principle, Pipe flow and friction, Pressure and Aerodynamics forces, and Uncertainty analysis.
- Instructed students on experiments viz. Venturimeter, Pitot tube, Pipe friction, Jet force on vanes, and wind tunnel experiments in Thermo-Fluids laboratory with a class of 20 students.
- Led a team of two TAs while handling the undergraduate Thermo-Fluids lab.
- Evaluated performances of 45-50 undergraduate students as a grading assistant for Thermodynamics courses.
- Modeled question papers and assignments to examine students’ capability in topics such as Psychrometrics, Thermodynamics Relations and Cycles, Entropy, Chemical Reactions and Gas Mixtures.
December 2009 to August 2010
- Updated maps of various countries and their cities with utmost accuracy using Google’s in-built software, for an error-free usage on Google maps by customers worldwide.
- Helped maintain high quality productivity in the team with 95%+ accuracy, leading the team to 2nd best position.
- Rewarded as one of the high quality workers in one of the modules.
June 2008 to August 2008
- Integrated with team members to study the Automatic Flight Control Systems (AFCS) of the supersonic MiG-21 fighter aircraft in Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, Hyderabad
- Observed the experimental functioning of avionics of other fighter-class aircraft viz. Sukhoi for an in-depth understanding of the subject
- Studied and documented the working of electro-mechanical components such as gyros, servos and their synchronization with the hydro-mechanical actuators in the control surfaces for auto-stabilization of the aircraft
Wind loading over inclined flat plate collectors - Fluid Structure Interaction (Masters Project)
- Designed various configurations of inclined flat plate collectors in GAMBIT, with an unstructured quad mesh
- Applied brute force via ANSYS Fluent for simulating the effect of wind loads at desired speeds to replicate near-world conditions, using High Performance Cluster (HPC) and parallel processing techniques
- Obtained pressure and velocity distributions over each configuration. Calculated total load applied on every flat plate by wind forces
- Deduced the effect of wind pressure forces on the (fixed) support structure of the flat plate configurations
- Simulated the problem in ANSYS Structures domain to obtain deformations and failure criteria of support structure
Structural Optimization of a Cantilever beam using DOE and FEA
- Designed 3D cantilever beams of varying dimensions to simulate aircraft wing, using Solidworks
- Employed Design of Experiments method to obtain the various designs, formulated using 2k design with 4 factors
- Utilized regression analysis tool in Microsoft Excel to obtain the design with minimal free-end deflection
Compressible flow analysis over a Bluff Body using ANSYS Fluent
- Modeled a bluff body with gradual fine-to-coarse meshing from bluff body surface to inner walls of the domain in GAMBIT
- Imported the model in ANSYS Fluent for compressible, supersonic flow analysis after applying boundary conditions
- Observed detached shocks being formed at variable supersonic speeds ahead of the bluff body
- Recorded and observed changes in aero-thermodynamics properties before and after the bow shock, simulating atmospheric re-entry
Structural design and assembly using CATIA and Solidworks
- Modeled 3D parts of a Universal Coupling, Pulley, Bearing Eccentric, and Shaft Support Assembly
- Created bill of materials and exploded view of all parts with detailed descriptions
- Assembled the parts and constrained each joint for desired degrees of freedom
- Also modeled various brackets, bearings and machine blocks using 2D orthographic views of products to be created
Computational incompressible flow analysis over a Cambered Airfoil
- Designed a NACA 4412 cambered airfoil in the pre-processor GAMBIT
- Discretized the airfoil domain into multi-structured far-field boundary faces; meshed using quad elements, clustered around the airfoil surface
- Analyzed in ANSYS Fluent to obtain the aero-thermodynamic properties and characteristics at the given ambient conditions
- Obtained the lift, drag and pressure characteristics at various angles of attack; plotted the necessary functions for visual results
Flow analysis over a Wedge using Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Performed steady and unsteady supersonic flow analysis over a wedge using McCormick explicit scheme in MATLAB and ANSYS Fluent by integrated team work
- Used inviscid 2D Euler equations for supersonic steady & unsteady flow over a wedge with a weak shock for first part of problem
- Applied 2D Navier-Stokes equations for a strong bow shock with an increase in wedge angle, for the second part of problem
- Recorded overall data and numerical analysis of the equations used for the respective cases of weak and strong shocks, thus validating the models, schemes and equations considered
Single-Objective Optimization of gear train volume using Genetic Algorithm and surrogate models
- Minimized the volume of two gears and corresponding shafts considering seven design variables and eleven constraints
- Applied a fully connected, feed forward Artificial Neural Networks (ANN) to create surrogate model of the objective function
- Optimized this objective function by Genetic Algorithm optimization tool using MATLAB
Structural Analysis of Bridge Frame and Power Pylon using ANSYS and MATLAB
- Constructed 2D frames for truss bridge and transmission power pylon in ANSYS using parametric modeling for structural failure analysis
- Administered multiple constraints and loads to simulate different scenarios for optimum simulation of the designs, using ANSYS
- Obtained results of deflections and maximum/minimum stresses of each link in the design. Validated these results using MATLAB
Master Of Engineering in Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
Bachelor of Technology in Engineering
ANSYS Fluent, ANSYS CFX, ANSYS Workbench, ANSYS APDL, CATIA V5, Solidworks, AutoCAD, IronCAD, Hypermesh, GAMBIT, C, MATLAB, LabVIEW, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.