Seeking a process engineer role, where I can add value, through the application of skills acquired, in the design and operations side of the business involved. (Availability: Immediate)
Research Assistant - Inorganic Membrane Laboratory
April 2009 to October 2011
• Thesis work funded by the Ohio Coal Development Office (OCDO); Investigated the suitability of pure-silica sodalite (SOD), as a hydrogen separation membrane material, through the use of various analytical characterization techniques and gas permeation testing. Also, elucidated the promise and limitations of sodalite membranes for hydrogen separation from syngas at coal fired power plants.
• Furnished nine professional quarterly technical reports, throughout the entire project, to the Ohio Coal Development Office (OCDO), detailing and summarizing, the work done and the results obtained at the end of each quarter and the subsequent work plans for the next quarter.
• Assist and Supervise Undergraduate Co-op students: Working on Inorganic Microporous Zeolite Membrane Research at our laboratory, with membrane synthesis, characterization, testing and report preparation.
June 2009 to August 2009
• Mass Transfer Operations: Create problem sets for Undergrad students and evaluate assignments related to the coursework.
Process Engineer Trainee
December 2007 to April 2008
• Developed Material and Energy Balances and designed, reactors of various sizes, 20 KL and 40 KL and a shell and tube heat exchanger, to be employed at a higher capacity emulsion polymerization unit of the plant.
• Assisted, the R&D team at the pilot-scale emulsion polymerization unit, with sample preparation and testing, directed towards improving raw material formulations for better quality.
• Underwent preliminary training in six sigma techniques, safety procedures, and participated in bi-weekly safety drills at the company. Audited the entire plant for safety standards and presented a report suggesting the areas requiring immediate and future attention at the annual safety meeting of the plant managers.
June 2005 to August 2005
• Gained an understanding of the equipments used and the sequence of manufacturing steps and batch processes involved towards the final product at the Nylon 6 dipped Fabric manufacturing facility ( technical textiles division).
• Performed the duties of recording values and adjusting parameters at regular intervals in the continuous operation of the plant, as required by the staff engineers.
SIMULATION AND DESIGN PROJECTS
Design of chemical reactor for various kinetic reactions Jan 2009 - Mar 2009
• Simulated a non-isothermal reactor using MATLAB to produce pthalic anhydride from naphthalene
• Achieved a conversion efficiency of 96% and selectivity up to 90%
M.S. in Chemical Engineering
September 2008 to October 2011
B.Tech in Chemical Engineering
September 2004 to May 2008
• Analytical Techniques: XRD, SEM/EDS, TEM, TGA, GC-MS, HPLC, BET, XRF, FT-IR, CVD, ALD
• Programming/Mathematical Tools: MATLAB, ASPEN, Mathematica, MS OFFICE.
• Modeling and Simulation Tools: HTRI AutoCAD