Midwestern University, Downers Grove, IL
•Cumulative Grade Point Average 3.92/4.0, Class rank 11 out of 85
•National Commission for the Certification of the Physician Assistant (NCCPA), expected September 2011
•State Licensure, expected September 2011
•Certified in ACLS and BLS for Healthcare Providers, American Heart Association
June 2010 to June 2012
Clinic Rotations completed as a Physician Assistant Student
June 2010 to Present
•Clinical rotations completed include (6 weeks each, except where noted):
-Emergency Medicine – Mt Sinai Hospital, Chicago, IL
- Internal Medicine – Office of Adrienne Burford-Foggs, M.D., Chicago, IL
- General Surgery – Marshfield Clinic/St Joseph Hospital, Marshfield, WI
- Pediatrics - John Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County/CORE Center/ Juvenile
Temporary Detention Center, Chicago, IL
- Family Medicine – Office of Rochelle Hawkins, M.D., Chicago, IL
- Geriatrics – University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Women's Health – Lawndale Christian Health Center, Chicago, IL
- Behavioral Medicine - John Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, IL
- Cardiothoracic Surgery (4 weeks, to be completed June 2011) – Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL
- Cardiology (4 weeks, to be completed July 2011 ) – Office of Lokesh Chandra, M.D., Chicago, IL
•General rotation duties included:
- Performance of complete history and physical exams on a variety of patients,
including: problem-oriented exams, well child exams, sports/school physicals, and
- Diagnosis and treatment of a variety of medical conditions
- Ordering and interpretation of laboratory tests (CBCs, CMPs, lipid profiles, U/As, blood
gases, etc), computed tomography and radiographs, and other diagnostic exams
- Assisting in surgical procedures, pre-op and post-op rounds, suturing, drain removal
and maintenance of sterile surgical field
- Execution of procedures including pelvic exams, wet mounts, phlebotomy, injections,
- Documentation of care and experience using a variety of EMR systems: including
Centricity, Cerner, CattailsMD, etc.
- Education and counseling of patients to understand their medical conditions, treatment
options, and resources for primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention
- Utilization of effective interpersonal and communication skills during interactions with
all members of the health care team
Certified Nursing Assistant
September 2008 to May 2009
• Assisted in activities of daily living in a homecare or facility setting.
• Followed plan of care and provided accurate documentation.
• Provided end of life palliative care.
Cardiovascular Research Intern
June 2008 to August 2008
• Protein assessment (Western Blot analysis), tissue processing, and porcine surgery observation.
• Read and critiqued many scientific papers in a weekly journal club.
• Prepared and presented a report to summarize the findings of my research.
Human Anatomy Teaching Assistant
August 2007 to December 2007
• Aided anatomy professor in cadaver laboratory dissections.
• Graded exams, homework, and led review sessions.
• Provided an opportunity for students to seek individual tutoring.
Licensed Nursing Assistant
June 2007 to September 2007
• Assisted in activities of daily living, provided nutritional support and a clean environment for residents.
• Monitored residents’ vital signs and weights.
• Observed temperament and overall health of residents, documented and reported any changes.
Master of Medical Science in Physician Assistant Studies
January 2009 to January 2011
Bacherlor of Science in Applied Health Science
January 2005 to January 2009
Licensed Nursing Assistant, New Hampshire
June 2007 to April 2011
Certified Nursing Assistant, Illinois
January 2008 to Present
Student member of American Academy of Physician Assistants
July 2009 to Present
Certified in ACLS and BLS for Healthcare Providers, American Heart Association
June 2010 to June 2012
Physician Assistant State Licensure, expected September 2011
National Commission for the Certification of the Physician Assistant (NCCPA), expected September 2011
Alajajian SA, Bender SB, Laughlin MH. Effect of exercise training on coronary endothelin-1-mediated constriction and receptor expression in hypercholesterolemic swine. FASEB J. 2009 Apr 23; (Meeting Abstract Supplement) 608.7.
Kamal A, Herndon B, Molteni1 A, Lawrenz J, Smith B, Addington S, Smith B, Alajajian S, Gasper D, Baybutt RC. Lung protection against the chemotherapeutic agent bleomycin by dietary flaxseed oil. FASEB J. 2009 Apr 23; (Meeting Abstract Supplement) LB503.
References available upon request.