Holding over 10 years of technical support expertise, my knowledge of technical troubleshooting, customer communication and in-house documentation will surely benefit any team. Using my experience with utilizing PC peripherals, a broad scope of software/hardware support, help desk software use and work order/ticket creation, I will surely prove a valued asset to my employer.
• Full competency with Windows environments including Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Internet Explorer, Windows Live Essentials, Microsoft Office Suite and all utilities.
• Networking experience troubleshooting TCP/IP, DNS routing, VOIP technology, Proxy
• Experience with the Mac OS and associated software.
• General PC hardware troubleshooting including ram issues, hard drive replacement, motherboard problems, and any hardware replacement including network cards, sound cards, video cards etc.
• Full competency with PC peripherals including printers, scanners, barcode readers, A/V interfaces etc
• Working experience with a variety of anti-virus software including ESET NOD 32, F-Secure, Norton, MacAfee etc.
• Experience in a variety of database environments including SQL, ORACLE, APACHE
• Knowledge of Linux environments.
• Network, Communications and A/V cabling/device installations
• Full support of network cabling, computers, printers and related devices
• Software support including Windows OS, Mac OS, some Linux and industry related software.
• Technical installations/support of A/V equipment including paging systems, televisions, multiplexers, video projectors and a wide range of audio solutions
• Network topology planning and full project coordination as working customer contact/site supervisor
Took on full responsibility of project planning and implementation. Gained customer respect and approval for network installation projects and device management/troubleshooting.
Network cable installation
Device maintenance and support
Software troubleshooting across multiple OS and device platforms
A/V installation and support
CCTV Installation Technician
April 2012 to June 2013
Installation, service and maintenance of CCTV equipment including camera's, custom DVR's, network switches, UPS', A/V devices etc.
Network administration (LAN/WAN) responsibilities for store and server level DVR’s
Software support and maintenance.
Customer technical support representative.
Commercial cabling for CAT5e, CAT6, Coax
Advanced PC troubleshooting and support including data recovery, hardware support, software support, Windows, IP camera's, network administration
Co-headed implementation of technical documentation project resulting in 25% greater completion rate and 30% greater technician efficiency
Increased issue completion ratio resulting in fewer repeat service calls.
Identified key technical faults to avoid greater impact.
Aided in training of commercial installation team resulting in 200% increase in efficiency.
CCTV camera maintenance and best practices
PC building and maintenance
Cable Systems Field Installer
February 2011 to March 2012
Internet, Cable & Phone Installation / Troubleshooting
• Installing Cogeco internet, phone and cable television hardware within customers' residence. Including, but not limited to running cable/phone lines, modem and receiver installation, etc.
• High attention to detail, troubleshooting any problems that arise during install and/or after install.
• Major focus on customer service / support, including customer education.
Helpdesk Support Technician
2007 to 2010
• Inbound technician support for Cogeco internet, voice-over IP telephone, network security and cable television.
• High priority in maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction by clear & precise direction, call tracking through use of help desk software and ticketing system required.
• Proper communication skills a must to direct all levels of users through troubleshooting
2007 to 2008
• Managing 5-10 employees running marketing research study groups across southern Ontario
• A/V skills required for equipment operation and setup
• Presentation/speaking skills as acting MC/Host for all events
• Customer service oriented with focus on ensuring an entertaining evening for all participants
Quality Assurance Analyst
2005 to 2007
• Quality assurance and control for all software developed in-house.
• Very familiar with following common manufacturing process' moving from R&D, to concept draft, development, testing to final product roll-out
• Created work orders and tickets to alert development team of new orders or product change requirements
• Followed up on orders to ensure proper delivery and build time was met
• Worked diligently with customers to either troubleshoot unforeseen errors or educate them on updated products that would better suit their needs
• Working knowledge of SQL Server, Lotus Notes, Oracle, APACHE, VMWare, all Microsoft products and scale management required
Diploma in Radio and Broadcasting Communications
2002 to 2005
Management, Network Topology, Technical Support, Windows platforms, Microsoft Office Suite, Marketing, Communications, Audio Production, Customer Service, Team Player,