Accountant with 15 years of experience with unmatched attention to detail, motivation to succeed and proven ability to meet financial and tax deadlines. Demonstrated ability to prioritize, work independently as well as in a multi-functional matrix with good interpersonal, communication, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
• General and Staff Accounting
• Highly Detail Oriented
• Extremely Organized and Precise
• Reconciling Multiple Bank Accounts
• Reliable and Confidential
• Excellent Time Management Skills
May 2013 to March 2014
Handled all accounts payable invoices and receivables. Balanced the credit card statements and coded expenses to the correct general ledger account by journal entry. Invoiced internal transactions billed incorrectly between the three companies.
1998 to 2012
Performed month-end close procedures, prepared and recorded journal entries, accruals, payroll and reconciled over 50 balance sheet accounts including accounts receivable and accounts payable. Oversaw daily cash management, bank wires and intercompany schedules. Additional duties included but not limited to summarized quarterly and year-end financial audit reports, organized state tax audits, and sales commissions.
• Oversaw cart labor projects by approving invoices from vendors to match revenue against expenses and eliminated costs of over-billing by $60,000 annually.
• Suggested process improvements with the IT department to implement more information on queries which eliminated manual work that resulted in a 40% increase in the time that warranty credits were completed.
• Consistently and reliably ensured over 100 state and local taxes and business licenses were properly filed, paid, reconciled, and recorded for financial and tax purposes and efficiently maintained deadlines for sales tax requirements.
• Worked effectively and ensured compliance with corporate finance policies and procedures.
• As team leader for a variety of tasks during the annual physical inventory process, we were able to reduce the time required to complete the inventory from 2 days to 1, by ensuring the accurate entry of information and reducing the number of recounts that had traditionally been required.
• Outside Sales Managers expressed their appreciation for all my help and hard work with calculating commissions accurately and my ability to implement expense reports on time.
Order Entry Clerk
1998 to 1998
Entered sales orders for customer service choosing different types of options, warranty, and correctly coding the salesman based on territory.
• Inside Sales Group commended me on my expediency, attention to detail, and "can do" attitude which were great assets to the marketing efforts and to the company.
1997 to 1998
Organized products for trade shows and sent literature packets, letters and brochures to prospective customers.
• Controller presented me with the Accountant position within 1 year based on my background knowledge and unmatched attention to detail and accuracy.
1996 to 1997
Performed various duties for human resources, sales, production, purchasing and marketing which included but not limited to; maintaining employee information and drug letters, entered sales orders and purchase orders and maintained production hours and weekly percentages.
1995 to 1996
Audited and performed various types of testing on parts using height gages and calibers to verify the accuracy to comply within company standards.
• Received a position for Quality Auditor in less than a year based on job performance and accuracy.
Associate Degree in Applied Science Accounting
Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Outlook - AS400 System - Pivot Tables - Vlookup - Accountant - Account Reconciliation - Year-End Close - Multi-State Sales Tax - Business Licenses - Reconciling Multiple Bank Accounts - Very Precise - Exceptional Attention to Detail - Multi Tasking - Highly Detail Oriented - Some Spanish and Payroll Experience - Prioritze Workload - Superior Organizational & Time Management Skills - Work Independently with Minimal Supervison - Good Interpersonal, Communication, Analytical, and Critical Thinking Skills
Excel for Windows - The University of Nebraska at Omaha, College of Business Administration
Microsoft Office, Skill Path Seminars Achievement
Certificate in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Quality
Continuous Quality Improvement Classes
E2 ShopTech Software
Sage ERP AccPac Software