Kansas City, KS
• Highly skilled career professional with more than 10 years practical experience in hospital, home health, and primary care environments.
• Established in cardiac and oncology patient support including assessment, counseling, education regarding medications and treatment, lab work, documentation with care plan for diagnosis, and administration of treatment procedures.
• Computer skilled, managing heavy daily patient volume including telephone triage, appointment scheduling, and patient referral. Proficient in all documentation with care plan for diagnosis, and administration of treatment procedures.
• Proficient in all documentation/record maintenance/paperwork to ensure accuracy and patient confidentiality.
• All areas of major and minor surgical procedures performed in hospital and clinical office environment.
• Strong work ethic and clinical skills. Self motivated and a team player as well as individually motivated. Able multi-task and adapt to a variety of environments. Able to prioritize in a fast pace environment.
November 2010 to Present
Performance of initial reviews for severity of illness and medical necessity.
• Ensuring admitting orders are congruent with physician orders.
• Assist with discharge planning.
• Referrals to physician advisors for cases that do not meet admission criteria.
Contract Community Health Nurse
October 2008 to Present
Performance of mental and physical assessments monthly.
• Monitoring of immunizations and administering flu vaccine, B12, birth control injections.
• Review of MAR's and physician orders and monitoring medications.
• Review lab work and medications adverse reactions.
• Refer Clients to PCP or specialist for follow-up visit; monitor all compliances with clients and providers.
November 2009 to December 2010
Admitting and discharge patient with mood disorders and dual diagnosis.
• Initial and assessment alcohol detoxification patients for safety and stability.
• Administering medication and assisting in meeting the mental health needs and medical care.
• Review of MAR's and physician orders, conduct transfers to others units, and facilities.
• Charge nurse when needed.
• Continue care following doctor and counseling orders to help with patient care.
Staff Nurse / Telemetry and Med
March 2008 to May 2009
• Served as a contract nurse caring for patients with life-threatening illnesses, including acute congestive heart failure, acute myocardial infarction, drug overdose, massive trauma, and respiratory failure, providing bedside care.
• Promoted health and support for patients and families in coping with illness.
• Skilled in bedside monitoring, 12 lead EKG and ventilators.
• Responsible for charting electronically using Meditech.
Staff Nurse / Oncology and Med
February 2006 to February 2008
• Served as contract nurse caring for patients with different types of cancer, and surgical patients. Responsible for initiating and maintaining intravenous therapies,
• Prepared patients for radiological procedures and therapies.
• Responsible for charting electronically using Vista.
• Responsible for maintaining and changing wound dressings.
Day Charge Nurse
November 2003 to November 2006
Facilitated overall nursing staff performance and care of 45 bed unit
• Applied strong commitment to quality control by ensuring cohesiveness and involvement between nursing staff and resident's family.
• Provided direct patient care to pediatric and young adults with acute psychological and behavioral disorders.
• Provided medications and observed for adverse reactions and side effects.
• Monitored and examined report and follow up on lab data, follow physician orders.
• Delegated assignments and supervised the efforts of nursing staff as charge nurse.
• Responsible for utilization review of insurance policies.
• Provided care for suicidal, homicidal, and sexual perpetrators and abused patients.
February 1998 to February 2003
• Served as a team member on the telemetry and med surgical units.
• Delivered a complete range of RN services and expertise.
• Accurately obtained and documented patient histories and medication list, assessed individual conditions and needs.
• Selected departmental referrals for acute and ill patients for treatments.
• Prepared equipment and assisted physicians during patient's examinations.
AAS in Nursing