Healthcare professional with experience in administration, medical records audit for completeness, congruency and billing including CPT and ICD9 coding. Educates and communicates effectively on usage of products, policy changes, reimbursement, and coordinates/presents programs to train physicians, clinicians and manage patient care.
2008 to Present
• Assure the successful implementation and ongoing management of AWCC operations in conjunction with AWC standards, protocols, guidelines, policies and procedures for Center operations and participate in the hospital leadership team
• Access and analyze existing data; develop operations reports for AWC and Hospital Management and recruit, hire and manage staff.
• Monitor and ensure accuracy and completeness of patient information and audit claims
• Work with assigned Corporate Clinical Support to facilitate PI visits and implement recommendations and action plans.
• Develop, implement and manage a marketing plan and budget
• Motivate and communicate with others to achieve the AWC Vision and Mission.
• Conduct regularly scheduled staff meetings to ensure open communications and enhance operational efficiencies and educate on updates and policy changes.
November 2008 to June 2009
• Manage staffing of nurses, completion of competencies and evaluations
• Complete billing audits with attention to appropriate ICD 9 coding and ensure timely release of records.
• Acts as a member of the hospital team.
• Achieve mission, vision and values of hospital
2007 to 2008
• Assist with all department activity to assure a coordinated effort in fulfilling department responsibilities. Assist clinical manager with long range planning to achieve mission, vision, and values of the hospital.
• Assist in coordinating the department's participation in Performance Improvement activities to assure continuous Quality Improvement.
• Ensures that physicians are following the clinical pathway and provides clinical support.
Extended Care Sales Representative
2005 to 2007
Managed multi-sales points in assigned accounts in middle Tennessee across all customer segments including acute care, physician, long-term care, and home health care. Developed territory plan.
• Planned short term and long term goals to meet sales quota.
• Developed, implemented and presented programs to increase market share.
• Communicated and provided feedback to management regarding client needs.
• Maximized and existing and developed new contract opportunities within the territory.
2001 to 2007
Clinical Resource Specialist
2001 to 2005
Manage and organize calendar to schedule education for 6-8 account managers.
• Planned, organized and presented 1 and 2 day wound care programs.
• Promoted products and educated clinicians on appropriate usage of products in all segments of health care.
• Supported account managers in sales and education of Dermagraft to physicians, and clinicians in regards to application and reimbursement qualifications.
• Worked in Tennessee, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Alabama, Virginia, and West Virginia
1999 to 2001
Prepared facilities for state surveys by setting up systems to ensure compliance with minimum standard requirements.
• Planned, organized and trained clinicians to put programs in place to prepare Overton Park for their state survey.
• Implemented a wound care program that decreased pressure ulcers from 40% to 6% in eight months.
• The survey completed 9/2000 revealed NO deficiencies in pressure ulcers and weight loss and NO substandard deficiencies. (Facility had sub-standard ratings the previous four years).
• Assisted other facilities in TN and Florida with survey preparation.
Regional Director of Clinical Services
1997 to 1999
Supported Directors of Nursing and prepared facilities across middle, east TN and northern Georgia for state surveys by educating and conducting mock surveys.
• Met Life Care's standard for weight loss and pressure ulcers which was a higher standard than state requirement.
• Prepared facilities for initial and follow up surveys in Tennessee, Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina.
• Assisted with mock surveys for JCAHO in facilities.
• Interviewed nurses for Director of Nurse's position.
Director of Nursing
1980 to 1997
Managed patient care at a 169 bed facility that went from ICF to SNF and JCAHO certified.
Previous relevant experience
Staff Nurse; Critical Care Nurse; Shift, Weekend and Recovery Supervisor.
Associate of Science in Gerontology Certification