Boca Raton, FL
* Licensed attorney since 1993
* Admitted to practice Florida State Bar, Federal Bar (Middle District) and United States Tax Court
* Extensive experience in the preparation and trial of property claims, construction litigation, workers' compensation and personal injury
* Exceptional knowledge of administrative procedures, rules of evidence, and trial practice
* Dynamic, self-driven and results-focused with more than 18 years of experience winning judgments for commercial insurance clients in state courts
* Astute analyst, strategic thinker and creative problem solver
* Superb manager with a track record for orchestrating complex and high-volume demands to unfailingly achieve target outcomes
* Fluent in English, Spanish and French
2011 to Present
and Silicon Valley
General Corporate Counsel for business incubator and holding company based in Tampa, FL and Silicon Valley. Projects and acquisitions have ranged from technology start-ups to various firms involved in the employment screening and/or data retrieval sectors. Additionally, I also engage in the area of commercial contracts and private securities involving the drafting of private placement memorandums, subscription agreements, warrants, accredited investor questionnaires, share purchase agreements, joint venture agreements, agency agreements, non disclosure agreements and memorandums of understanding.
* Responsible for providing legal guidance to senior management team in addition to the preparation of all contracts, including confidentiality agreements, covenants not to compete, work-for-hire agreements, employment agreements, etc.
2011 to 2011
Associate attorney for South Florida law firm providing legal services to insurance companies, as well as numerous local and national corporations. Practice areas included homeowners' claims, construction defects, commercial disputes, insurance first and third party claims/coverage, bad faith litigation, and personal injury/wrongful death cases in Florida state and federal courts as well as other jurisdictions around the country.
* Responsible for mediations, motions and depositions of engineering specialists, public adjustors and others regarding remediation of projects
2008 to 2011
As corporate counsel delivered insight, expertise and leadership essential to achieve client objectives and meet revenue and profit targets for an insurance defense practice specializing in commercial automobiles and workers' compensation.
* Provided advice to prevent, mitigate and resolve legal problems and conducted discovery, depositions, document review and case law research
* Devised litigation strategies and represented clients in bench and jury trials
* Directed support staff and managed caseload ensuring compliance with professional standards
Associate attorney responsible for workers' compensation litigation
2002 to 2008
mediations, depositions, and motions. Reviewed unique attributes of client matters and determined an appropriate course of action. Prioritized, scheduled and executed all phases of work required for civil trials and appeals, including legal research, document preparation, filing motions and preparing courtroom witnesses.
* Established a solid reputation for professional excellence while managing the Workers' Compensation practice for the firm of Rosenberg & Rosenberg (2002-2008)
* Optimized results for clients, business growth and profitability for the firms of Heller & Gonzalez and David P. Ginzberg, PA (1999-2002)
* Conducted research and drafted legal revisions that consistently won cases for clients of Bars, Williamson, Stolberg, Townsend & Gonzalez (1997-1998)
1997 to 2008
1996 to 1997
Advised a manufacturer in areas of international finance, transportation, and documentation and secured business critical import permits
Assistant Public Defender
1995 to 1996
Fort Meyers, Florida
* Provided key support in misdemeanor trials, handled first appearances, violation of probation hearings, motions, appeals and writs for Spanish speaking clients.
* Independent contractor work including Special Counsel, the Gallagher Law Group and short term assignments including McFarlane Dolan, Master Trace, Inc. and various financial services firms.
References and further data provided upon establishment of mutual interest
LL.M. in International Law
Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
Fluent in Spanish and French