The Woodlands, TX
Business professional with extensive experience in client relationship management, operations, audit and support. Has passion for helping companies achieve their strategic business goals through alignment and optimization of their talent, systems and resources.
Consultant at Huntsman Corporation
May 2010 to Present
Global Software Asset Management License Analyst
Meridian and Asset Manager
May 2010 to December 2010
for a seven month (5/2010 - 12/2010) project to audit and manage the recently received Huntsman EMEA Software Asset Management licenses; completed this project three months ahead of schedule received performance recognition by Huntsman resulting in increase of scope and responsibility.
• Managed the project plan for the Global IT Asset Management team's internal audit outcome - 2 ½ year project
• Managed the work to incorporate the hardcopy Software IT Asset Management EMEA files into the existing Americas environment this work was completed four months earlier than expected
• Planned and managed the project to ensure accuracy and provide appropriate updates to existing data in Meridian and Asset Manager
• Planned and managed the Inventory of Non-Networked PC's project that retrieved software information for non-networked PC's for 130 locations (globally)
• Planned and managed the Media Room project- including managing 3 consultants. The project scope was to inventory and re-number all existing media, update the Software Library Database to reflect the changes, create backups of all of the existing software media as well as create an ongoing process for storage of Media sent offsite
• Provide weekly status reports to manager for above listed projects
• Ongoing responsibility for data integrity of data in Meridian and HP Asset Manager
• Responsible for the accurate input of software licensing and maintenance records both current and historical
• Managed the work of the Legal Intern in regards to reviewing contracts to ensure priority is consistent with departments goals
• Provided software licensing and contract support to the OneWin7 team.
• Provide global support for media requests ensuring the media delivered to the OSS team meets the approved standards for Huntsman.
• Created a "mini" media server to reduce delivery time as well as cut mailing costs for requests outside of The Woodlands location.
• Provide global support for media storage. Assist in obtaining version updates and newly purchased software as well as freeware.
Multi Process Client Lead - Talent Domain, Operations
May 2000 to May 2010
As a Multi Process Client Lead for the Talent Domain I managed an operational team of 19 that provided support for Success Factors, SumTotal Learning System, and an In-House Tuition Reimbursement application across 8 clients. I was accountable for client relationship management, domain specific knowledge, leadership and people management.
• Acted as an escalation point for all client issues taking the lead working with the support team to ensure timely resolution
• Facilitated weekly calls with Tier 2 (support) and Tier 3 (technical) teams to resolve issues and discuss process improvements in preparation for weekly client meetings
• Facilitated weekly Client meetings
• Utilized Siebel as our case management tool to track client requests and issues.
• Provided client consultation to identify areas of process improvement and worked with them to develop and document improved processes
• Developed and provided client with consistent and regular monthly, quarterly and annual reporting on Service Level Agreements (SLAs) tracking turn around times for issue resolution, categorizing issues to proactively address negative trends as well as report on client specific requests (i.e. number of forms pushed that month, number of permissions set, number of no-shows to classes etc)
• Developed and provided an annual Learning Industry Trending and Analysis Report for cross client distribution
• Travel to Client and/or Supplier site as necessary for consulting and relationship management.
• Coach Managers and Team Leads on client consulting and effective issue resolution
• Management Oversight on all clients to ensure standardized processes are implemented across all clients
• Identify "out of scope" work and initiate change order when necessary
• Managed supplier relationships for all learning ILT and public courses across clients
• Decision maker for learning contracts initiated for ILT and public courses
• Developed and maintain third party cross client learning supplier database
• Third party vendor management SME for Workforce Development domain and for the Strategic Sales Team
• Facilitated site audits for third party educational assistance suppliers
• Attended Industry related conferences
• Negotiated discounts with suppliers and manage process of sharing the savings with the client.
• Team provided three way match on all client invoices
• Team prepared and verified client re-bill
• Strategized with leadership to understand business needs leading to the effective design, development and implementation of best practices.
• Met monthly with leadership to support headcount and compensation planning.
• Worked with a team of Managers to identify performance gaps, determine root cause and create development plans specific to the employees needs.
• Facilitated annual employee performance reviews which included review, 360 feedback process, individual coaching and development planning.
• Facilitated process improvement efforts including off shoring of processes when appropriate.
IT Purchasing Manager
IT purchasing for North America, software license management and compliance, IT related vendor management, coding and processing all IT invoices, IT accruals, and managing the corporate cell phones, pagers, calling cards, Office Depot and Global Crossing accounts.
• Processed all IT purchasing requests for the North American Offices
• Partnered with the IT department to determine needs and research cost effective pricing
• Managed vendor relationships for: Microsoft, HP, Dell, Sprint PCS, Metrocall, CDW and Software Spectrum
• Negotiated Microsoft Enterprise Agreement (Saved $334,000 in true up and renewal costs)
• Negotiated improved SLA's with Sprint PCS (One time savings for renewal of all phones $17,000)
• Provided reporting to managers on monthly spend on IT equipment, cell costs, calling card costs and pager costs as requested
• Monitored Sprint PCS, Metrocall and Global crossing invoices for excessive spend, escalating issues
• Issued and managed all cell phones, pagers, calling cards, Office Depot and Global Crossing accounts usage
• Audited and managed software compliance
• Maintained software library
• Tracked IT invoices and process through A/P
• Provided IT finance monthly accrual data reporting
Purchasing & Configuration Supervisor
October 1993 to April 2000
Role encompassed purchasing, software licensing, asset management (inventory and management of hardware and software), shipping and receiving, configuration and training
• Managed 10 direct reports: 5 responsible for configuration and placement of equipment, 2 for training and 3 for purchasing and shipping
• Tracked all software licenses purchased for Concentra
• Supervised configuration and placement of equipment for all new and existing sites
• Provided support for configuration team issue resolution
• Coordinated configuration and training trips
• Negotiated vendor pricing and agreements
• Procured and managed all software for company in a database program
• Procured all computer equipment for the corporate office and 150+ centers: $3.2 million per year
• Conducted user computer equipment needs analysis; provided reporting
• Created and managed configuration and procurement work orders
• Audited and approved all invoices for procured equipment
• Managed all equipment returns, out of box failures and warranty jobs
• Supervised technical helpdesk supporting corporate office and 125 centers
• Interviewed and selected candidates for all technical positions in the IST Department
• Served as escalation point for unresolved issues
• Provided emergency support schedules and assisted with after-hours issue resolution
• Responsible for writing help desk technician reviews
• Provided telephone support included setting up voicemail, creating active phones on the NEC phone system
• Installed hard drives, cd roms and memory; placed service calls for broken equipment; provided hardware support
• Supported MS Office (all versions), WP for Windows, Lotus Notes, Win 3.11, 95 and NT and Calendar Creator
• Responsible for implementation of asset management for all hardware and software including documentation and input into an Access database for 112 locations
Communication Innovative Thinking Relationship Building
Achieving Results Customer Focused Project Leadership
Process Improvement Initiative Analytical Thinking