The Woodlands, TX
Global Software Asset Management License Analyst
May 2010 to Present
The term of my initial assignment was 7 months. I was responsible for the scanning, input and linking of Software Asset Management licenses from Huntsman's EMEA office. This project was scoped from May 2010 - December 2010. I completed the project in 4 months. The project was then expanded to include all of Huntsman's Software Licenses as well as many other projects.
• Report directly to the Director of Global IT Asset Management.
• Manage 1 - 4 consultants as necessary to assist in the delivery of projects.
• Project Manage the Global IT Asset Management Team's Internal Audit outcome - 2 ½ year project.
• Manage the Software Asset Management Data Refresh Project, completed phase 1 four months early. Scoped, planned and manage the expanded project - 2 year project.
• Scoped, planned and managed the Inventory of Non-Networked PC's project that retrieved software information for non-networked PC's for 130 locations (globally).
• Scoped, planned and managed the Media Room project- included managing 3 consultants. The project scope was to inventory and number all existing media, update the Software Library Database, create backups of all of the Software Media to ship offsite for Disaster Recovery. Document all of the Media sent offsite.
• Provide a weekly status report to the Director for the consulting team responsible for the projects listed above.
• Responsible for data integrity of all data in the Content Management System (Meridian) and HP Asset Manager.
• Responsible for the accurate input of all Software licensing and maintenance records both current and historical.
• Provide a global monthly report to assist in the renewal of all Software Contracts.
• Provide a global monthly report to identify any PC that has been refreshed and has unauthorized software loaded.
• Manage the work of the legal intern that is responsible for reviewing and documenting all current software contracts.
Multi Process Tower Leader - Talent Domain, Operations
January 2005 to May 2010
As a Multi Process Tower Leader for the Talent Domain I managed an operational team that provided administrative/technical support for our clients supporting Performance Management, Succession Planning and Learning Administrative Services.
I was accountable for domain specific knowledge, leadership, client relationship management and people management.
• Consult with leadership to understand business needs leading to the effective design, development and implementation of best practices.
• Coach Managers and Team Leads on client consulting and associate issues.
• Support headcount and compensation planning.
• Drive effective cost management practices.
• Prepare annual Industry Trending and Analysis Report for cross client distribution.
• Ensure standardized processes are implemented across all clients.
• Enforce Management Oversight on all clients to ensure quality.
• Ensure teams meet client specific Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
• Provide client with monthly, quarterly and annual metrics specific to the services provided.
• Escalation point for client delivery issues.
• Lead process improvement efforts including off shoring of processes when appropriate.
• Manage Supplier Relationships for all Learning ILT and public courses
• Decision maker for learning contracts initiated for ILT and public courses
• Developed and maintain Third Party Cross Client Learning Supplier Database
• Third Party Vendor Management SME for Workforce Development Domain for the Strategic Sales Team.
• Site Audits for Third Party Educational Assistance Suppliers.
• Attend Industry related Conferences
• Travel to Client and/or Supplier site as necessary for consulting and relationship management.
• Identify "out of scope" work and initiate change order when necessary.
• Negotiate discounts with suppliers and manage process of sharing the savings with the client.
• Team provides three way match on all client invoices
• Team prepares and verifies client re-bill.
IT Purchasing Manager
May 2000 to December 2004
IT purchasing for North America, software license management and compliance, IT related vendor management, coding and processing all IT invoices, IT accruals, and managing the corporate cell phones, pagers, calling cards, Office Depot and Global Crossing accounts.
• Process all IT purchasing requests for the North American Offices.
• Partner with the IT department to determine needs and research the best pricing.
• Manage vendor relationships for:
o Software Spectrum
o Swordfish Technologies
o Sprint PCS
o Tech Depot
o Office Depot
• Negotiated Microsoft Enterprise Agreement - an enterprise wide agreement for all Microsoft related software (2nd term - Saved $334,000 in true up and renewal costs).
• Negotiated with Sprint PCS to provide better service in The Woodlands and Charlotte offices. (2nd term - One time savings for renewal of all phones $17,000)
• Provide reporting to managers on monthly spend on IT equipment, cell costs, calling card costs and pager costs as requested.
• Monitor Sprint PCS, Metrocall and Global crossing invoices for spend that exceeds the standard amount - notify Managers of any issues.
• Issue, reassign or cancel all cell phones, pagers, calling cards, Office Depot and Global Crossing accounts.
• Order, input and track all software for company to maintain compliancy.
• Maintain software library.
• Track all IT invoices including telecom code and process through A/P
• Provide Monthly Accrual information to IT Finance.
• I supervised 2 individuals.
Purchasing & Configuration Supervisor
October 1993 to April 2000
This encompasses purchasing, software licensing, asset management (inventory of hardware and software), shipping and receiving, configuration and training.
• I supervised 10 individuals, 5 responsible for configuration and placement of equipment, 2 for training and 3 for purchasing and shipping.
• Tracked all software licenses purchased for Concentra.
• I supervised the configuration and placement of equipment for all new and existing sites.
• I provided support for the configuration team when they are on site to solve any issues they may have. (ie. Frame not active, data drops bad, hardware problems.)
• I scheduled the configuration and training trips.
• I worked closely with several vendors negotiating prices and select agreements.
• Ordered, input and tracked all software for company in a database program.
• I purchased all computer equipment for the corporate office and 150+ centers which amounts to approximately $3.2 million per year.
• I worked with the users to help them determine their computer needs.
• I created the work orders for the configuration department for proper configuration and shipment of computer equipment ordered.
• I reviewed, approved and coded all invoices for the equipment ordered.
• I followed up and tracked if necessary any backordered or late equipment.
• I took care of all returns, out of box failures and warranty work.
• I supervised a technical helpdesk that supported 125 centers plus the corporate office.
• I interviewed and helped select candidates for all technical positions in the IST Department.
• I was the escalation point when an issue could not be resolved using normal procedures.
• I provided a schedule for after hours emergency support and I was available to assist in resolving any after hour's problems.
• Responsible for writing reviews for helpdesk technicians.
• I provided telephone support included setting up voicemail, creating active phones on the NEC phone system.
• I installed harddrives, cd roms and memory and placed service calls for broken equipment. I traveled when necessary to provide hardware support.
• I supported MS Office (all versions), WP for Windows, Lotus Notes, Win 3.11, 95 and NT and Calendar Creator.
• I was also responsible for implementation of asset management for all hardware and software including documentation and input into an Access database for 112 locations.