A Construction Manager with a Virginia Class "A" Builders License and USACE / CQCM Certified that offers years of hands on experience through knowledge gained as a Superintendent, Quality Control and Safety Manager. Working in the private sector as well as the Federal Government in the areas of residential and commercial building to include facilities renovation and maintenance management. I am planner, organizer and scheduler of tasks. A supervisor, trainer, teacher and goal setter that enforces policies, procedures and directives as outlined by contracts and management. An inspector of quality of goods and services and believe that best results are achieved starting with understanding the value of safety in the work place.
SUPERINTENDENT - QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER
2012 to Present
Superintendent - Quality Control Manager for $2.3 and $11 million roofing/mold remediation projects located at the Defense Supply Center, Richmond, Virginia.
• Schedule all daily activities with the Sub-contractors.
• Inspect all phases of construction per Government's plans and specs.
• Meet with the USACE QA and discusses progress of construction and resolve any issues.
• Hold weekly safety meetings with all sub-contractors; enforce OSHA and EM385 1-1 regulations.
• Develop daily reports and enter them in to RMS/QCS for the Government.
• Review submittals for materials, equipment and approve for the use in construction.
• Insure that project is delivered on time and within budget.
QUALITY CONTROL SYSTEMS MANAGER
2009 to 2012
VIRGINIA BEACH, VIRGINIA
• Quality Control Manager for a $5.6 million, Child Development Center located at Langley AFB, Virginia.
• Inspected all goods, services, workmanship, and testing for compliance with plan and specification.
• Reviewed and approved all submittals for supplies and materials for use in the construction.
• Manage a team of specialized personnel, composed of electrical, mechanical, civil, structural, environmental, architectural, safety and testing.
• Provide Daily Reports and enter documentation in the USACE - RMS database.
• Developed and submitted all RFI questions for conflicts and clarifications with Specs and Plans.
• Partnered with Superintendent, ACOE, User, and other management to assure that project is on schedule and with-in budget.
• Monitored and reported on exposure hours for all work performed on the site.
• Insured proper safety practices are in force using the EM-385 guidelines.
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER
2005 to 2009
VIRGINIA BEACH, VIRGINIA
• Managed several start-up condominium projects from Virginia Beach to Williamsburg, VA.
• Projects valued from $10 to $60 million.
• Supervised production from foundation to occupancy.
• Worked directly with local government officials, architects, engineers, surveyors, vendors, office staff and large sub-contractor base.
• Reviewed plans and specs daily, documented changes and noted on reports.
• Scheduled work requirements.
• Inspected all phases of construction.
• Developed a quality assurance plan and enforced.
• Provided training for First Aid, CPR, OSHA, HAZMET and MSDS.
• Delivered projects on time and within budget.
• Recognized for my ability to tackle new product designs and get them out of the ground at a record pace.
• Started and completed 70 units that were ready for occupancy from January to October 2006.
QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER
2004 to 2005
Inspected and documented all phases of construction for quality building standards, valued to $35 million.
• Noted discrepancies and assured that item's found were corrected by the superintendent. before moving to the next stage of construction.
• Managed warranty staff and insured that repairs were completed in a timely manner and approved by the homeowner.
• Implemented training classes for all employees in the areas of approved construction methods, warranty and thus reduced quality defects.
• Met with government officials to address any safety, building codes, E&S or other issues.
PROJECT MANAGER / QUALITY CONTROL
2002 to 2004
NAVAL STATION NORFOLK
• Employed as the Quality Control Manager, later promoted to Project Manager
• Supervised the day-to-day operations of the Flag Housing contract for repairs, construction and renovation to early 1900's period built homes.
• Examined specs and plans for complex work requirements as posed by renovation to historical building with complicated guidelines for completing these tasks.
• Partnered with Flag Housing, the ROICC Offices and the tenants of Admirals Row, requiring strong people skills and the ability to deliver a high quality product to the government.
• Worked with Government inspectors, engineers and project managers to monitor the daily activities and progress of several on-going projects.
• Estimated and negotiated contracts with the Navy / Government.
• Monitored a large sub-contractor force as required for each task order / project.
• Directed a large in house construction and office staff.
• Contract covered projects on seven different military installations.
• Completed total exterior renovation to Quarters "A", valued over $450,000.
2000 to 2002
Managed all phases of new home construction for several sites.
• Monitored infrastructure requirements while working with developer.
• Daily duties included the ordering of materials, scheduling of work, hiring sub-contractor workforce, reviewing specs and plans, and meeting with codes compliance officials.
• Established quality control programs and standards.
• Implemented safety procedures and guidelines.
• Inspected all work in progress and issued status reports.
• Managed the field staff that assisted with the construction of the homes.
• Managed the construction of clubhouse, pools, landscaping and other infrastructure requirements.
• Communities / construction sites received a "Clean Business Award" by the local government officials.
PROJECT MANAGER / ESTIMATOR
1998 to 2000
Met with adjusters and agents to develop scopes of work for damages to property.
• Provided estimates for cost of repairs for insurance claims using several computer programs approved by the industry.
• Negotiated estimates with the adjusters to be sure that the work could be completed within budget.
• Scheduled all work, hired sub-contractors and ordered all materials.
• Inspected work and approved for payment.
• Met with homeowners and recorded their approval for all satisfactory work that was completed.
1997 to 1998
Provided estimates for fire, water and storm damage from insurance claims.
• Managed the day-to-day operations of construction repairs and renovations.
• Met with adjusters and agents to develop scopes of work.
• Directed an in house staff of trades and office personnel.
• Acquired proper permits and applications for each project.
• Hired and supervised all sub-contractors to assist with workload.
• Assured that the projects were completed in a timely manner, and with-in budget.
• Met with clients to assure that work was completed as per the scope of work and to their satisfaction.
1990 to 1997
Hired as Quality Control Manager and later promoted to Project Manager.
• Provided overall management and supervision for the Military Family Housing and Facilities Maintenance at the Yorktown Naval Weapons Station, Yorktown, Virginia.
• Performed as liaison to the Navy and Government offices reviewing contract requirements and specifications and ensuring contractual obligations were met.
• Efficiently planned, scheduled, inspected work ensuring appropriate levels of materials, labor and equipment were available to meet contractual frames and established quality standards.
• Prepared daily reports, enforced warranties and total quality control management.
• Met with Government inspectors and delivered satisfactory completed work tasks.
• Supervised a team of plumbers, carpenters, HVAC, electricians, and support staff needed for daily work requirements and emergency services.
• Performed preventive maintenance and scheduled inspections for compliance of contract requirements.