Accomplished, multi-faceted Senior Level Executive presenting over twenty years expertise in
Global Sourcing Production Management Quality Assurance Staff Management & Development
• A profit driven individual with proven ability to globally source product cost effectively to maximize gross margin dollars, and to reduce quality claims and issues to maintain these margins.
• Demonstrate strength in increasing revenues and profits through innovative and creative production follow through and monitoring, to ensure on-time production and delivery from factory to end user.
• Knowledge of customer compliance needs and concerns, and the skill sets to ensure accurate handling.
• Travel extensively throughout the Far East and the Indian Sub-Continent to source production and fabric.
• Interface with GMMs, DMMs and Buyers to develop and execute private label programs, from concept through delivery.
• Plan and manage production, sourcing and technical operation budgets.
• Establish and monitor quality control standards.
• Build organizational structures to drive and sustain corporate revenues.
• Widely acknowledged for strong staff development and motivational skills.
Director of Sourcing, Production and Technical Operations
2008 to Present
• Worldwide sourcing of Men's Full Fashion Sweater Division.
• Complete responsibility of global production for Men's Sweater business. Both Branded: Oscar de la Renta, U.S. Polo Association, Oliver & Burke; as well as Private Brands: Basic Editions, Structure, Trilogy, Mountain Lake, etc.
• Manage and Develop production staff to current level of 3 Production Managers in NY offices.
• Create and execute successful working relationships with worldwide sourcing community: China, Bangladesh, Cambodia, South Korea, and Central America.
• Two consecutive years of on time delivery to 100% of orders to customers, with ZERO quality claims..
Director of Sourcing and Production Services
2007 to 2008
• Worldwide sourcing of Ladies Sportswear Division.
• Complete responsibility of global production for Ladies, Women's and Petite Cut & Sew Knits, Wovens and Sweater businesses, both Branded and Private Label.
• Manage and Develop production staff to current level of 4 Production Managers in NY offices.
• Manage and maintain worldwide sourcing in: China, Vietnam, Cambodia, South Korea, Taiwan, Indonesia, India, Pakistan, Philippines and Macau.
Director of Global Sourcing, Production and Technical Operations
2001 to 2007
• Developed and implemented plans for global sourcing, production, and quality assurance strategies for Women's Sweater and Cut & Sew Private Label Organization.
• Developed and Maintained Wal-Mart business with sales and margins growth for 5 straight years. Including the number 1 sell through item in Ladies Sweaters, 2 years in a row.
• Initiate, plan, recruit, set-up and directly manage all overseas offices, owned and partnered, in 20+ countries throughout, Asia, Indian Sub-Continent, South and Central America.
• Sample, source, cost, plan, place production for all categories including: Mens, Womens, and Childrens; Knits, Wovens, Denim and Sweaters.
• Manage and Direct Production, Technical and Quality Assurance Teams in New York and New Jersey.
• Daily interactions with global sourcing network, as well as domestic buying operations.
Vice President of Production - Limited Corporation Businesses
1998 to 2000
• Responsible for managing production of product, from development through delivery.
• World-wide sourcing discovery, costing, planning, production follow-up and corrections and quality control duties.
BBA in Retailing
1974 to 1977