Senior operations manager with a proven record of consistently executing strategic plans, goals, and metrics to increase profitability. A proven leader in mentoring, leadership development, and team building. Innovative thinker with complete understanding of how statistical and financial indices impact decision making to more effectively improve processes, reduce costs, and increase sales.
♦ Master's degree in Business Management
♦ Excellence in cross-functional planning and execution
♦ Excellence in financial analysis of sales and operations
♦ Black Belt Six Sigma trained
♦ Leadership development and mentoring
Regional Merchandising Manager
2009 to January 2012
Executed merchandising strategy to drive sales over $1B with focus on localized markets as an extension of the corporate merchandising teams. As field liaison drove merchandising strategy in 40 stores in MA, NH, VT, and ME. Collected and shared competitive feedback to core merchants. Focused efforts on localized assortments based on core departments and classes established through merchandising strategic plan as a single point of contact for 4 district managers.
• Implemented localized merchandise assortments that drove $5M in additional sales yearly as well as increased sales 5% - 12% YOY 2009-2011.
• Achieved GMROI, GM, and Turns within 5% of plan or better and minimum of 10 bps YOY 2009-2011 using sound business and financial acumen and implications of KFIs to create, evaluate, and communicate strategic merchandising options in the field.
• Formulated tactical plans, then influenced and persuaded store teams to implement sales events to drive sales that generated additional top line sales of over $2M 2009-2011.
• Urgently responded with emergency product needs for all seasonal events for 115 stores in New England region (hurricanes, tornados, flood, snow) that increased sales 300% - 3000% YOY 2009-2011.
• Resolved escalated customer service issues for 115 stores in New England region within 24 hours with 100% success rate using rigorous logic, excellent resourcing, and a sense of urgency.
• Planned, purchased, and presented quarterly seasonal product buys for 40 stores in conjunction with vendor partners and corporate merchants that drove $2.5M incremental sales.
2007 to 2009
Opened new Satellite Branch in Tulsa, OK; all functional areas of business including recruiting, hiring, and training for branch staff, and subcontractors in sales and operations. Created successful marketing strategy to increase new business and meet/exceed analytical closing and pricing targets in both commercial and residential sectors.
• 2008 AWARD: Best Referral/ Self-generated Sales nationally
Identified and delegated lead opportunities in accordance with closing rates and KPIs; aggressively driving sales
and revenue growth. Developed and implemented cross functional plans to achieve branch financial and
operational goals as well as company initiatives.
• 2008 AWARD: Best Overall Branch nationally and Best Customer Service Organization
Implemented customer service processes and KPIs to increase retention as well as name recognition resulting in
70% or better in satisfaction and recommendation.
• Achieved 50% closing rates over most product lines.
• Identified cost inefficiencies through budget analysis to develop and implement solutions through 2007 and 2008. Consistently maintained costs under company mandated budgets 2007-2009.
• Completed 2007-2009 with no recorded injuries; developed and implemented safety protocol for 100K SQ FT warehouse in compliance with OSHA specific requirements.
• Sustained staffing levels at 100% for sales and operations 2007-2009 through development and implementation of effective recruiting strategy to ensure the availability of qualified and flexible independent contractors to meet current and anticipated needs.
October 2000 to July 2006
Drove sales and profitability for stores with annual sales $50M or more in Tulsa, OK. Engaged in forecasting,
budgeting, monthly P&L and KPI review, and strategic dynamic planning to remain competitive in the marketplace.
• Merited full discretionary and profitability bonuses 2000-2006.
• Selected to open new store in Tulsa after six months as General Manager.
• Selected as representative from Southwest region in 2002 to meet with CEO/President for round table discussions/input on both store operations and employee satisfaction improvements.
Developed and implemented operational efficiencies for purchasing and inventory management using KPIs and seasonality indices analysis. Sustained efficient and effective warehouse operations to reduce injury, contain hazardous materials, and reduce shrink in accordance with OSHA standards and compliance.
• Created and implemented merchandising protocols to consistently increase inventory turns, average ticket sale, and profitability; rolled out to all stores in Tulsa district.
• Created and implemented process improvements in a cross functional manner that reduced annual shrink to 1% of sales or less; consistently below corporate goal of 2% of sales.
Developed, implemented, and sustained a mentoring and professional development program for human capital improvement.
• Produced the highest number of associates to management positions(ave of 10 per year) from 2000-2006 in the Tulsa district.
• Selected as district mentor to newly promoted and hired managers.
• Selected to champion quarterly manager training for all potential management candidates in Tulsa district.
Black Belt Six Sigma trained to identify process problems, and create and implement solutions for better efficiency and effectiveness.
• Utilized this training to transition merchandising in conjunction with seasonality cycles of different product categories that increased inventory turns 10% or better while maintaining control of budgeted inventory levels.
Built professional relationships as a community leader to promote company recognition: Habitat for Humanity, Rebuilding Tulsa, Kaboom playground builds, adopt a school, Tulsa Chamber of Commerce and Tulsa Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
Operations Manager/Human Resource Generalist
1999 to 2000
Specialized to process and follow up 100% on all GL, WC claims, EEO compliance, union prevention tactics and leading adherence to SOP standards within HRIS.
♦ Consistently developed highest number of district captains for operational areas that audited and retrained other stores in district monthly. Coordinated and communicated training for all managers and associates in district.
♦ Maintained 95% training compliance above company goal of 90%.
1997 to 1998
Awarded District Operations Associate of the Year 1997, 1998
♦ Reduced inventory discrepancies between and booked and physical 5% and 3.5%, respectively.
1989 to 1990
BS in Marketing
1980 to 1984
Merchandising, Business Analysis, MS office applications, HRIS, Black Belt Six Sigma