I have 3 years of experience working with EHRs. I support clinicians issues and setup accounts. Plus I 3 years of experience of IT support in the Clinical field. I have worked as help desk support in a Large Hospital system, Seton Healthcare Austin Tx and smaller systems Los Barrillos Unidos Community Clinic. I like working with the end users and helping them get back to what they do immediately. I am a strong team player in that when I have an opportunity, I teach the end users on information or how to recover at that moment. I have over 15 years as a trainer while in the Army and in the semiconductor field. I have over 15 years of troubleshooting skill from working on Helicopters to robotic equipment that create computer chips. Thank you
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
IT Property Systems support
March 2016 to Present
Update Thin clients Debian OS software for all Motel 6 and Studio 6 properties
Update the G6HMA property management software for Properties for all Motel 6 and studio 6 properties
Consultant, Helpdesk Support
December 2014 to Present
Desktop support Infrastructure for Pepsico USA call center.
• Answer incoming calls on workstation connectivity issues
• Setup and troubleshoot printer/scanners, reload workstations
• Setup outlook exchange on mobile Apple devices
• Troubleshoot VPN access, unlock passwords and sync mobile devices
• Assign tickets to local desktop support teams
Help move over outlook email to the Office 365.
IT support on troubleshooting network connections and printer setups.
EHR and IT specialist
June 2013 to August 2014
Perform Desktop support for 180 workstations for clinics in 3 locations.
• Startup the EHR application in OB unit, support EHR application issues
• Reimaged computer from Windows XP to Windows 7, MACs, and decommission PCs
• Perform Network troubleshooting, repair and assist with Server backup and recovery
• Support Call center, Business Office, Clinical Staff with any issues
• Setup/close users Accounts in the Active Directory, MS outlook Exchange accounts and printer groups
Implement Software updates on the EHR applications.
Reimaged computers from Windows XP to Windows 7.
Order equipment for upgrading workstation in the exam rooms.
Ability to support clinicians on IT applications, printer setup, ipad setup and wifi connections.
Troubleshoot network issues on Desktops and laptops.
IT Support and Procurement Coordinator
September 2012 to December 2012
Dual role position in Information Technology and Procurement inventory support for a psychiatric hospital
• Conduct help desk support duties, via phone, remote and desk side to medical staff
• Support various software to include, MS office, outlook, XP and Windows 7 operating systems
• PC move add changes, user administration such as password resets, add to domains, user profiles
• Assist Network administrator with various task such as server routers and switch set ups
• Also act as POTs IP phone support and audio visual setups
I was able to maintain equipment and application support when the IT Directory was in the middle of working on implementation of a new software for the hospital system.
Trouble shoot, it equipment issues. Assist in Microsoft office application questions. Search for new vendors for medical equipment orders.
Health Information Technology Intern
April 2012 to July 2012
Trained on Cerner Millennium 2012 ICD-10-CM compliant application to be able to create and process medical orders to capture the new screen shots to update the reference guide
• Trained on eClinicalWorks application to participate with the vendor's session training and creating flow sheets with the end-users
• Observed go live of new applications being implemented, at Dell Children's Medical Center and a small staff clinic of 2 clinicians/1 administrator
• Learned how IT and Health professionals communicate and work together by going on rounds on all the clinical departments University Medical Center Brackenridge
Motherboard inspection/ tester
January 2011 to March 2012
Inspected laptop motherboards for corrosion, cracks, or damaged components
• Tested laptop motherboards to verify boot up and basic function checks
Development Team Operator /Technician
July 2008 to March 2010
Performed designed experiments from instructions from the Engineers
• Reported experiment findings to the Engineers
• Logged data for future reference information
• Transferred experiment results to Jump and Excel files developing new Thin Film Technology for solar panels
• Prepared chemical solutions 8mL to 100L batches depending on the requirement
• Worked with various chemicals and metals: Ammonium Hydroxide, Sulfuric acid, Hydrochloric acid, Copper, Aluminum, Selenium, Cadmium, and Zinc
• Maintain chemical inventory for the development lab
• Performed operations/equipment repairs on deposition, sputter and coater tools
Senior Manufacturing Equipment Technician
March 1997 to January 2007
Maintained equipment status reports and informed the Supervisors and Team leads of any tool issues during the shift
• Attended Operations beginning shift meeting to coordinate a tentative schedule for PMs, and maintenance for the week
• Performed equipment meetings to assign equipment technicians PMs and repairs
• Performed end of shift pass downs to inform on tool issues and request to idle tools for PMs the next day
• Served as a mentor to less experienced peers by motivating, guiding them performing tasks
• Assisted team members with accessing the information on standards and procedures
• Communicated risk areas and develop detailed project plans and proposing solutions to roadblocks to the Lithography Supervisors
• Regularly demonstrated ownership of tasks like training, engineer experiments, or investigation of causes of defective wafers
• Resolved issues between technicians without having to escalate to the Supervisors
• Prepared, monitor and review technician's learning plans
May 1983 to April 1990
Sergeant E-5 section leader. Train and assign tasks to 20 individuals. Performed PMs and repairs on UH-1H helicopters. Operated overhead hoist to remove rotor system, engine, and transmissions. Troubleshoot and repair smaller components.
Associate of Applied Science in Electronics and Computer Technology
Certificate in Aviation
1983 to 1983
Cerner Millennium 2012 ICD-10-CM compliant, eClinicalWorks EHR, Vista EHR, Microsoft Office, SPC++ Statistical Process Control application, JMP Analytical application, VAX, Program Logic Controller software. MTUI Manufacturing Production process control application