Charter Township of Harrison, MI
To obtain a challenging position as a Staff Nurse.
July 2008 to August 2009
New Light Nursing ~ (8/09 - 1/10) Hilton Nursing ~ (8/09 - 3/10) Macomb County ~ (4/10 - 2/11) Boulevard Hills Nursing Center ~ (2/11 - Present)
• Aggressively handling the complex needs of patients with TKA, CABG, Hip Fracture, IV Therapy, PEG Tubes, J Tubes, Trachs, and others that need skilled care.
• Assess clients, recognizing real and potential problems, utilizing the nursing process.
• Accurately administer medications using the "6 rights" with a thorough knowledge of pharmacology.
• Perform a wide variety of procedures according to facility policy, utilizing medical/surgical asepsis and universal precautions.
• Accurately document all necessary information regarding residents including: assessments, progress notes, initiating or updating care plans, MAR, admissions, transfers, and MDS charting.
• Maintain a caring, empathetic, professional relationship with clients.
• Perform client teaching and assess for understanding.
• Able to organize my day in a self-directed way, in order to complete all assigned tasks.
• A flexible, dependable team player, with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Effectively supervise and direct CENA's while being a flexible, fair, dependable team player, with excellent interpersonal skills.
August 1995 to June 2007
• Sales and Operations Manager for the company.
• Increased account base by over 50 accounts in less than six months through assertive salesmanship and consistent follow-up.
• Develop procedures and training programs based on plan of corrections.
June 2007 to June 2008
B.S. in Business Administration