Director - Finance & Accounting
November 2007 to Present
The Holding: consists of Seven companies and its subsidiaries and affiliates (a total of 12 companies) which conform to accepted international accounting standards
- Yearly turnover USD 92M
Company Activity: Aviation industry, Group of Companies - Aviation Services & Aircraft Management.
Position: Director - Finance & Accounting for a Group of 12 Companies in Europe
& Middle East, Group commercial Analysis manager.
Job Description - Manages the operations of the Accounting & Finance Department in the group.
- Generate consolidated financial report for the group
- In charge of a 12 member staff, as well as a 5 member management team, with duties that include disciplinary actions, budgeting, special requests, program scheduling, and hiring
- Responsible for directing the Finance Department, developing and managing financial policies, plans and procedures to provide the advantageous allocation of resources and financial support of operational goals and functions to the Group.
- Responsible on the Group compliance with all governmental finance, accounting and tax regulations, policies and procedures and corporate governance.
- Develop and monitor policies, procedures, systems and controls for the effective recording, analyzing, and reporting of all financial transactions and issues
- Coordinate with the Accounting Managers in the group on producing and delivering the financial statements on periodic basis
- In coordination with the Chief Financial Officer, supervise the accurate and timely delivery of all financial statements, financial reports and other specialized reports to the Board, managers and stakeholders.
- Assist in preparing the Group of Companies yearly financial plan.
- Controls the implementation and the performance of the company's financial yearly plan.
- Reports to the CFO and/or CEO on the company's new and improved financial systems, credit and cash flow policies, procedures for an improved profitability.
- Controls the assessment of the creditworthiness and financial soundness of customers and suppliers.
- Study the implementation of a suitable approach for the company's profitability margin system.
- Develop and administer the execution of the Group's budget and controls
- Examine costs, Ensure timely identification and reporting of key performance variances and profitability of cost & profit centers and product lines to determine requirements to improve the Group's service, quality, expense management, and efficiency. Make associated recommendations to the Chief Financial Officer
- Direct the preparation of the financial statements, operating, cost, budget variance and other reports; forecasts and statistics for submission to the management, investors, and the regulatory authorities.
- Follows-up and monitor the flight cost fluctuation and tracking product costing
accuracy. Manages the Credit Control Operation liquidity, outstanding credit to be kept within targeted limits.
- Assist other managers with the preparation of departmental budgets, identification of financial reporting requirements, and development of standard divisional financial reports
- Manages the preparation of the financial company statutory accounts, and follows-up with the external auditors checking process.
- Manage the assets and capital structure of Group by securing and maintaining adequate operating funds and investing surplus funds appropriately and according to Group policies and procedures
- Recruit, train and evaluate the Finance staff of the group
- Maintain working relationships with accounting, regulatory and legal professionals to ensure Group's ability to manage risk and respond to industry trends
- Develop and coordinate relationships with financial institutions, investors and other capital resources
- Controls the preparation of the profit and loss statements, the cash flow statements as well as the balance sheet statements. Management report efficiency of operation & Sales performance and P&L by Aircraft and by flight.
- Create and Implement efficient reporting system related to aviation.
- Assists the CEO in all new prospect projects by presenting feasibility studies and researches on subjects raised.
- Participate in studies related to long and short term corporate planning, acquisitions, corporate financing and other projects that the group might undertake.
- Reports to Group Chief Financial Officer
Financial & Administration Manager
October 2001 to October 2008
Company Activity: Industrial Automation Manufacturer, Import & Export
- Ensure effective management of the company's financial operations through the execution and monitoring of transactions, enforcing financial guidelines and controls, and ensuring all external and internal reporting requirement are met.
- Ensures strict and proper implementation of company policies and quality procedures in the organization
- Ensures standard financial systems are established and maintained
- Responsible on International contacts and local legal affairs
- Supporting managing key accounts / cash management & debt collection.
- Responsible in the selection and evaluation of suppliers. Ensure quality system and policy is understood, implemented and maintained
- Ensure continuous suitability and effectiveness of the organization performance
- Undertake key banking tasks and cash management
- Make credit decisions within the company credit policy in a timely manner to enable the smooth running of the department. This includes opening of new accounts, credit limit revisions, negotiating payment schedules.
- Develop and implement Financial Accounting, Control and Reporting guidelines.
- Coordinate Board, General Assembly Meeting, Annual Accounts, Annual Report, balance sheet P&L.
- Preparing & Monitoring Budget, Preparing financial reports, cost analysis, Project Feasibility.
- Management Information System. Monitor Performance and compliance, Monitor retail sales and system performance, cash collection and franchise
- Software evaluation/selection, Hardware selection, System Maintenance, System Training, System Audit.
- Reporting to Managing Director Manager, Board Approval Accounts.
1998 to September 2001
Company Activity: Construction industry; Post tensioning subcontractor
Principal Duties: Preparing balance sheet, P&L, Budget, cash flow, financial statements,
investment analysis, treasury Management, cost analysis, Project Feasibility, Management Information System.
Controlling payroll, accounts payable & receivable, Payments & receipts.
Software evaluation/selection, Hardware selection, System Maintenance, System Training, System Auditing.
Reporting to General Manager, Board Approval Accounts.
Private teacher in accounting
1999 to 2000
for 3 students majoring Accounting.
Nine years of experience in handling cases related to the CNSS and IRS in Lebanon
Cost & Project Analyst
1998 to 2000
budget and costing reports.
Position Chief Accounting
1997 to 1998
Job Description: Annual accounting reports, accounts revision, accounts payable & Receivables
Payments & revision, accounts approval, journal voucher approval, receipts
approval, vouchers auditing, Banks accounts revision & monitoring, LC
documents Preparation, Clients Accounts revision & follow up Payments,
Depreciation, Aging report, Costing reports, cost center monitoring. Inventory
control & Tracing, P&L, Budget, cash flow, Management Information System,
accounts payable & receivable, Payments & receipts. Software
evaluation/selection, Hardware selection, System Maintenance, System Training,
Reports to Finance Manager.
Cost and budget analyst
1995 to 1998
Part time work, Generating cost reports and cost feasibility.
Position Assistant Auditor
1996 to 1997
Job Description: Assisting in Auditing companies, review and check accounts reconciliation,
Preparing Official Balance Sheet and financial statement, assisting in companies evaluation. Generating reports for the clients and follow the submission of the legal documents to the ministry of finance.
1994 to 1996
Principal Duties: Preparing journal voucher, statements, journal voucher entry
Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance
January 2000 to January 2004
Expertise & accounts Revision Diploma (TS3) in Auditing
January 1997 to January 2000
- Value added analysis, Cash flow management, Budget management and variance analysis reports, Audits and compliances, Financial Projections
Certification in ISO Quality Management Awareness based on EN ISO […] Issued from Alliot Management Consulting - UAE
Studied Certified Management Accountant – CMA
General Skills: - General knowledge in computer hardware.
- Skilled in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- SPSS, Project Management.
- Management Information System
- Variety of accounting programs knowledge, especially programs based on
FoxPro & SQL language, Such as Visual Dolphin, Pims Accounting
programs, Sage & Datev "German Accounting Software.)