I spent 12 years serving active duty in the United States Air Force. I performed multiple functions, and have extensive experience in supervision and sheetmetal fabrication. I also earned a Bachelor's Degree in psychology during my enlistment.
Now that I have separated, I am interested in securing a position that will allow me to gain additional experience in the psychological field. Industrial/Organizational psychology and Human Resources are the particular aspects that I have the most interest in.
Senior Structural Assembler
May 2011 to May 2012
Performs a variety of operations to assemble and make major assembly structures such as fuselage panels and bulkheads, and structural subassemblies such as rudders, flaps, and stabilizers. Aligns parts on jigs using templates and fixtures. Performs such minor part-fitting operations as filing, sawing, burring, crimping, trimming, framing, riveting, drilling, and reaming. Measures parts with micrometers and calipers to verify dimensions. May modify incomplete and complete assemblies to incorporate changes to structure. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
June 1999 to May 2011
- Supervised multiple teams on several ongoing maintenance projects simultaneously
- Prepared annual performance evaluations for subordinates assigned to direct supervision
- Inspected structures and components to determines operational status; implemented method revisions to improve equipment performance and maintenance procedures
- Ensured project completion within allotted time adhering stringent technical specifications
- Lead and developed subordinates using empowerment and followership to ensure goal accomplishment
- Detected and corrected conduct or behavior that placed subordinates or others at risk
- Monitored and addressed issues negatively impacting subordinates' mental well-being
- Used own experiences and knowledge to mentor, educate and assist subordinates
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
2004 to 2008
Associate of Science in Maintenance Technology
2002 to 2004
Project Management, Sheetmetal Fabrication, Counseling, Data Analysis, Team Building, Peer Teaching
Additional information available upon request.