SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
May 2010 to June 2011
• Hired to develop global business presence of Technology Software Company specializing in social media monitoring through weblead and cold call generation. Primary sales tactic = Webinar based.
• After 6 weeks assigned additional responsibility as Account Manager for Wal-Mart, Target Corporation and Sears Holding Corporation.
January 2008 to June 2010
• Contracted by Retail Impressions Media Corp. to evaluate market for launch of consumer entertainment magazine.
• Contracted by Cineplex Entertainment LP to provide direction and guidance on establishing an online video business.
VICE PRESIDENT SALES
December 2001 to December 2007
• Recruited to resurrect and realign the sales function experiencing lack of direction, motivation, accountability, goals after a 6 month period with no leadership, and clarity in moving forward.
• Conceived and recruited staff to build the unique sales analysis and sales forecasting department with a mandate to design sales tools, calculate forecasts and boost sales communications, which resulted in a significant sales increase and a dramatic reduction in returns.
• Devised and executed a viable sales strategy with a challenge to expand the customer base by 15% in a defined market.
• Pinpointed target retailers concentrating sales strategies at the high decision making levels, capturing Chapters/Indigo, Shoppers Drug Mart, Loblaws and Metro Video as customers which catapulted the market share from 16% to 21%.
• Consistently overachieved sales targets by 10% while lowering returns by 7%. Realized by building and enhancing relationships, partnering with clients and positioning Account Managers with certain retailers to optimize sales.
• Played a key leadership role during the SAP implementation with an emphasis on the contingency planning component.
Warner Home Video, VICE PRESIDENT SALES .continued
• Radically reshaped the 14 person Key Account Manager sales team, initiating inspiration and additional coaching, and sales training to optimize their performance, retaining WalMart, BestBuy, Future Shop, Blockbuster Video, and Costco as customers.
• Instrumental in leading the sales function during a transition from VHS to DVD shifting the business more into consumer package goods market.
• Acted as a prime point of contact and resource during the acquisition of an independent film company which broadened the corporate profile and product offering in Canada.
VICE PRESIDENT & GENERAL MANAGER - Famous Players Media & Famous Magazine
April 1999 to December 2001
• Recruited to build a new media division with an emphasis on taking to market a unique array of advertising opportunities including 'on screen' and 'outdoor'. The mandate also included the design, printing and publishing of the Famous magazine which has become a renowned component of Famous Players/Cineplex brand with a circulation of over 500,000 copies per month.
• Sourced and recruited 7 Account Executives, National Sales Manager and administration staff. Sales consistently exceed targets by an average of 12%.
• Acknowledged as the key contributor and inspirational leader as the company grew from start-up mode into a nationally recognized company producing Famous magazine, still published in 2008, and establishing "in-theatre" as a media identity.
• Acted as the corporate prime media and public relations point of contact.
• Controlled all Famous Players advertising contracts, playing an active role in negotiating deals.
• Appointed to the Famous Players Media Inc. Board of Directors, making viable contributions.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR & GENERAL MANAGER - Canada
February 1994 to April 1999
• Recruited to establish the company's Canadian footprint with a demanding mandate to make the company fully operational within 2 months.
• Utilized a 50,000 sq.ft. warehouse, recruited and coached marketing, sales, administration, finance and warehouse staff who successfully fulfilled the U.S. mandate on time and budget.
• Devised and implemented sales forecasting, business plans, corporate process and practices which elevated the company into a competitive entity capturing HMV and National Grocers as additional key accounts catapulting sales to $150 million.
• Opened branch in Vancouver in 1996 to cater to the increasing demand and enhance customer service in Western Canada.
• Divested the company's Canadian assets after the U.S. parent company lost major contracts and declared insolvency.
NATIONAL INVENTORY MANAGER
September 1989 to February 1994
Held Branch and Regional Manager positions with Rogers Video 1986 - 1989
1978 to 1985