Apple Valley, MN
1999 to Present
in stock market - personal investments; part-time antique business, and international adventure travel
1996 to 1999
1994 to 1996
1981 to 1993
1978 to 1981
1975 to 1978
1976 to 1976
1976); US Supreme Court (1976).
attorney/partner, Apple Valley
1973 to 1975
law clerk and thereafter attorney
1969 to 1973
Attorney, officer, director and shareholder
1963 to 1973
Division of Plant Industry as Entomologist I (civil service certification equivalent to Bachelor of Science degree in Entomology).
* Attorney, officer, director and shareholder; general practice of law.
** General practice of law.
1971 to 1971
1971); US Federal District Court (1971); Eighth Circuit
Juris Doctor in government
1967 to 1970
Bachelor of Arts in economics
1963 to 1967
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
(1) Analytical skills acquired and developed from years of experience practicing law;
(2) Public speaking skills developed during general practice and presentations to judges, juries and appellate courts (verbal and written);
(3) Ability to analyze and ascertain most feasible alternative(s) and select best course of legal action;
(4) Working-knowledge in multiple areas of law and business including but not limited to: real property, residential and commercial, including development, platting, compliance with local & state governments, public hearings, contracts - all types, easements, land rights (permits, licenses, etc.), leases, registration of title, proceedings subsequent,
examination of abstract/ title examination/marketable title and objections; declarations of covenants, etc.; statutes, rules and ordinances affecting title;
family law including ascertainment, identification and division of marital and non-
marital property, property valuation, custody conflicts, trials, support and maintenance;
business advice including choice of entity, organization and operation; construction law
including contracts, mechanics' liens, warranties, etc.; civil litigation (various types)
before judge/jury ; experienced practitioner in Minnesota appellate courts; vast knowledge of issues and subject matter and civil procedures, etc.;
(5) Managerial skills related to the operation of small business entities including sole proprietorship, corporation, limited liability corporation, professional association, etc.; and
(6) Operation of personal (lap or desk top) computer including various software.