Network Support Engineer
April 2013 to Present
Work with team to support and consult various networks for small, midsize and large organizations.
• Troubleshoot and support wide range of technologies: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, Replication, Terminal servers, Citrix, Windows Server 2012, 2008, 2003, Exchange 2013, 2010, and 2007, DAG, Zimbra Mail and POP3 Systems; Firewalls (Cisco ASA, PIX, and SonicWall), Cisco and HP routers and Switches.
• Administer several VMware environments running 5 and 5.5 and HYPER-V clustered environments
o Storage: HP MSA and EMC SANs
• Work with Microsoft and Cisco escalation teams on several issues:
o Resolved DFSR and AD replication issues between global sites across multiple tunnels and ISPs.
o Resolved Exchange RPC crash issue on large exchange environment with multiple CAS arrays and DAGs
• Set up several Site to Site VPN tunnels, IPsec and AnyConnect Vpn on ASA 5505/10/20 and other vendor firewalls (Netgear STM/UTM, Palo Alto, SonicWall, )
• Firewall and switch/Router Configuration: ACL, VLAN, Routing, Accounting
• Maintain code and ASDM upgrade on Cisco ASA firewalls, Catalyst and HP ProCurve switches
• Maintain networks uptime via: failover and load balancing between several ISPs
• Troubleshoot network activities: Netflow with Nessus security engine to monitor, trace down and analyze several and port activities with Nmap and WireShark
o Implement Network Traffic Management rules: Barracuda webfilter, Netgear UTM/STM, Nessus, NetEnforcer
• Barracuda Load Balancer for front end CAS servers
• Maintain Public DNS for hosted domains: MX, A, CNAME, SFP, DKIM
• Maintain Clustered Barracuda Antispam firewalls and Cloud SpamSoap for more than 500 domains
• Back up and Disaster Recovery using StorageCraft, and Replay: Virtual Boot, offsite replication and consolidation.
• Security measures: Enforced AD security policies, locked down ports on the firewall, NAC effectively apply Antivirus policies Vipre, Symantec, and McAfee.
• VOIP: Work with phone vendor to implement the voip system on the network: Create Voip VLan, port natting, and routing voip traffic using QoS policing.
• Wireless: Cisco WLC 2500 series, 5500 series ( PoE, AP conversion, Vlan, Radius authentication .); Cloud Based Controller: Meraki, Rockus
• Mobile Management (BYOD): MaaS360 mobile Management
• Respond and correct monitoring alerts using Labtech and LogicMonitor.
• Take ownership and effectively manage critical issues.
• Documentation of all projects, processes and knowledge base
System / Network Administrator
February 2011 to April 2013
Highly effective in administrating Active Directory to fulfill the university requirements for each department and school using: Scripts, GPOs, OUs, Groups, DNS, DHCP, DFS shares.
* Maintained servers Windows Server 2008 R2, 2003: OU structure, DNS (A Records) update PTR/ TTL and DNS forwarders, DHCP (Assignments, auditing, reservation), WINS, Global Catalog, directory services.
* Active Directory administration: accountability, security groups, distribution groups, replication, GPOs and FSMO roles, Clustering configuration and administration
* Worked with team member in migration DHCP Role from UNIX server to DC using scopes and Vlan assignment.
* Configured, Install and deployed Microsoft Communicator 2007
• Administer the VMware environment through VMware ESXi and vCenter on BladeSystem C7000 with more than 8 blades.
* Execute P2V migration for multiple physical servers and V2V conversions for multiple virtual servers
* Creating VM: Windows and Linux OS
* Monitor and maintain VM environment: host and vm resources utilization (CPU, Memory, IO)
* Troubleshooting issues related to ESXi host, VM migration, San Storage and vMotion
* VM snapshot and cloning
* Host hardware upgrade
• Administer and manage servers: Server 2008/R8,2003; Linux/Unix: Ubuntu
* Use the Solarwinds Orion to monitor all the Datacenter servers and address alerted issues.
* Manage HP ProLiant Servers & Blade using HP iLO and Blade Management: DL360, DL380, DL580, BladeSystem c7000, BL460c, Dell PowerEdge
* Monthly server patching and other maintenance tasks.
• Worked with Programmers to resolve Datatel, WebAdvisor, Blackboard and SharePoint issues.
• Worked closely with Datatel Programmers and project team to migrate from fat client Datatel to Web UI Datatel
• Work with all IT team and Project team to migrate the University Email System Cyrus Mail to Microsoft Exchange 2010:
* Effectively used resources to configure Distribution lists, alias, Databases, Microsoft Exchange PowerShell & Exchange backup.
* Able to route emails through the legacy open LDAP& Mail to the new environment.
* Played key role to provide solutions and work around to align the University benefits during the migration.
* Worked closely with executive, project manager and desktop team to ensure successful implementation by providing instructions, how to, processes and feedback.
• Laid out a project implementation plan for Sophos Enterprise and migration from the McAfee EPO:
* Automated Sophos installation for the Server Farm and 1200 computers through active directory GPO.
* Effectively configured Sophos Enterprise Security server according to the University environment.
• Played key role in implementing the Barracuda Email Security 600 Appliance:
* Collaborated with team members to implement complicated configuration to hybrid the Barracuda appliance between Cyrus Email System and the Microsoft Exchange.
* Configured MX records.
* Successfully migrated and imported settings from Cisco IronPort C350 to Barracuda 600.
• Chosen to lead the configuration of Barracuda during spam attacks and security alerts:
* Took ownership of implementing security measures to block and mitigate spam attacks
* Successfully implement several tools: Rate Control, SPF, Reputation score and logs
• Meet the SLA response time for incidents/requests from troubleshoot printing, user access
• Ensure network security through applying ACLs as needed on Core switch and Cisco ASA 5520 Firewall; control and monitor traffic PackeLogic appliance.
• Work as a team player with network team to maintain more than 200 Cisco switches 2950/2960G, ASA 5520, core Switch 6500, Cisco wireless 4400/5508 controllers and APs across main campus and remote campuses:
* IOS configuration and upgrade
* VLAN and ACL administration on core and access switches
* Effectively troubleshoot and diagnose TCP/IP stacks.
* Ipsec vpn support
• Mentored and gently-guided junior staff and faculty on industry best-practices relating to information technology, while maximizing the efficiency of technology to their role.
• Document changes and update tasks using ServiceNow ticketing system.
• Standardized equipment (workstation, laptop) and software via Sysprep and Ghost imaging.
• Packaged and pushed software via Altiris and GPO; Altiris Patch management of more than 800 computers
• Implementation and support of network applications for departments and Schools:
• University Clinics: Patterson EagleSoft (Upgrade 16), Dexis 9, Dental Aleer Office.
• Design School: AutoDesk, SolidWorks, Siemens NX8, Rhino 4 & 5, KeyShot, Google Sketchup
• Engineering School: MatLab, Mentor Graphics, CADs, FlexLm apps
• Labs: DeepFreeze Enterprise 7.0, QuickBooks, Multipoint Server 2011
May 2006 to June 2010
Lead engineer for front end hardware upgrades for variety of systems:
* Multivendor hardware support: IBM, Dell, HP.
* Servers: Dell PowerEdge, HP ProLiant
* Workstations, Laptops and ThinClients
• Responsible for investigating and resolving technical and hardware failures related to customer equipment issues.
• Managed on a daily basis 10-30 technical issues / cases reported; resolved minimum 7 to 10 cases daily:
* Server issues, connectivity and performance issues
• Pinpoint necessary improvements in order to increase efficiency and effectiveness to computer operations.
• Provide basic and in-depth support for all Microsoft systems: Windows XP, 7 and server 2003/2008
• Attained company goals of increased overall Customer Satisfaction by 95% through team collaboration.
Masters in Technology Management
Bachelors of Computer Science
• Strategic thinker
• Fast and Self learner
• Team player
• Project Management & Planning
• Market Research
• Extensive experience in Active Directory & Exchange
• Expert in Windows […] 8
• Skilled in Virtualization & Storage
• Good working knowledge of MS SQL […]
• Possess extensive knowledge of LAN/WAN network protocols
TCP/IP, OSPF, RIP, EIGRP.
• Practical knowledge: Cisco IOS, CatOS, ASA firewall, Wireless Controllers, VPN and monitoring tools: WireShark, Orion & Netflow.