February 2011 to Present
Lead the Migration of the University Email System Cyrus Mail to Microsoft Exchange 2010:
• Effectively used resources to configure Distribution lists, alias, Databases, Microsoft
Exchange PowerShell & Exchange backup.
• Able to route emails through the legacy open LDAP & Mail to the new environment.
• Played key role to provide solutions and work around to align the University benefits during the migration.
• Worked closely with executive, project manager and desktop team to ensure successful
implementation by providing instructions, how to, processes and feedback.
• Laid out a project implementation plan for Sophos Enterprise and migration from the McAfee EPO:
• Automated Sophos installation for the Server Farm and 1200 computers through active
• Effectively configured Sophos Enterprise Security server according to the University
• Played key role in implementing the Barracuda Email Security 600 Appliance:
• Collaborated with team members to implement complicated configuration to hybrid the
Barracuda appliance between Cyrus Email System and the Microsoft Exchange.
• Configured MX records.
• Successfully migrated and imported settings from Cisco IronPort C350 to Barracuda 600.
• Chosen to lead the configuration of Barracuda during spam attacks and security alerts:
• Took ownership of implementing security measures to block and mitigate spam attacks
• Successfully implement several tools: Rate Control, SFP, Reputation score and logs
• Administer and manage more than 100 servers: Server 2008, 2003, Ubuntu, RedHat
• Maintain VM servers using vSphere, vOps, Snapshots, P2V, V2V, vMotion, HA
• Collaborate the Solarwinds Orion to monitor all the Datacenter servers and address
• Lead the monthly server patching and other maintenance tasks.
• Highly effective in administrating Active Directory to fulfill the university requirements for each
department and school using: Scripts, GPOs, OUs, Groups, DNS, DHCP, DFS shares, WSUS updates
• Standardized equipment and software using Altiris and Deployment server managing and updating more
than 1200 computers.
• Ensure network security through applying ACLs and high level configuration of Cisco ASA 5502
Firewall and PackeLogic QoS appliance.
• Work as a team player with colleagues to manage and configure more than 350 Cisco switches
2950/2960G, ASA 5520 and core Switches 6500:
• IOS configuration and upgrade
• OSPF configuration, Edge Failover, VLAN and ACL administration
• Configuration of security features on access and core switches
• Integration of Cisco VPN AnyConnect.
• Lead network equipment maintenance and upgrades: SFP, Gbics, Cisco wireless 4400/5508 controllers and hundreds of APs across main campus and remote campuses.
• Lead the implementation and support of network applications for departments and Schools:
• University Clinics: Patterson EagleSoft (Upgrade 16), Dexis 9, Dental Aleer Office.
• Design School: AutoDesk, SolidWorks, Siemens NX8, Rhino 4 & 5, KeyShot, Google
• Engineering School: MatLab, Mentor Graphics, CADs, FlexLm apps
QuickBooks, Multipoint Server
2011 to 2011
• Mentored and gently-guided junior staff and faculty on industry best-practices relating to information
technology, while maximizing the efficiency of technology to their role.
• Participate in ERTs, Outages & RCAs; Complete and update tasks using ServiceNow
May 2006 to June 2010
Lead engineer for front end hardware upgrades for variety of systems:
• Multivendor hardware support: IBM, Dell, HP and Sony.
• Servers: Dell PowerEdge, HP Proliant
• Workstations, Laptops and Thin Clients
• Responsible for investigating and resolving technical and hardware failures related to customer
• Managed on a daily basis 10-30 technical issues / cases reported; resolved minimum 7 to 10 cases
• Server issues, connectivity and performance issues
• Pinpoint necessary improvements in order to increase efficiency and effectiveness to computer
• Provide basic and in-depth support for all Microsoft systems: Windows 2000, XP, 7 and server 2003 /2008
• Attained company goals of increased overall Customer Satisfaction by 95% through team
• French, English & German (Zertifikat Deutsch from Goethe Institute).
Bachelors of Computer Science
Masters in Technology Management
• Strategic thinker • Extensive experience in • Possess extensive knowledge of
• Fast and Self Active Directory & Exchange LAN/WAN network protocols
learner • Expert in Windows OSPF, IS-IS, EIGRP, BGP, and MPLS.
• Team player XP/7/2003/2008/IIS • Practical knowledge: Cisco IOS, CatOS,
• Project • Skilled in Virtualization & ASA firewall, Wireless Controllers,
Management & Storage VPN and Monitoring tools: WireShark,
Planning • Good working knowledge of IDS / IPS Systems, Orion & Netflow.
• Market Research MS SQL