Over 27 years Experience in different disciplines of extensive Electromechanical, Industrial installation, Commissioning, Service & Operation maintenance works. Automation Systems in Marble Factories. Experience in UPS, transformers, Generators, Building Electrical Installation. Administrative positions bearing Service & Office Responsibilities, like Coordination with Engineers, Consultants & Contractors. Site Management & Supervision. Capable of planning, handling design projects, execution on site in coordination with the management outlook and to Client's satisfaction. Progressing in different fields of engineering, starting as Contractors, Designers using the updated Microsoft computer applications. Implementing designs on site with strict supervision, aware of all codes, Regulations of International standards (NEC, IEC, BSI, ..). Attending many international seminars in Beirut , Saudi Arabia, Qatar & Dubai implementing the high technology in construction and designs in the middle east region. Projects hand over. Working out to achieve Management Plan Objective.
Design & Bidding Manager
September 2006 to Present
Electro-Mechanical Contracting Company
Post : Design Manager & MEP Coordinator – 09/09/2006
Post : Design & Bidding Manger – 15/03/2010
• Represent the Company and attend regular meetings / workshops with the Client, Project mangers & Various statutory authorities as when required.
• Coordinate & liaise with Client, Project Mangers, subconsultants as required on project / Design related matters and ensure all design requirements are met, properly incorporated & processed in a timely manner.
• Monitor work output of the teams in terms of Quality standards and timely delivery.
• Reviewing designs-identifying problems & solutions
• Monitoring the progress & quality of work by the team to ensure proper execution.
• Responsible to plan, coordinate and manage cost effective preparation and production of project drawings from all discplines throughout the various stages of Project Design Life cycle.
Design & Bidding Manager
September 2006 to May 2011
Major projects: • Um Almelh Airport Project - Najran - KSA
Construction, Completion, Maintenance and Handing over of the Border Airport Um Almelh: - Main Terminal Building
- Control Tower Building.
- Fire and Rescue Building.
- Guard Barracks Camp Buildings.
- Main Entrance Gate & Guard House.
- Water Tank and Pump House.
- Construction of a new runway
- Airfield Lighting (Apron & Runway).
- Lead-in Exit Taxiway.
- New Apron.
- New Fire and Rescue Road.
- Visitors Parking.
• King Faisal University - Al Ahsa Campus - KSA.
- Supply, Installation and Commissioning of complete Electrical, BMS, PA system, FA system for the construction of the following buildings;
1) Building 01 - Computer Science College Female. Area ~ 30000 m². Four Floors & Roof.
2) Building 02 - Science College Female. Area ~ 26000 m². Four Floors & Roof.
3) Building 05 - Deanship Building. Area ~ 20000 m². Five Floors & Roof.
• King Fahed University Petroleum & Minerals (KFUPM) - Dahran - KSA.
- Students Accommodation Phase II.
- Common Builings & Mosque.
• Construction of Two numbers 34.5 KV Switching Stations CC1-1 & CC1-2 including its associated
34.5 KV underground cable network. - Jubail.
• Jabal Al-Kabah Project - Phase 1 - Makkah Al-Mukarramah - Jabal Al-Kabah Str.
- Supply, Installation and Commissioning of complete Electrical & Mechanical Systems for the construction of: Four Stars hotel of 33 floors, 1807 rooms, 110m. high, over 122000 m² area.
Three Basements, Ground, Technical & Typical Floors, complete with all Facilities and a Helipad.
Client - Abdul Latif Jameel Real Estate Investment Company.
Consultant - Dar Al-Handassah - Shaar & Partners.
• Taibah University - Al-Madinah Al-Mounawarah - KSA.
Supply, Installation and Commissioning of complete Electrical, BMS, PA system, FA system for the construction of: B12 - Faculty of Financial & Adminstrative Science. Area ~ 29000 m². Four Floors & Roof.
Designer - Zuhair Faez & Partnership - Jeddah - KSA
Consultant - OTAISHAN Consulting Engineers - Riyadh - KSA.
Senior Electrical Design Engineer, Consultant
November 2002 to September 2006
Post : - Senior Electrical Design Engineer, Consultant.
– MEP Project Coordinator.
Electrical Designs, Consultancy & Supervision of various Commercial, Educational, Industrial,
Recreational & Multi-storyed Residential & Office Towers. Working with International
Architectural Designing Offices (SIAT GmbH-Munchen- Germany & TAILLIBERT - France).
Major projects designed & supervised during this period: • QIPCO Office Tower - West Bay Area (with Helipad).
Electrical Design of 202 m high Tower & around 80 000m² of office space, restaurants, shops, and fitness
area that are spread over 51 storeys.
• Residential Complexes of 13., 15. & 24 nos.etc . Duplex Villas and Ancillary Buildings with swimming
pools & clubs at different areas in Doha City - Qatar.
• New Abu Samra Custom Post. - State of Qatar.
Electrical Design of the Staff Accommodation for customs, at the Border between Qatar & Saudi Arabia. Buildings for Senior, Intermidiate, Labour and Family Staff Accommodation over an area of 190600 m², Complete with Sport complex, Bank, Restaurants and Shopping Supermarket. Meduim and Low Voltage, Power & Low Current Installtion..
• Residential Multi-storey Buildings and Offices - Al-Merqab Al-Jadeed & Al-Saad Areas.
• Headquarter Building for Al-Jazeera Islamic Company - Al-Sadd Area - Doha.
(2B + GF + Mz + 10 Floors). Offices & Show Room.
• Al-Waha Tower - West Bay Area.
Electrical Design of 43 storey Residential Tower, 162 m High.
• Petrol Stations at Industrial Area.
• Mosques. Etc.
Contracting and Development
January 2000 to September 2002
SAE) - Egypt.
Project: Lebanese University Campus - Hadath , Lebanon. (250 Million Dollar Proj.)
Consultant: LACECO - Beirut , Lebanon
Post: Project Engineer - Senior Electrical Design Engineer. MEP Project Coordination.
Leading a team of Engineers in the area of designs, Material submittals & Planning.
Execution of site installation, testing and Commissioning.
Designs of: Low voltage system ( Power & Lighting layouts ).
Low current systems ( Fire alarm , Security , MATV & CCTV , Telephone & Data systems , Access Control ). Building Management Systems (BMS).
Lightning protection Systems & Earthing System.
Medium voltage substations assemblies. Riser Diagrams
Public & Technical
January 1999 to October 2000
Low voltage system ( Power & Lighting layouts ). Lightning protection & Earthing systems.
Low Current Systems ( Fire alarm , Telephone & data systems , MATV & CCTV ).
Panel Board Distribution & Protection Systems.
Housing: 1- Saliba building (Horch Tabet, Maten)
2- Hamra Furnished Suites (Hamra, Beirut)
Master of Science in engineering
January 1974 to January 1976
Upgrading Computer Skills Windows , Excel , Power Point . Autocad 2011. - Ecodial - Distribution Ciruit Calculations. - Attending many seminars and training programmes in Lighting designs, Fire Alarm Systems, Communication systems & Low Voltage network calculation,
Service Country: Lebanon
Branch: Armored Corps Division
September 1974 to September 1975
• Green Belt of Six Sigma Methodology, AACE International
October 2007 to Present
• Member of the Order of Engineers and Architects – Beirut. since 13/09/1984 . ID #: 7271
Elected member to the 3rd branch bureau at the Order of Engineers-Beirut. (Electrical Consulting Engineers
Branch – (2000-2003).
• Possessing Grade 'A' certificate for Consulting Engineers (Electrical) issued by Licensing Board,
State of Qatar.
• Green Belt of Six Sigma Methodology – Seventy Two hours of Training requirements.
Program approved by IACET for 6.5 CEU credits & PMI for 60 PDU credits.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates - October 24, 2007.
• “Cost Engineering Course” - AACE International.
Forty (40) contact hours, 25 Oct. 2007 to 10 Jan. 2008.
Held in Al-Khobar – Saudi Arabia. Oct. 2007 – Jan. 2008.
• Energy Conservation Requirements in Saudi Building Code.
Training Course - 29th Sep. till 3rd October.
Held in Carlton Hotel – Al-Khobar – Saudi Arabia.