Fort Worth, TX
• Detail-oriented, efficient and organized.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to make well thought out decisions.
• Ability to adapt to new software packages quickly.
• Resourceful in the completion of projects and effective at multi-tasking.
Financial Default Reconciliation Analyst (Contractor)
October 2011 to Present
• Research and investigate defaulted loan for incorrectly assessed fees on the behalf of the loan holder.
• Validate accuracy of fund application and expense entries to corporate advance and escrow accounts.
• Determine (pursuant to State Guidelines) any amounts which need to be refunded to the borrower.
• Prepare correcting journal entries to reconcile incorrect information per each loan.
• Determine corporate advance transactions which are not recoverable and enter reclassification to loss reserve.
• For each corporate advance loss, determine responsible party (which functional group caused the loss) and loss reason code.
November 2008 to December 2010
• Conducted Unclaimed Property examinations of Fortune 500 companies on the behalf of the Firm's clients.
• Reviewed general ledger and trial balance to identify categories of potential unclaimed property.
• Assisted in researching, compiling and analyzing financial and other company data.
• Prepare task management reports and assist in preparing audit status reports on a bi-weekly basis.
• Assembled entity and account mappings of the company under audit.
• Participated in audit related meetings, conference calls and prepare minutes.
• Delegated assignments to data entry specialists and ensure the accuracy and quality of all delegated assignments.
April 2005 to October 2008
• Analyzed financial statements and tax returns of high net worth individuals including owners or stockholders of companies in various industries such as wholesale and distribution, financial institutions, real estate, insurance, entertainment and professional service firms.
• Assisted in the preparation of business valuations, perquisite analysis, standard of living reports, community/separate property balance sheets and reimbursement schedules.
• Maintained and reported on cash flow for use in Family Law matters.
• Created supporting schedules used to generate financial statements including monthly reconciliations of bank accounts, receivables, prepaid asset accounts, payables, unrecorded liabilities, cash retention analysis and normalized earnings.
• Interacted with clients, attorneys, and accountants cultivating strong professional relationships.
• Handled up to 15 cases simultaneously.
B.S. in Business Administration
Strong knowledge of QuickBooks and Quicken; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); Oracle; MSP; Crystal View; SPSS; Laser Fish software for electronic storage and management of documents; DissoMaster software for calculation of spousal and child support; Legal Solutions; and ProLaw