Results oriented procurement professional with 10 years of experience in: supplier identification and selection, sourcing, RFP process management, A/P invoice resolution, inventory management, fulfillment performance, training end users. Dedicated to providing superior customer service while managing multiple priorities end-to-end with a strong attention to detail.
2010 to Present
Procurement Professional Boulder, CO
• Manages and delivers high quality procurement services to internal end users to facilitate purchasing of: general direct services (i.e., legal, medical and financial), product development goods and services, logistics, 3rd party software, software and real estate (i.e., rents and leases) on behalf of four global regions (Europe, Asia Pacific, North American and Latin America) with 36 operating units. Provides procurement for the supplier IBM and backup procurement support for printing services and manufacturing operations
• Served on a team with the Global Procurement Director, Business Alliance Managers, Outsourced Procurement Team and the Manufacturing Procurement team that helped define and implement the procurement system and procurement policies and procedures.
• Helped transition the Procurement Department to using the Oracle Procurement Modules. Trained end users how to utilize iProcurement and trained suppliers how to use iSupplier. Provided intensive one-on-one training to approximately 35 end users. Furnishes ongoing troubleshooting to about 150 vendors and end users.
• Works closely with Business Alliance Managers and Suppliers to set up new suppliers on the Vender Master File, and maintain and update data as required. Obtain & review legal documents - contracts, SOW, W9, W8; & tax exempt forms as applicable. In addition, facilitate the setup of Suppliers on the iSupplier Portal.
• Using the Oracle 3rd Party Software Order Management system, manages the flow of software orders by identifying resources and order details and by tracking and monitoring order progression. Helped reorganize the 3rd party Software Order Management process to reduce order errors. Customized purchase orders so that they can be more easily processed by vendors.
• Researches and resolves invoicing pricing discrepancies and accounting / procurement issues that arise between Accounts Payable, end users and suppliers.
• Reviews department reports including weekly On Hold and Open PO reports. Identifies and remedies issues and logs results.
Senior Procurement Specialist
2006 to 2010
• Provided essential procurement services to end users concerning orders, bids, specifications and product sourcing for an oncology BioPharma company. Negotiated prices with vendors to select products and services consistent with corporate policies and procedures and procures products and services. Tracked the flow of supplies and equipment and monitored service orders and service contracts. Troubleshot and provided updates to end users concerning supply and equipment delivery status to ensure on time delivery to three clinical sites and one corporate office.
• Managed the RFP process for sourcing technology, laboratory equipment and supplies including: creating RFP documentation, contacting prospective vendors, assessing vendor costs and features, coordinating and leading vendor presentations and meetings, preparing and delivering decision maker vendor survey findings to senior management for final evaluation and selection.
Worked closely with Accounts Payable to resolve invoicing discrepancies, credit holds and accounting coding issues.
• Managed the Oracle iProcurement internal catalog including working with vendors to: establish vendor master files, obtain vendor pricing agreements, upload information into Oracle for end user use. Created a well received iProcurement internal catalog training manual for buyers. Provided company wide ad hoc end user iProcurement trainings.
• Prepared department reports including weekly reports for: Outstanding Order, A/P On Hold, Cost Savings (negotiated price breaks), Monthly Departmental Review (goal and objective attainment).
• Coordinated and facilitated procurement group benchmarking meetings with five other BioPharma companies. Prepared and delivered PowerPoint presentations concerning key learnings and recommendations.
• Organized and cohosted onsite seminars for the Boulder scientific end user community. Helped identify seminar topics and developed a satisfaction survey for attendees to complete
Account Manager / Production Coordinator
2001 to 2006
• Marketed to prospective clients through an effective cold calling campaign and delivery of in person presentations concerning offset lithography prepress and printing service offerings. Produced marketing packages which included a company overview, sales (pricing) sheets and a service list as well as work samples.
• Directed client accounts and maintained effective client relationships. Prepared client bids using Printsmith software. Assisted clients with planning and production requirements to ensure quality print jobs.
• Managed jobs for the printing business. Scheduled internal production to ensure on time delivery of products. Tracked job production costs and provided final job costs to accounting for proper invoicing.
• Executed computer graphic design projects. Stripped film and made plates. Reviewed and presented design and color proofs to clients.
• Maintained vendor relations and vendor support services. Purchased supplies and services (e.g., reprographics, thermography, bindery, prepress) to preserve inventory control and production continuity respectively.
Owner Boulder, CO
• Works as a visual artist in acrylics and mixed media.
• Represented by Nova Gallery in Los Gatos, California and Muse Gallery in Longmont, Colorado.
1991 to 1995
• Developed a broad client base for an offset lithography prepress and printing business. Conducted a cold calling campaign targeting advertising agencies, design firms and marketing groups within major corporations. Made presentations to prospective new clients on-site at client locations.
• Facilitated and hosted educational seminars for clients and prospective clients concerning the newest developments in prepress and print technology.
• Prepared and submitted detailed bids to clients.
• Furnished expert consultation to clients while attending design / production meetings at client sites to ensure delivery of high quality products.
1985 to 1991
• Marketed and sold offset lithography prepress and printing services to advertising agencies, design firms and corporations. Conducted one-on-one and group sales presentations.
Effectively serviced and maintained existing high value accounts with: Dole, Electronic Arts, Clorox, Logo Paris Eyewear, Knudsen Natural Foods, SGI Design, BBD&O Advertising Agency.
• Prepared bids for clients and submitted final job costs to Accounts Payable for invoicing.
• Recognized as one of the top revenue producers annually and the top account executive for two consecutive years selling over $1M per year.
• Reviewed and provided quality controlled color separated proofs and press checks.
Bachelor of Sciences in Graphic Communications, business
Associate of Arts in General Education
• Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Outlook; Lotus Notes; efi PrintSmith; Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop; Colt (contract management system); Oracle Procurement Modules, iProcurement Requisition System and iSupplier; EMC Documentum Application eRooms.