I have been fortunate enough to work in a variety of roles for a diverse group of employers. Having the ambition to succeed in any given environment has allowed me to experience various job positions in many industries. My goal is to achieve a team leadership role with a company striving for excellence.
January 2010 to Present
Owner of full service residential lawn maintenance and home repair business.
- Sales and customer service
- Quotes, scheduling and supplier relations
August 2007 to January 2010
Team member for distribution and logistics division of a family owned twenty-five store grocery chain. Distributed bakery and kitchen products as well as other vendor supplies.
- Team leader
- Quality, safety and production control
- Forklift and pallet jack qualified
- Product flow and demand involvement
March 2006 to December 2006
Sales coordinator for the Tidewater Virginia area. This family owned company employed two hundred people in its manufacturing division. We sold and distributed building supplies to residential and commercial builders across the Eastern region of Virginia.
- Vendor supplier relations
- Inside sales
- Sales to delivery of product
Light Gauge Rolling Supervisor
August 1998 to November 2005
Production supervisor for global aluminum rolling facility. I started as a production worker and was able to achieve my goals by leading a team of thirty employees.
- Worked closely with maintenance and management.
- Responsible for safety, quality and production control.
- Forklift and overhead crane certified.
- Warehouse and plant operations
Outside Sales Support
October 1993 to August 1998
Supplier of residential and commercial building supplies. Custom millwork and engineered trusses as well as a wide variety of building products from other manufacturers
- Outside sales support
- Inside sales and customer support
- Vendor and supplier relations
- Shipping and loading leader
September 1989 to August 1993
Gloucester and Newport News, VA
Owner of wholesale and retail seafood operation. Sold local and regional seafood products to a diverse customer base.
- Responsible for quality control of ever changing seasonal inventory
- Supplier relationships
- Competitive marketing and pricing strategies
- Equipment maintenance
- Harvesting local seafood
Bachelor of Science in Science Geography
1981 to 1986