Front Desk / Check - In
May 2012 to Present
• Greet all patients and visitors arriving to physicians’ office
• Quickly and efficiently register patients into daily schedule via GEMMS software system
• Direct visitors and/or walk-in patients to appropriate departments or personnel based on need
• Verify & update all patient demographics
• Assist new patients with completion of required paperwork
• Verify insurance benefits / eligibility, as needed
• Collect and review referrals for completeness and accuracy
• Collect patient copays and/or payments toward outstanding balances owed & post to patient accounts
• Answer incoming calls and direct, as necessary
• Assist in patient check-out by scheduling follow up appointments and tests ordered by physicians/ clinical staff
Hospital Admissions Coordinator
September 2009 to August 2011
• Supported and enabled hospital's marketing strategy by analyzing and reporting on changing referral patterns and numbers by referring physicians, hospitals, and other referral sources.
• Managed the admissions department ensuring that all incoming calls and patient referrals are handled professionally, timely, and efficiently.
• Maintained accurate accounting and final disposition of all inquiries and referrals.
• Directed the investigation of all patients funding sources, ensuring that all potential barriers to claims payment be addressed and resolved prior to patient admission.
• Collected and verified the accuracy of demographics / insurance information and pre-admits patients into the hospital registration system.
• Reviewed Medicare and Commercial insurance benefit with the hospital's Case Manager, ensuring coverage and completion of any pre-certification requirements
• Oversaw the timely admission of each patient into the registration system
Patient Account Representative
2008 to 2009
• Provided service and support to various hospital clients by acting as their patient account / billing department in an outsourced call center environment.
• Worked directly with patients via inbound and outbound calling to manage or resolve their residual hospital bills by setting up payment plans, negotiating payments, and/or recognizing the need for financial assistance.
• Assisted patients in understanding the insurance process and benefits.
Early Stage Credit Counselor I
2008 to 2008
• Handled high-volume of inbound and outbound consumer calls in a call center environment through an auto-dial phone system.
• Processed consumer accounts in early stage of collection, less than 30 days.
• Processed credit card and check by phone payments.
• Advised consumers regarding options for managing default accounts in early stages.
• Took payment extension requests and documented promises to pay.
Credit Plus/Credit Bureau Del-Mar-VA -Salisbury, MD 2001-2002, 2003, 2006-2008
Customer Service/Score Plus Representative
• Provided service to mortgage companies with the mortgage credit reports used in the mortgage loan process.
• Received and processed, daily, large volume of Rapid Rescore requests involving updates and corrections on the consumer credit file at the national repository level.
• Assisted in review and analysis of the lender report to determine actions that may render the best possible results for the mortgage loan process.
• Investigated and verified multiple sources of information contained in the consumer files (credit trade lines, public records, collections, employment, and rental verifications).
• Interacted with various disciplines involved in the loan application process. Completed tasks in accordance with desired loan closing deadlines
Sales & Service Representative
2003 to 2005
• Handled requests from existing and new residential customers for installation, disconnection, or changes of Verizon phone systems.
• Accountable for high volume of 50+ inbound telephone calls daily handled with efficiency, courtesy, and accuracy.
• Achieved pre-set monthly sales goals following an ever evolving sales process mode
Consumer Assistance Representative
2003 to 2003
• Handled consumer disputes and inquiries regarding personal credit files
• Accountable for high volume inbound telephone calls handled with courteous, efficient, and accurate interpretation.
• Responsible for accurate processing and data entry of consumer disputes and information reported by creditors to individual consumer credit files at the bureau level
2000 to 2001
• Provided counseling, mentoring, and tutoring assistance to mentally ill, behaviorally challenged, addicted and/or dually diagnosed children / adolescents and their families through a Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program.
• Administered various assessment tools and assisted with treatment plan development.
• Provided education to clients and families relating to diagnoses and treatment.
1998 to 2000
• Provided support and service to passengers flying on the De Haviland Dash 8 aircraft
• Provided assistance to and followed instructions of the Captain and First Officer.
• Enforced all aspects of FAA Regulations and guidelines regarding safety and security
• Responsible for overall safety, security, and comfort of passengers
B. S. in Rehabilitation Services
Accomplished professional offering versatile skills in the health care and customer service fields. Strong planner and problem solver who readily adapts to change, works independently and exceeds expectations. Ability to work with diverse individuals and groups. Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Planning & Supporting
• Keyboarding/Type 60wpm
• Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, Vision Share, HMS, Image Now
• Certified Fair Credit Reporting Act
• Excellent Written and Oral Communication
• Task and Time Management
• Organizational Skills
• Focused, Versatile and Dependable
• Exceptional Customer Service