West Jordan, UT
To obtain a challenging position within the warehousing/distribution/transportation/logistics arena that will allow me to expand my current skills and provide new growth and development for my employer.
Inventory Control Coordinator
2012 to Present
Conduct daily cycle counts on raw materials and finished goods.
• Receive inbound materials; inspect, verify, locate product to pick locations.
• Work with production to maintain needed materials.
• Enable "FIFO" rotation of materials.
• Liaison between Pittsburgh Corporate Materials Management and Salt Lake location.
Aspen Distribution - Salt Lake City, UT 1988-2005, 2011-2012
Transportation Service Rep Lead / Collections
• Coordinate collections on AR invoices
• Daily processing of AP invoices of purchased transportation services
• Provide customers with shipment delivery information and POD receipts
• Handle customer inquiries on freight rates and invoice problem resolution
Special Projects Supervisor
• Maintain Hershey aged hold and quality holds projects and databases
• Coordinate and implement co-pack and repack projects
• Coordinate and maintain Hershey Distributor Alliance Program
Warehouse Supervisor- Day Shift- Bldg. #1
Shipping/Receiving Supervisor, Mars Bldg. #2/ Guard-Hostler/Warehouseman
2006 to 2010
Responsible for daily operation of this 3PL warehousing/distribution operation.
• Schedule work assignments and train new warehouse employees.
• Coordinate in-house trucking/driver deliveries.
• Provide warehouse facility safety training to warehouse personnel.
Early Career: Technical sales representative, in multiple state territories, in steel wire rope (ARMCO Steel Corp.) and adhesives industries (National Starch & Chemical) in Intermountain West.
B.A. in International Studies
• 20 years of successful warehouse and logistics experience
• Hands-on leadership experience
• Excellent people skills
• Responsible AR/AP professional
• Understanding of WMS & TMS computer programs & systems
• Detail oriented
• Understanding of relationship between warehouse/transportation operations & customer service
• Excellent oral and written presentation skills
• Early sales background provides unique outside-in/ inside-out logistical perspective