Leadership position where I can utilize my expertise in program and product development to make an impact to customers and products.
Senior Manager of Project Management and Quality Assurance, Mobile
2010 to Present
Managed, lead and built project management and QA teams through the delivery of mobile product solutions across the IOS, Android and m. (Mweb) platforms.
• Lead cross functional program team responsible for bringing the first direct mobile commerce capabilities to the Walmart.com platform (http://mobile.walmart.com/). The initiative focused on ease of use for mobile users and equates to $18.2 million dollars in yearly sales.
• Lead project management team responsible for implementing agile development process. This included; story definition, tracking development and testing velocity, release planning, daily Scrums and coaching the team through the transition from a primarily ad hoc development process to agile.
• Lead the project team charged with delivering an m. presence and mobile ecommerce product to a leading online grocery business in the UK. (http://m.groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/) The goal of this effort was to rapidly bring mobile ecommerce to the UK business, this effort was delivered in less than 3 months and has equated to $14.6 million is yearly sales.
• Managed Walmart's mobile portfolio / roadmap that defined and tracked 15 concurrent projects, across IOS (iPhone / iPad), Android and mweb platforms for US and UK businesses.
• Built QA team from the ground up, hired management team, established initial processes for test case creation, execution and reporting. Managed day to day activities for test planning from resourcing projects to defining test plans through test reporting and closure.
• Managed the Project Management team responsible for project tracking, cross functional team collaboration, milestone management, scheduling, dependency tracking and issue resolution.
• Managed the Quality Assurance team including test case creation and execution, team load balancing, recruiting activities, team skills building, and QA process definition.
• Managed multiple external vendors responsible for development of mobile websites and IOS applications. This included contract definition, SOW creation, invoicing, management of day to day activities for development, user experience and quality assurance vendors.
Senior Program Manager
2006 to 2010
Managed the delivery and execution of programs including the development of integrated program plans, resource plans, project schedules, risk mitigation plans, product backlogs and daily management of project deliverables. Acted as subject matter expert for mobile applications and mobile product development. Provided technical guidance and vision for product direction to support business goals.
• Primary program manager for a complete refactoring and replacement of Kodak Gallery's ecommerce platform, moving from a home grown solution to an ATG based solution. Supervised multiple program managers to drive smaller programs while managing the overall portfolio required to transition the platform.
• Lead organization through a migration from a waterfall based program management system to an agile based life cycle. Designed a process for story writing, implemented iteration planning and designed methods to accurately report status of feature delivery.
• Designed and implemented a process for implementing and submitting Kodak Gallery mobile applications to mobile carriers. Managed internal developers in the creation of multiple BREW photo sharing applications.
• Portfolio manager for a 25 million dollar company initiative that includes the execution of multiple programs and cross functional deliverables.
• Managed multiple large-scale web site deployments including collaboration across multiple project teams, project / release issue resolution, resource management and day-to-day management of release milestones.
• Managed and delivered the ATG catalog data development for all new initiatives, including development of migration scripts, setting of catalog structures and development of product configuration data. Managed multiple software and web developers as direct reports.
Senior Project Manager
2005 to 2006
Managed the launch of mobile games and applications for BREW and J2ME mobile platforms. Responsible for milestone scheduling, bug tracking, and ensuring deliverables from internal and external team members were met on schedule and within budget.
• Owned and managed cross-functional team deliverables and schedules, hitting target milestones and managing risk mitigation and issue resolution that delivered over 20 titles to all US carriers.
• Managed development and QA staff of 25 to deliver products on multiple platforms and technologies, including J2ME, BREW, and CDMA.
• Worked effectively dealing with support issues for companies such as Verizon, T-Mobile, ATT (Cingular), Sprint (Nextel), and Electronic Arts.
IT Operations Director
2000 to 2005
Managed the deployment of a web search platform targeting mobile devices; including management of large-scale network / infrastructure build out, management of multiple projects and served as technical project lead for many business initiatives.
• Managed deployment / IT infrastructure team.
• Development lead for the creation of mobile search portals for companies such as Nokia and Asahi Shimbun. Included the development of early form of device detection, user behavior tracking and a mobile XHTML delivery.
• Drove product management, engineering and marketing to build deployment and infrastructure requirements and plans.
• Built project plans that defined an IT infrastructure and network build out.
Professional Services Manager
Managed team of developers who were responsible for technical services that included customer implementation and deployment of new products and technologies.
• Managed professional services team consisting of 10 employees.
• Worked as primary sales engineer aiding in the selling of technology including demonstrations, proof of concepts and sales calls.
• Lead the development and use of enterprise search engine, which included building search collections, configuration, use of internet spiders, and building and maintaining of document processors.
• Developed and maintained mission critical 24/7 ASP solutions.
• Designed and implemented SDLC best practices throughout engineering, quality assurance and professional services.
1997 to 2000
Successfully managed multiple cross-functional teams through the definition, development and delivery of products. Technical lead for infrastructure and web projects regarding engineering and development processes.
• Managed multiple cross-functional teams of up to 40 people including product management, hardware and software engineering, functional and compatibility testing, quality assurance and ASIC designers ranging from individual contributors to directors.
• Optimized development process, including engineering, QA and release management.
• Dealt with resource and scheduling conflicts among multiple projects and teams.
Program Management Engineer - Tools and Metrics
1996 to 1997
Developed web-based tools to aide the software development and release process for IRIX operating systems.
B.S. in Computer Information Systems
Accomplished manager of people, processes and teams. Have worked in mobile industry for the last 7 years, as a project, product and program manager for many mobile products and ecommerce initiatives. Excellent program/project management skills, have lead multiple companies through the transition from waterfall to agile while maintaining product delivery. Have managed and built multiple teams across various disciplines.