Engineering Manager - Employer Team
October 2015 to Present
Indeed is the #1 job site worldwide with over 180 million unique visitors every month from over 50 different countries.
As the engineering manager of the employer team I'm responsible for:
* Managing the coaching the engineers on the team.
* Defining engineering goals to improve resiliency and stability of the product.
* Improving the planning process to provide more visibility around the work being done (switched to Kanban) and the metrics being produced.
* Working with product to define the initiatives that will have the most impact around improving our job post funnel and management, improving candidate management and messaging, lowering the amount of scam and fraud jobs being posted through automated and manual moderation.
Engineering Manager - Indeed University
July 2015 to October 2015
I put together a program to on-board 54 new college graduates and recent graduates that were joining Indeed. The goals were to
* Teach ownership and how to measure impact and allow the new hires to explore new product ideas.
* Create new leaders at Indeed through having them coach the new hires and lead a product team.
* Deliver new product ideas for Indeed and prove via data if the product is a successful opportunity or not.
During the program I managed the 12 leads and coached them on managing 4 or 5 new hires themselves, helping them setup 1 on 1s and evaluate the performance of the new hires on their team. Indeed University created 11 new products, 5 of which Indeed continued to invest in after the program ended.
Tech Lead - Job Search Team
February 2013 to July 2015
As the tech lead of the job search team, my main responsibilities included:
* Working with the product team to define technical requirements and build the road map for new features and improvements.
* Providing technical leadership and guidance to the members of the job search team.
* Helping recruit new engineers and QA for the engineering teams.
* Improving processes within Engineering.
Additionally, during this time period I created the @IndeedEng technical speaker series which is now seeing over 100 guests every month. I am responsible for helping speakers prepare their topic and presentation; coordinating the food, drinks, and venue for the day of the event; and helping prepare the announcements and videos.
Software Engineer - Resume Team
December 2010 to February 2013
The resume team at Indeed builds the applications which allow jobseekers to create and manage their resume (https://my.indeed.com/resume) and the search engine where employers can search for jobseekers (http://www.indeed.com/resumes). Jobseekers are now creating over 2 million new resumes every month.
As a founding member and later tech lead of this team, I was responsible for building from the ground up the applications that now make up Indeed's resume search. My initial focus involved designing the architecture and working with the product team to design the first versions of the resume products. I built the resume editor and resume search web applications using Spring 3 on the server side and Google Closure for the front-end. As the team grew, I moved to a tech lead position, overseeing the development of Indeed Apply (http://www.indeed.com/hire/indeed-apply), a product that allows jobseekers to use their Indeed Resumes to apply to jobs, as well as the continued growth of our resume search products.
In addition to my engineering responsibilities, I also played a role in Indeed's recruiting process. I traveled to colleges around the country for career fairs and interviews and interviewed candidates at our office. I helped develop and run the resume team's intern program and mentored interns during the summers of 2011 and 2012.
Software Engineer - Employer Team
July 2009 to December 2010
The employer team at Indeed is focused on building better tools for employers to manage their jobs on Indeed's site.
My major responsibilities as part of this team included:
* Building an early version of posting jobs for small businesses, now available on employers.indeed.com
* Rebuilding a majority of the user interface making it cleaner and easier for employers to use.
* Internationalizing ads.indeed.com, bringing it to all of Indeed's languages and countries.
* Building an early version of resume search, now available on indeed.com/resumes.
September 2008 to April 2009
Software Architect Intern
March 2007 to August 2008
BS in Computer Science
January 2005 to January 2009